Legendary Armor

Since we are getting legendary weapons in MP I’m proposing we should be able to unlock legendary armor sets! Why? Since reach we’ve been flooded with armor, and arguably halo 4. But IMO it was very easy to get the armor through CR. Halo 3 gave us very quality (not quantity) armor sets but only a few. 343i should combine the two ways. I’ll explain. In MP they should give us many “easy” armor pieces to acquire, through reaching ranks and simple achievements. The legendary armor would be unlocked through vidmaster like achievements.

Examples.
Fred Vidmaster Achievement- unlocks you Fred complete armor set. Shoulders, Helmet, Chest piece ect.
Linda Vidmaster Achievement- unlocks you Linda’s armor shoulders helmet, Chest piece, ect.
Kelly Vidmaster Achievement- unlocks you Kelly’s compete armor set. Shoulders, helmet, Chest piece, ect.
John Vidmaster Achievement- unlocks you Johns shoulders, and chest piece.
Locke Vidmaster Achievement- unlocks you Locke’s shoulders, and chest piece.
//notice how for John and Locke the armor is only for the shoulders and chest piece not the helemt to keep that specialness for them. Also the same vidmaster achievements for locke’s spartan squad as well.

Also elite legendary sets if they are to be included which I really hope they are! What do you guys think? How do you want armor implimented in Halo 5?

I agreed. That would be cool. The elite legendary armor should be the Arbiter armor. I think the armor should be unlock while playing the campaign.

A great idea to be sure. Armor should be unlocked in more ways than just leveling up or completing commendations. Additionally, the inclusion of armor sets that carry more value and are more difficult to unlock (such as the Halo 3 Recon) is something I would very much like to see return.

> 2535465515137096;2:
> I agreed. That would be cool. The elite legendary armor should be the Arbiter armor. I think the armor should be unlock while playing the campaign.

Minus the Thel helmet or shoulders (since they are so iconic espesh in halo 5 it seems) and I’d agree, I thought in Halo 4 how you could unlock Johns armor pre-cortana reconfiguration was a brilliant idea it made Johns armor feel more special I’m starting to think for John and Locke you shouldn’t even be able to unlock any of their armor maybe just shoulders.

> 2533274875324729;3:
> A great idea to be sure. Armor should be unlocked in more ways than just leveling up or completing commendations. Additionally, the inclusion of armor sets that carry more value and are more difficult to unlock (such as the Halo 3 Recon) is something I would very much like to see return.

Exactly. I remember how fun it was getting the vidmasters and having recon with my friends great times!

Legendary Armor? Not a bad idea…

Anything to bring back Vidmasters.

Maybey chiefs armor in (halo4campain)

This Is a good idea but I still want credits. Maybe they could do vid master achievements to unlock story character armors but still have a legendary set as the most credit expensive one in the game, with no relation to story protagonists, just looks cool.

Yes I like this idea…
But I really want the legendary armor to be Mjolnir Mk IV PLEASE

They should definitely bring back achievement /challenge armour but still keep credit/rank armour

Hasn’t it been confirmed that you can only customize helmet and body armor?

I’m loving some of these ideas I’m finding today! Yes, legendary armors would be a very pleasant addition to H5. Love the unlocking procedure, too. A well thought out idea.

Though, hopefully, it won’t really apply to me. I’m trying to get that sweet, sweet Helioskrill. Just have a couple more H3 missions, all of H4, and like one or two more H2 missions. I’m 76% done.

They need more armors that are unlocked through long, difficult quests like this and recon! Both of these are so much fun and wearing the armor will feel so freaking awesome lol.

> 2533274803493024;12:
> I’m loving some of these ideas I’m finding today! Yes, legendary armors would be a very pleasant addition to H5. Love the unlocking procedure, too. A well thought out idea.
>
> Though, hopefully, it won’t really apply to me. I’m trying to get that sweet, sweet Helioskrill. Just have a couple more H3 missions, all of H4, and like one or two more H2 missions. I’m 76% done.
>
> They need more armors that are unlocked through long, difficult quests like this and recon! Both of these are so much fun and wearing the armor will feel so freaking awesome lol.

Agreed…I just hope they aren’t in sets and i can still customize everything…

> 2533274830733064;13:
> > 2533274803493024;12:
> > I’m loving some of these ideas I’m finding today! Yes, legendary armors would be a very pleasant addition to H5. Love the unlocking procedure, too. A well thought out idea.
> >
> > Though, hopefully, it won’t really apply to me. I’m trying to get that sweet, sweet Helioskrill. Just have a couple more H3 missions, all of H4, and like one or two more H2 missions. I’m 76% done.
> >
> > They need more armors that are unlocked through long, difficult quests like this and recon! Both of these are so much fun and wearing the armor will feel so freaking awesome lol.
>
>
> Agreed…I just hope they aren’t in sets and i can still customize everything…

Sorry…

I agree with you in concept, but not necessarily in the application you’ve proposed. It would be neat to have “legendary” armor sets linked to difficult achievements. I’m always supportive of multiplayer rewards for doing hard stuff in the campaign; I think it helps blend the whole experience instead of isolating matchmaking.

> 2533274883108544;9:
> Yes I like this idea…
> But I really want the legendary armor to be Mjolnir Mk IV PLEASE

Yes!! I would love it to be the Mk IV too!

> 2533274964465607;14:
> > 2533274830733064;13:
> > > 2533274803493024;12:
> > > I’m loving some of these ideas I’m finding today! Yes, legendary armors would be a very pleasant addition to H5. Love the unlocking procedure, too. A well thought out idea.
> > >
> > > Though, hopefully, it won’t really apply to me. I’m trying to get that sweet, sweet Helioskrill. Just have a couple more H3 missions, all of H4, and like one or two more H2 missions. I’m 76% done.
> > >
> > > They need more armors that are unlocked through long, difficult quests like this and recon! Both of these are so much fun and wearing the armor will feel so freaking awesome lol.
> >
> >
> > Agreed…I just hope they aren’t in sets and i can still customize everything…
>
>
> Sorry…
>
> https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/532768205715304448
>
> https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/549728159935913984

Yea, I remeber reading that… I was hoping that was just for the beta since it was back in Nov…that would suck if it stays though…

I really hope this comes back flaming helmet

> 2533274964465607;14:
> > 2533274830733064;13:
> > > 2533274803493024;12:
> > > I’m loving some of these ideas I’m finding today! Yes, legendary armors would be a very pleasant addition to H5. Love the unlocking procedure, too. A well thought out idea.
> > >
> > > Though, hopefully, it won’t really apply to me. I’m trying to get that sweet, sweet Helioskrill. Just have a couple more H3 missions, all of H4, and like one or two more H2 missions. I’m 76% done.
> > >
> > > They need more armors that are unlocked through long, difficult quests like this and recon! Both of these are so much fun and wearing the armor will feel so freaking awesome lol.
> >
> >
> > Agreed…I just hope they aren’t in sets and i can still customize everything…
>
>
> Sorry…
>
> https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/532768205715304448
>
> https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/549728159935913984

Wasn’t that only for the beta though.

This would be great, but the vidmasters would have to be done right. Difficult to do, but achievable enough for most people and entertaining to complete.

The Endure Vidmaster may very well be my favorite gaming experience ever.

Sounds like it was. Honestly, downgrading the system from Halo Reach’s, hell from Halo 4’s even would be -Yoink- backwards and totally counter intuitive to “showing the power of the Xbox One”