legendary run through of the library

has anyone beaten this level legendary yet?

if so can you help me out and give me some pointers?

thanks

Near impossible to beat even through I know it has been done. Make sure you get the Bandana skull. It’s located on the level the Silent Cartographer. Make sur you use the spawn jump. Look it up on Youtube.

> Near impossible to beat even through I know it has been done. Make sure you get the Bandana skull. It’s located on the level the Silent Cartographer. Make sur you use the spawn jump. Look it up on Youtube.

thanks, got through it an hour ago, had the bandanna skull and it was still hard as hell.

Idk how anyone can get the achievement to not die on that level

I watch some walkthroughs then did it it is a hard level.

> > Near impossible to beat even through I know it has been done. Make sure you get the Bandana skull. It’s located on the level the Silent Cartographer. Make sur you use the spawn jump. Look it up on Youtube.
>
> thanks, got through it an hour ago, had the bandanna skull and it was still hard as hell.
>
> Idk how anyone can get the achievement to not die on that level

Skill, patience and memorizing the level. :slight_smile:

Library is actually pretty easy. There are a few tough spots, but most encounters are easy despite a usually fast-paced feel.

Just do a lot of maneuver/strafe fighting, and take your time. Be aggressive when you have to.

guys don’t exaggerate about how hard a level is. Game was first released in November 2001 with that level and probably tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of people have beaten that level on legendary.

> > Near impossible to beat even through I know it has been done. Make sure you get the Bandana skull. It’s located on the level the Silent Cartographer. Make sur you use the spawn jump. Look it up on Youtube.
>
> thanks, got through it an hour ago, had the bandanna skull and it was still hard as hell.
>
> Idk how anyone can get the achievement to not die on that level

I did it, and it wasn’t too bad. The trick is to stop most of the Flood from spawning in. Hiding instead of fighting, and lobbing grenades like crazy (Bandana Skull Needed). This goes for beating the Library in under 30 minutes too.

Library on Legendary most definitely is not impossible, I’ve beaten it many times on Legendary without activating any skulls to help me though I’ll never boast that I did on my first or even tenth try. Like any game with a deep challenge is it takes practice and patience.

What you have to rely on is:

1) Remembering enemy placement: Knowing when, where and how often your enemies spawn helped me prepare for these fights. There’s a difference between you being assaulted and you doing the assaulting.

2) Using dependable weapons: Pistol and shotgun are my weapons of choice. IMO, anything less is asking for trouble. Pistol is great for distance kills, shotgun for spread and stopping power. You’ll find enough ammo for both though not as much as you’d hope.

3) Aim for the arms: Using the pistol can take an arm off with 1-2 shots and since Flood don’t dodge it’s pretty easy to accomplish. No arms, no harm to you. Watch for enemies using the same weapons and avoid grenading them so you don’t blow the weapon somewhere off the map.

4) Back tracking to draw enemies to you (not you to them): Many parts of this stage use sheer strength in number to swarm you. It’s helpful to you to draw them out then run back far enough to put some distance between you.

5) Careful plasma grenade placement: Sticking anything other than a Carrier form is gonna get you killed. Flood like to rush in unexpectedly. Land your stickies on the ground and just enough ahead of the enemy so they charge into them.

6) Use cover: On this difficulty your shields and armor won’t last more than a second or two against medium sized groups. Find a corner, equip the shotty and wait for Human/Elite floods to walk in.

8) Don’t waste ammo on Infection forms: Melee alone will get you past them easily. They practically kill themselves this way. Back away + melee = survival.

9) Patience.

The worst part of the whole mission is the enclosed stand-off. I choose a corner opposite of the two chambers where they emerge, carefully plant stickies into the chamber where they appear (I know #5 says not to do this but there’s always a delay of 2-3 seconds by the time the Flood hit the floor coming out of those chambers.) Frags are planted at their feet in groups. Shotgun whoever makes it around the corner and melee the Infection forms.

Hope this helps.

