Legacy Service Record Not Syncing

I noticed when me and a friend of mine were trying to clear out all of the Legacy Halos on Legendary, Halo 3: ODST did not update its Co-Op Completion progress on Waypoint. This occurred on 4/11/2021. So, naturally, I told him to stop while we are ahead and that we don’t somehow lock ourselves out of a potential force-sync. We’re at Kikiowani Station, which should be 8/10 as we have already done Coastal Highway for Deju Vu, which only leaves us with two more missions; Kikiwani and Date Hive. And yet when I go to my profile on waypoint, it still shows up as 1/10 (that 1/10 being Deja Vu, we did it a little while back, before they announced the servers going offline). So then I try and see what other Legacy Titles are also not syncing, since previously in the same week, CEA was working just fine. Progress was tracking. I checked Spartan Assault for the 360 and it synced, I checked Halo 4 and it synced. But when we went to Reach and Halo 3; no dice. So from what I can gather, its really only affecting the elder titles, the Bungie ones as a whole. As I look at recent forums, I wonder if it has to do with that Halo Reach - Unavailable Server post? I can host Co-Op Missions just fine, but that is peer-to-peer, but I suppose the new data would have to touch the Games’ respective servers before they are available in Waypoint. I should also note that when I try to refresh H3, ODST, or Reach, sometimes Waypoint will give me the “PROBLEM DETECTED. Well, this is embarrassing. Looks like we have some problems on our end.” With the Red Mark VI sticking the other Red Team Member. But if I refresh the page again, it goes back to displaying the service record. This didn’t happen whatsoever in CEA, Spartan Assault, nor H4. Does this mean that the Waypoint team or whoever needs to look at this is aware of the issue?

So in short, progress is not syncing for:

• Halo 3 - Halo 3: ODST - Halo: ReachAnd it may be because the servers are getting Ddos’d or whatever’s going down there

I don’t believe it is a Gamertag change kinda issue, as I haven’t changed that since 11/28/2020 (+ it doesn’t say I’ve never played it. It says I’ve played it, just not enough of all that I have played), and even then I technically did not change it to anything new, only updated the casing, which Xbox doesn’t recognize as a different character. So, I had to change my current Gamertag to a placeholder one and go back to the original one, now with the correct casing, but I digress. I’ve tried multiple times to play a mission in ODST to get it to sync, but to no avail.

I’ve looked around at a few of my friends who unlocked achievements and made progress in 2021, and it does not display the correct stats for them either. These players unlocked them around February-Marchish. Some of them have beat Reach Solo Legendary, but it still says they have only completed it on Heroic, some have completed Deja Vu, and their Co-Op Progress is still at 0/10, etc. So it may be an unrelated issue to the servers being down temporarily. (As a side note, it says they’ve unlocked the achievement and the dates right, but obviously if you complete Reach Solo Legendary, your progress should be Legendary for solo completion right? Well it doesn’t show that for them)

I hope this gets fixed fairly soon and we can get back on the hunt. Let me know whether I should just redirect this to the Unavailable Server post or whether I should slap this in the Legacy Support category instead. Thank you for your time and take care.

> 2535424560534945;1:
> I noticed when me and a friend of mine were trying to clear out all of the Legacy Halos on Legendary, Halo 3: ODST did not update its Co-Op Completion progress on Waypoint. This occurred on 4/11/2021. So, naturally, I told him to stop while we are ahead and that we don’t somehow lock ourselves out of a potential force-sync. We’re at Kikiowani Station, which should be 8/10 as we have already done Coastal Highway for Deju Vu, which only leaves us with two more missions; Kikiwani and Date Hive. And yet when I go to my profile on waypoint, it still shows up as 1/10 (that 1/10 being Deja Vu, we did it a little while back, before they announced the servers going offline). So then I try and see what other Legacy Titles are also not syncing, since previously in the same week, CEA was working just fine. Progress was tracking. I checked Spartan Assault for the 360 and it synced, I checked Halo 4 and it synced. But when we went to Reach and Halo 3; no dice. So from what I can gather, its really only affecting the elder titles, the Bungie ones as a whole. As I look at recent forums, I wonder if it has to do with that Halo Reach - Unavailable Server post? I can host Co-Op Missions just fine, but that is peer-to-peer, but I suppose the new data would have to touch the Games’ respective servers before they are available in Waypoint. I should also note that when I try to refresh H3, ODST, or Reach, sometimes Waypoint will give me the “PROBLEM DETECTED. Well, this is embarrassing. Looks like we have some problems on our end.” With the Red Mark VI sticking the other Red Team Member. But if I refresh the page again, it goes back to displaying the service record. This didn’t happen whatsoever in CEA, Spartan Assault, nor H4. Does this mean that the Waypoint team or whoever needs to look at this is aware of the issue?
>
> So in short, progress is not syncing for:
> - Halo 3 - Halo 3: ODST - Halo: ReachAnd it may be because the servers are getting Ddos’d or whatever’s going down there
>
> I don’t believe it is a Gamertag change kinda issue, as I haven’t changed that since 11/28/2020 (+ it doesn’t say I’ve never played it. It says I’ve played it, just not enough of all that I have played), and even then I technically did not change it to anything new, only updated the casing, which Xbox doesn’t recognize as a different character. So, I had to change my current Gamertag to a placeholder one and go back to the original one, now with the correct casing, but I digress. I’ve tried multiple times to play a mission in ODST to get it to sync, but to no avail.
>
> I’ve looked around at a few of my friends who unlocked achievements and made progress in 2021, and it does not display the correct stats for them either. These players unlocked them around February-Marchish. Some of them have beat Reach Solo Legendary, but it still says they have only completed it on Heroic, some have completed Deja Vu, and their Co-Op Progress is still at 0/10, etc. So it may be an unrelated issue to the servers being down temporarily. (As a side note, it says they’ve unlocked the achievement and the dates right, but obviously if you complete Reach Solo Legendary, your progress should be Legendary for solo completion right? Well it doesn’t show that for them)
>
> I hope this gets fixed fairly soon and we can get back on the hunt. Let me know whether I should just redirect this to the Unavailable Server post or whether I should slap this in the Legacy Support category instead. Thank you for your time and take care.

