Legendary, like a boss...

Me and a good friend of mine are going to play through the Halo 4
campaign on Legendary the first go around. Anyone else going to do
the same?

Well I’ve randomly picked up the habit of Completing all games on the Hardest Difficulty as soon as possible…

So I guess a Legendary run right out the gate is in order with Halo 4…wonder if they have an Achievement for doing that Solo again…

> Well I’ve randomly picked up the habit of Completing all games on the Hardest Difficulty as soon as possible…
>
> So I guess a Legendary run right out the gate is in order with Halo 4…wonder if they have an Achievement for doing that Solo again…

That would be cool…

Legendary tends to piss me off, and I like the first time to be the best it can. So, in other words, no. Also, co-op isn’t good for the first time since you focus less on story than fooling around with friends. Legendary and co-op are both reserved for later playthroughs.

> That would be cool…

Another benefit of having that Achievement would be that it reduces the chances of there being a Multiplayer Achievement…

…Oh Multiplayer Achievements…how I bloody despise you, especially the ones on Reach…

…But nothing will top 2for1

> Legendary tends to piss me off, and I like the first time to be the best it can.

For whatever reason, the immediate Challenge you get with Legendary/Whatever the Hardest Difficulty is, makes the experience so much better…for me at least…

> Also, co-op isn’t good for the first time since you focus less on story than fooling around with friends.

I agree with this infinitely, I need to play any new game all alone, locked up in Privacy to enjoy it…

…Dear crap that sounds really bloody bad when I read it back…

On first playthrough I tend to play according to canon. Which is generally Normal+Tough Luck+Thunderstorm, or Heroic. Make it all seem right.

> > That would be cool…
>
> Another benefit of having that Achievement would be that it reduces the chances of there being a Multiplayer Achievement…
>
> …Oh Multiplayer Achievements…how I bloody despise you, especially the ones on Reach…
>
> …But nothing will top 2for1

I agree, the 2 for 1’s, I always look forward to getting those.

For Halo I usually go on Heroic to learn and not loose any experience (or get stucked sometimes), and then Legendary and Coop.

> For Halo I usually go on Heroic to learn and not loose any experience (or get stucked sometimes), and then Legendary and Coop.

That’s not a bad idea…

I go for Heroic, as it naturally feels (and has been stated by Bungie in the past to be) the most realistic difficulty. Since I’m a major Halo-canon person, I always go for the most realistic first.

I don’t care about swiping through Legendary in my first go- It’s gonna happen sooner or later, and thousands to millions of players will accomplish the feat to. It’s nothin’ special to me. I’d rather enjoy the story first and foremost- Heroic provides plenty of intensity for those epic, do-or-die moments in the story.

> For Halo I usually go on Heroic to learn and not loose any experience (or get stucked sometimes), and then Legendary and Coop.

I’m most likely going to end up doing this if the enemies in H4 are bullet sponges like in Reach.

> > That would be cool…
>
> Another benefit of having that Achievement would be that it reduces the chances of there being a Multiplayer Achievement…
>
> …Oh Multiplayer Achievements…how I bloody despise you, especially the ones on Reach…
>
> …But nothing will top 2for1

I already started another thread about this, but not here. It’s in the Halo 4 threads. Here:

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postsm760242_What-difficulty-will-you-start-Halo-4-with.aspx#post760242

I always play games on the hardest difficulties…

so yes, like a baws