Legendary Developer Commentary - Disapointment

Received my Halo Reach Legendary edition yesterday and was very anxious to watch the Developer´s Commentary, but it was very dissapointing to notice that it can only be watched in Waypoint…

C´mon, 343/Bungie: it´s 2 hours long and I can´t stop and resume whenever I want. It´s a pain having to rewind of fast foward such a long file. Can´t it be made avaliable for download? No matter the size, I´d love to have it stored in my 360´s HD, so I could watch whenever I want (as well as resume where I stopped).

That content should have been mada avaliable in an extra disc.

I couldn’t agree more. It is very displeasing to know that I can’t keep it on my HD because even though the fast forward and rewind is a pain, what if my internet connection is out and i would like to watch that while i couldn’t play matchmaking? Well then i’d also be SOL because waypoint only works while connected…This is definately something that needs to be fixed. If it comes in a bundle you should be able to use it whether online or not. Everything to my knowledge in the legendary package can be used offline except for this video… you can wear flaming helmet in campaign, same with recon, you can have a vs. game locally in which you can wear the elite armor, and the avatar award also doesn’t need a connection to work. So everything except the video will work when my internet is down.

A Legendary dissapointment. I really love the series and being denied owning it on my HD is a pain, specially because it´s the kind of content that you want to watch with time enough to pay attention and, specially without interruptions. On Waypoint that´s impossible, as every now and then it´s buffering the video feed…That´s not an elegant solution of offer to loyal customers.

C´mon, Bungie/343/Microsoft, make it avaliable for download in 720p, I don´t care if it´s over 10-20GB, I just want the content. Isn´t that the reason there are 120-250GB HDs in 360´s nowadays?

> A Legendary dissapointment. I really love the series and being denied owning it on my HD is a pain, specially because it´s the kind of content that you want to watch with time enough to pay attention and, specially without interruptions. On Waypoint that´s impossible, as every now and then it´s buffering the video feed…That´s not an elegant solution of offer to loyal customers.
>
> C´mon, Bungie/343/Microsoft, make it avaliable for download in 720p, I don´t care if it´s over 10-20GB, I just want the content. Isn´t that the reason there are 120-250GB HDs in 360´s nowadays?

Agreed… even keep it on waypoint for those with smaller HD’s that can’t download it.

> > A Legendary dissapointment. I really love the series and being denied owning it on my HD is a pain, specially because it´s the kind of content that you want to watch with time enough to pay attention and, specially without interruptions. On Waypoint that´s impossible, as every now and then it´s buffering the video feed…That´s not an elegant solution of offer to loyal customers.
> >
> > C´mon, Bungie/343/Microsoft, make it avaliable for download in 720p, I don´t care if it´s over 10-20GB, I just want the content. Isn´t that the reason there are 120-250GB HDs in 360´s nowadays?
>
> Agreed… even keep it on waypoint for those with smaller HD’s that can’t download it.

Agreed ! paid 150 bucks for the Legendary edition you should at least be able to download a video

Halo 3’s special features, in my opinion, are still the best behind-the-scenes stuff in the video game industry. followed closely by God of War III, it just sucks that for 150$ the only thing they gave me was Steve Scott, Lee Wilson, Marcus Lehto, and Marty talking for 2 hours about what I just played… hopefully they make a really awesome making-of for the next Halo game. and I expect Jazz hands and pink glittery chairs! (that was a joke for one person, and they will likely be the only one to get it. and they will LOL)

I will keep your feedback in my back pocket in case a similar situation arises. Thanks for taking the time to leave your opinions on the matter. Despite not being pleased with it only being available on Waypoint, I do hope you enjoyed the video.

(For DK - jazz hands!)

yea thanks for that reply angel and yes I get it as well DK

> I will keep your feedback in my back pocket in case a similar situation arises. Thanks for taking the time to leave your opinions on the matter. Despite not being pleased with it only being available on Waypoint, I do hope you enjoyed the video.
>
> (For DK - jazz hands!)

wow! i missed this! sorry, I took a leave of absence from round these parts. sadface. do your best to have a lime just thrown in there somewhere. no big deal! <3

p.s. no chair, no jazz hands, no :paxhug:

I had to wait two weeks to watch it. Every time I tried to watch it, it literally buffered every 25 seconds. After two weeks of trying, it only buffered once at the beginning, and I was able to watch it all the way through. I tried to watch it again, and it went back to buffering every 25 seconds. I guess I just got lucky one time. That has been the only time I have been able to watch it.

I’ve yet to watch the commentary. I never got around to it. From what I am reading, it seems that I may be missing out, but would be better to wait to see if these issues being brought up are resolved first before going on the hunt for the video.

I never had any buffering or quality issues. Being a nerd if you’re going to watch a commentary then wanting to stop it frequently isn’t much of an issue, yes you can pause and resume, but stopping, going to the dashboard, and resuming is not possible, I can’t imagine many situations of someone saying “I have to go to work in 20 minutes, wonder how much of The Lord of the Rings commentary I can get through”.

Yes having this on disc would be nicer, but a digital version keeps costs down and it’s certainly not a deal breaker.