Legendary Bosses Complaint

I love Warzone. However, one issue I have is with the legendary bosses. Now, I’ve only played three games so far, so I don’t quite know how it works, but it seems whichever team kills the boss, they get the points even if it’s just one guy who swoops in with a power weapon regardless if the other team did the vast majority of the damage. That may be technically realistic, but for gameplay it’s rather unfair. Yes, it gives a chance to recover, but if one team holds 2/3 objectives, does the majority of the damage to the legendary boss, but loses because the other team got a minute amount of damage at the last second, it doesn’t seem very reasonable. Am I mistaken? Does anyone agree? How does it work?

I agree, the amount of times we’ve had a Warden Eternal surrounded with Wraiths and Scorpions just for it to be ninja railgunned away resulting in a loss is just plain boring

> 2535423845871202;2:
> I agree, the amount of times we’ve had a Warden Eternal surrounded with Wraiths and Scorpions just for it to be ninja railgunned away resulting in a loss is just plain boring

I think a good remedy would be if you get rewarded with bits of the 150 points as you damage them, and a small bonus for the kill. That way both teams still have incentive to continue fighting him, but the team that did more work gets more rewarded.

I think that an assist will do, it’s like a normal player kill even if you do 99% of the damage the one that makes the kill shot gets the kill and you get an assist. For now I’m happy with it, more chances for the loosing team and if they’re not playing as a team the winning team wins with the kill.

> 2533274806229849;4:
> I think that an assist will do, it’s like a normal player kill even if you do 99% of the damage the one that makes the kill shot gets the kill and you get an assist. For now I’m happy with it, more chances for the loosing team and if they’re not playing as a team the winning team wins with the kill.

True, it does allow for more comebacks, keeping it interesting. However, it’s equally annoying when your team is losing and making good damage l, and and at the laaaaast second the other team gets that 1%.

> 2533274861878751;5:
> > 2533274806229849;4:
> > I think that an assist will do, it’s like a normal player kill even if you do 99% of the damage the one that makes the kill shot gets the kill and you get an assist. For now I’m happy with it, more chances for the loosing team and if they’re not playing as a team the winning team wins with the kill.
>
>
> True, it does allow for more comebacks, keeping it interesting. However, it’s equally annoying when your team is losing and making good damage l, and and at the laaaaast second the other team gets that 1%.

maybe a good way to prevent others to just snipe the boss to take the kills they should add like a zone to do damage and those outside the zone can’t do damage but then again it could also mean a lot of players running to him… maybe work around the idea?

That would be better than the current system.

Oh wow, I have not touched the multiplayer yet really (aside from jumping into swat for the November 7th req pack deadline), but it sounds like an incredibly frustrating experience. Guess Bungie won’t be the only ones patching their game over and over.

It allows for comebacks but I know what you mean

> 2533274861878751;1:
> I love Warzone. However, one issue I have is with the legendary bosses. Now, I’ve only played three games so far, so I don’t quite know how it works, but it seems whichever team kills the boss, they get the points even if it’s just one guy who swoops in with a power weapon regardless if the other team did the vast majority of the damage. That may be technically realistic, but for gameplay it’s rather unfair. Yes, it gives a chance to recover, but if one team holds 2/3 objectives, does the majority of the damage to the legendary boss, but loses because the other team got a minute amount of damage at the last second, it doesn’t seem very reasonable. Am I mistaken? Does anyone agree? How does it work?

I agree with the OP.

> 2533274861878751;3:
> > 2535423845871202;2:
> > I agree, the amount of times we’ve had a Warden Eternal surrounded with Wraiths and Scorpions just for it to be ninja railgunned away resulting in a loss is just plain boring
>
>
> I think a good remedy would be if you get rewarded with bits of the 150 points as you damage them, and a small bonus for the kill. That way both teams still have incentive to continue fighting him, but the team that did more work gets more rewarded.

This is a good solution imo.

I think a solution to the problem is the team is getting points for damaging the boss and a bonus for killing it.

Good because I also think its not fair at all and a waste of time. It should be the team do the most damage gets the reward and the final kill gets a small bonus but nothing big. Champion is worth 125 points and my team did the work then we should get that but if another team kills him with the final shot then give them 25 points.

It’s a good thing because it allows teams to get back into the game. Maybe you should peel off a guy or two to hunt for hostiles taking pot shots, or have a team that isn’t comprised of power vehicles. Like, what’s the point of having 10 tanks?

I’ve played a ton of warzone and I agree. I don’t think the bosses should be worth as much points. Especially on the snow map where you have to kill the legendary to capture fortress. That guy can be killed with 2 grenades and gives a strong early game lead.

> 2533274796178318;13:
> It’s a good thing because it allows teams to get back into the game. Maybe you should peel off a guy or two to hunt for hostiles taking pot shots, or have a team that isn’t comprised of power vehicles. Like, what’s the point of having 10 tanks?

But what if you are that team trying to get back into the game and one Spartan from afar steals the kill with a longhsot?

> 2661949065475413;14:
> I’ve played a ton of warzone and I agree. I don’t think the bosses should be worth as much points. Especially on the snow map where you have to kill the legendary to capture fortress. That guy can be killed with 2 grenades and gives a strong early game lead.

I generally dislike that map. It’s too easy to control the fortress, no challenge.

I think you need to learn more about Warzone

> 2533274858572140;17:
> I think you need to learn more about Warzone

Please teach me.

It’s rather annoying if someone does fire one bullet and get the kill for the enemy team.

But because of this my friends and I DPS the boss down to about 15% health, look around for enemys, kill them as required, and then burst the boss down really fast so they don’t stand a chance of getting the kill. Usually works pretty well.

> 2533274858572140;17:
> I think you need to learn more about Warzone

Actually nvm I’ve played nearly double more warzone than you and have a higher win rate.