Legendary Mode, hard or not?

First off, I’d like to say this off topic. Everyone complaining about matchmaking related topics should divert all important agendas to the Matchmaking forums. Too much less relavent topics on here.

On topic:

With Halo 4 Legendary difficulty on Campaign, I’ve noticed it to bit a bit easier as in more manageable than Halo 3 & Reach legendary campaign. I think this is a good thing considerable you don’t have to spend two clips of your DMR/BR just to kill one elite (I’m not sure if you guys ran into that problem in H:3/Reach). While I notice that they do a dangerous amount of damage, it’s mostly manageable and less annoying to fight your way through the campaign.

Spartan Ops with four players, yeah it’s completely easy discounting the fact that you can respawn after everyone dies. I’ve manage to blow through legendary with just a little over 7 minutes. I hope the future episodes to come will be more lengthy.

What’s your opinion?

Campaign was easy but did have its bumps on Legendary for me.

Spartan Ops was a walk in the park, especially with the respawn locations being almost 10 feet from where you died and no returning to a certain point before you died.

Still have to do the Legendary on Solo for me, but there is a glitch on Lockdown to skip more than half of it, so I will do that tomorrow after school!

It’s not hard, I just take my time, but it does get kinda lengthy in Campaign.

It was easy for me, it had its spots, but never made me want to throw my controller at the wall.

Also it gave me the feeling that everything worked the way it should, that it just wasn’t being unfair for the sake of being hard. That I had to rely on my intellect as the gamer as opposed to luck & RNG. (I.E. not having a plasma pistol or even having one while doing a fast swap and shoot to an elite or brute’s head who fires fuel rods constantly w/o reloading with backup buddies…damn you tsavo highway…damn you…)

> It was easy for me, it had its spots, but never made me want to throw my controller at the wall.

It was pretty easy imo, just at certain points were hard but weren’t really frustrating.

The only difficult part in Legendary for me was the final segment of the level Midnight, where you had to plug Cortana into several terminals so that she could clone her rampant personalities to hinder the Didact’s progress. The main problem was the lack of Checkpoints, which got really annoying considering how long it takes to kill the oh-so-many Knights without a plasma pistol, binary rifle, or incineration canon.

The third mission was the only extremely difficult part of the campaign for me (solo). All the levels definitely have their difficulty spikes though.

I’ve completed all the SO missions Legendary (solo) but considering there is no penalty for death, it isn’t so hard.

> …damn you tsavo highway…damn you…

I managed to get myself surrounded at a checkpoint by like 15 Brutes and a Wraith on that level, single worst/hardest Legendary experience I’ve had in all the Halo games (haven’t played H2 on Legendary though). This game was much much easier by comparision. All it took was a little patience and using the right AA’s Autoturrets/Jetpack/Hardlight Shield in that order.

It was a very satisfying legendary. My favorite to date. It had it’s moments like some say but we did well because we used our intellect. It wasn’t stupidly difficult like halo 2 or annoying like reach. I should note that it even leaves room to make the game even harder with some skulls on, without making it extremely frustrating. Extremely satisfied.

Compared to CE, 2, 3 and Reach it’s ridiculously easy. Breezing through it.

> > …damn you tsavo highway…damn you…
>
> <mark>I managed to get myself surrounded at a checkpoint by like 15 Brutes and a Wraith on that level, single worst/hardest Legendary experience I’ve had in all the Halo games</mark> (haven’t played H2 on Legendary though). This game was much much easier by comparision. All it took was a little patience and using the right AA’s Autoturrets/Jetpack/Hardlight Shield in that order.

Mother of God

Ugh the first time I had to deal with more than two Knights at once in Legendary solo. That was nightmarish but eventually I got used to it and by the final mission I was dispatching them with expert precision after dealing with those irksome Watchers.

Its challenging. But not in a frustrating way like reaches Rush with out flinching all day elites. -_-

Halo 3/reach legendary was a piece of cake for me , only thing that i found annoying was the jackal snipers

Halo 4 on the other hand makes me wanna throw my console out of the window because of crawlers and knights.
Also the Fuel rod grunts annoy the -YOINK!- out of me.

I agree with what most are saying here.

It’s definitely easier, but in the sense that it isn’t screwing you and being ridiculously unfair.

Like in Reach where nothing you have can down an elite before it runs up on you and 1 hit slaps you across the planet.

Or in Halo 3 where snipers 1 shot killed you and you had to find out where they were AFTER you were dead.

Or in halo 2 where you had to drive through that rocky area in the warthog and get randomly blown up constantly and had to rely on luck.

Or Halo 1 where you got some of the worst checkpoints in history and could only calmly walk from cover to cover.

Downsides is that the AI in some parts is just plain stupid, Banshee’s flying into walls and getting stuck for example. And the range to enemies in legendary is somewhat poor (you can max range enemies in some levels much easier than any other halo game, forcing them to die without ever shooting at you).

Although the Binary rifl/incendiary cannon Prometheans are a real pain.