Legendary BTB

343i, I must say that Legendary is perfect. The only thing that’s giving me a hard time is the CSR matching, but that is only because the playlist is two days old, and the good player still haven’t leveled their skill up in it (I am not the best player, if you get what I mean). So Legendary is awesome. AR starts are somehow working, which is great, and I’m sure all the feedback is telling you to add a Magnum as a secondary so that matter should be settled soon.

Now what? Legendary BTB is what.

Vehicles have been given the middle finger throughout the lifespan of the game- and mostly due to the Plasma Pistol and the Plasma Grenades being on the map. Vehicles aren’t power weapons anymore, and are a huge risk for anyone who gets into them.

Legendary BTB will omit Plasma Pistol starts and the possibility to fling 3 plasma grenades. Legendary BTB will hail the return Vehicles as power weapons and as a huge figure in map control. This playlist should include Objective gametypes as well and I wouldn’t mind if it replaces Skirmish a together.

Please do this, 343i. We would play the crap out of it.

I can see it now: AR starts on Settler with a DMR and Beam Rifle appearing on top of the hill.

Big Team Legendary would be cool, but only if we spawn with a precision weapon.

It already exists, other than the fact that you can Choose which Utility weapon you want to use and there are weapon markers, it’s called Big Team Slayer and has been there for a while. It’s no longer “Pro” because they added the Radar to it…

I agree, also they should have 2 loadouts AR and BR both with magnum… on both playlists

> It already exists, other than the fact that you can Choose which Utility weapon you want to use and there was weapon markers, it’s called Big Team Slayer and has been there for a while. It’s no longer “Pro” because they added the Radar to it…

you’re saying slayer pro has radar now?

> > It already exists, other than the fact that you can Choose which Utility weapon you want to use and there was weapon markers, it’s called Big Team Slayer and has been there for a while. It’s no longer “Pro” because they added the Radar to it…
>
> you’re saying slayer pro has radar now?

It’s had a Radar for 3-4 weeks, it’s no longer called Pro, just “BigTeam Slayer” In that case I’m assuming most people still think there’s no radar still…

Download the game types and map variants from BTB.net file share. They have some decent Big Team legendary type maps. They have AAs as pickups though.

> > > It already exists, other than the fact that you can Choose which Utility weapon you want to use and there was weapon markers, it’s called Big Team Slayer and has been there for a while. It’s no longer “Pro” because they added the Radar to it…
> >
> > you’re saying slayer pro has radar now?
>
> It’s had a Radar for 3-4 weeks, it’s no longer called Pro, just “BigTeam Slayer” In that case I’m assuming most people still think there’s no radar still…

Actually I never play BTB it was always camping fest… but good to know, but on 4v4 slayer it still has no radar right?

> It already exists, other than the fact that you can Choose which Utility weapon you want to use and there are weapon markers, it’s called Big Team Slayer and has been there for a while. It’s no longer “Pro” because they added the Radar to it…

You know you don’t have custom loadouts in Legendary Slayer right?

Yes please, I’d love to play some actual BTB for a change.

I actually agree with OP. however if Magnums should ever be a secondary, Id welcome it. The playlist is by far my favorite when it comes to Slayer game modes, because i hate ordnance, instant respawns, and the spawning is atrocious due to IR sp people spawn randomly and everywhere. We really should have a 4v4 and down the road an 8v8 of Legendary Slayer with Objective integrated in. These settings are beyond amazing. Great job 343.

So, which Halo 4 maps should make it in? And what should the spawning weapon/s be?

I would go with:
Ragnarok, Exile, Harvest, Settler, Longbow, Complex, Perdition, Daybreak, Outcast and Verigo
… and DMR/magnum spawns for the larger, more open maps (because the BR is a bit overpowered and the DMR ould actually be useful here without being too OP).

Do BR-Magnum, unless you want to be repeatedly crossmapped. :frowning:

> Do BR-Magnum, unless you want to be repeatedly crossmapped. :frowning:

Not many Halo 4 maps are wide enough to allow crossmapping. Ragnarok has the center hill which blocks everything, Exile and Outcast are both more focused on mid to close range combat because of loads of cover and canyon splits, and Complex has more than enough structures to take cover in. I can’t think of one Halo 4 map that would make the DMR a liability.

The BR on the other hand is by far the most powerful starting weapon in the game and it promotes one-gun gameplay (which beats the whole purpose of Legendary gametypes). The DMR would be a useful weapon that people won’t rush to switch or keep forever, and that’s why it fits best.

Settler, Longbow (To An Extent), Ragnarok (To An Extent, Complex (Blue Side)

Besides, it’s meant to be like Halo 3, hence the Halo-3 esque sandbox. The DMR would slow map movement and wouldn’t fit.

If there is going to be Legendary BTB, spawning with a precision weapon is the best idea. DMR/Ar starts anyone?

> If there is going to be Legendary BTB, spawning with a precision weapon is the best idea. <mark>DMR/Ar starts anyone?</mark>

Actually yeah, that sounds pretty good, the DMR is balanced well now imo