> guys don’t exaggerate about how hard a level is. Game was first released in November 2001 with that level and probably tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of people have beaten that level on legendary.

Just because it’s easy for you now doesn’t mean it was easy for you when you first tried it. It’s a simple stage for me now but it took me numerous tries to beat on my own.

When the game was released has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty.

I literally just did it, using the Bandanna skull - to be honest I found the level extremely tedious more than anything. I had a Pistol and an AR with me at all times which worked well enough, since I didn’t really want to get up close to the Flood with a Shotgun.

I did it without bandanna my first playthrough. it did take a while but i didnt think it was all that difficult. There is always a good supply of shotgun ammo, and many of the parts you can run through. When the monitor leaves and you have to hold your ground, just find a place to hide so the flood cant find you.

> I literally just did it, using the Bandanna skull - to be honest I found the level extremely tedious more than anything. I had a Pistol and an AR with me at all times which worked well enough, since I didn’t really want to get up close to the Flood with a Shotgun.

They don’t have to be close to you kill with the shotgun. CE shotgun is a beast even at a distance, if they get close it’s practically a 1-hit kill every time.

> > I literally just did it, using the Bandanna skull - to be honest I found the level extremely tedious more than anything. I had a Pistol and an AR with me at all times which worked well enough, since I didn’t really want to get up close to the Flood with a Shotgun.
>
> They don’t have to be close to you kill with the shotgun. CE shotgun is a beast even at a distance, if they get close it’s practically a 1-hit kill every time.

Eh, my experiences were much different even trying to use it at a slightly longer range - in one of the small rooms you get “trapped” in for a little while I found that using the Shotgun always got me surrounded and overwhelmed because the reload time is so long compared to the Pistol, even trying to break out of the reload halfway through took an eternity within the context of the game.

CEA legendary is not hard enough .

If you won’t to do It my gt is sm1ley77 .

> There’s a difference between you being assaulted and you doing the assaulting.

I loved how it was possible to turn the tables on Flood in CE, reroute and guide them to their deaths.

> 2) Using dependable weapons: Pistol and shotgun are my weapons of choice. IMO, anything less is asking for trouble. Pistol is great for distance kills, shotgun for spread and stopping power. You’ll find enough ammo for both though not as much as you’d hope.

+1

Although the pistol also has a degree of stopping power. So does meleeing.

> 3) Aim for the arms: Using the pistol can take an arm off with 1-2 shots and since Flood don’t dodge it’s pretty easy to accomplish. No arms, no harm to you. Watch for enemies using the same weapons and avoid grenading them so you don’t blow the weapon somewhere off the map.

+1

You can also do this with the shotgun.

Actually, it would be worse if they tried to dodge. It’d slow them down. I am glad CE Flood are not like this. Trying to do this in CE or H2 would make them berserk and run around a lot, making it harder to hit them.

Flood are expendable. Only the special ones (shielded, camo) should seek to preserve themselves.

> Flood like to rush in unexpectedly.

I miss CE Flood. :frowning: Pathfinding ignores danger!

H3 Flood are too tactical for my tastes.

> 8) Don’t waste ammo on Infection forms: Melee alone will get you past them easily. They practically kill themselves this way. Back away + melee = survival.

Amen.

Speaking of corners, the 2nd pulse generator Flood are easily defeated by hiding behind a corner, drawing them, and using the pistol or shotgun to kill or disarm them. :stuck_out_tongue:

For me it involved a month of heavy drinking. One day I sobered up and just happened to get it. Either way it took me a month.

I managed to get both by playing 2-player and taking turns protecting each other. Still takes a bit of work, but hanging back being the other player’s respawn point tends to keep you from taking a lot of damage.

If ammo aint a problem, then patience and nading are my best bets. It may look like it, but there aint an unlimited amount of flood spawning at certain spots, like in the corridors from where they jump down to the right of you. Be calm and just outlast them, then you get a well deserved Checkpoint, which aint always the case when they swarm you.