At the moment, my OG H3 on Waypoint says I’ve only completed the game solo on Heroic.

Do you mean to say if I go back and complete it solo Legendary now - it won’t update?

I’d like to know, because I want that stat to show before the online services are shut down for good.

( I wonder if this has some tie-in to the fact that Bungie took down their old site in February this year? )

For the time being, it won’t update. I’m hoping 343 drop a shadow fix out the blue someday before the servers are beheaded, but as of now, H3, ODST, and Reach do not sync. I don’t think it has to do with the Bungie Site being taking down but you could be on to something possibly. All we can do is hope for a fix

yeah same here, no syncing on 3 or the others

Yea, it’s been heartbreaking. Finally increased my Halo 3 skill to 50 and am on my way up the ranks to be general very soon; would love to be able to show that off before the sunset but it is uncertain.

It’s definitely not a GT issue or anything malicious but the servers are aging. Apparently there is also a big Waypoint update and app planned for the future, hopefully around that time the service records will start syncing again.

Lets hope so, the 360 Service Records refuse to even load now, but I take that as a sign of them making really big (hopefully positive!) changes, since I’d reckon in order to spruce up the place and update it you might have to offline it for a bit and then they make the changes and everything will start to sync once more

The same goes with me for 3 and ODST but you could still get avatar awards for ODST and Reach if you have waypoint downloaded on your console. Just finish those achievements and open waypoint from my games tab on your console’s when you are online.

Yup, same here. cannot get H3, ODST and Reach to sync even though I have 100% completion and Gamerscore. Waypoint says that I have not played the game.

I hope that devs or mods can shine some light on this issue and let us know if there is a fix planned or if they are aware.

same here guys, send help !

If you are an insider may be you can send this feedback directly to 343 industries. I enlisted for it and it says that I can give them feedback about their products. I am thinking of doing this and maybe this could resolve the topic

Halo 3, ODST and Reach are not updating for me as well. Waypoint says I have never played them.

> 2533274810989728;11:
> Halo 3, ODST and Reach are not updating for me as well. Waypoint says I have never played them.

Just commenting to say that the exact same games aren’t updating for me.

Interestingly, my Halo 4 and CE: Anniversary stats were already updated on my profile following my Gamertag change (towards the end of last year), even without playing either of the two games for years.

> 2533274836660161;12:
> > 2533274810989728;11:
> > Halo 3, ODST and Reach are not updating for me as well. Waypoint says I have never played them.
>
> Just commenting to say that the exact same games aren’t updating for me.
>
> Interestingly, my Halo 4 and CE: Anniversary stats were already updated on my profile following my Gamertag change (towards the end of last year), even without playing either of the two games for years.

My records for those two games had updated as well, though funny enough it seems my HCEA stat is incorrect for the singleplayer campaign. I recall doing Heroic or Legendary yet it’s on normal. But co-op is completed on Legendary and I never finished co-op.

> 2533274836660161;12:
> > 2533274810989728;11:
> > Halo 3, ODST and Reach are not updating for me as well. Waypoint says I have never played them.
>
> Just commenting to say that the exact same games aren’t updating for me.
>
> Interestingly, my Halo 4 and CE: Anniversary stats were already updated on my profile following my Gamertag change (towards the end of last year), even without playing either of the two games for years.

3, ODST and Reach were made for bungie.net and we are using halo waypoint. H4 and CEA are 343 games and were designed for halo waypoint. Many people are saying that since bungie.net was shut down stats for these 3 games stopped to sync on waypoint

> 2535448423579977;14:
> > 2533274836660161;12:
> > > 2533274810989728;11:
> > > Halo 3, ODST and Reach are not updating for me as well. Waypoint says I have never played them.
> >
> > Just commenting to say that the exact same games aren’t updating for me.
> >
> > Interestingly, my Halo 4 and CE: Anniversary stats were already updated on my profile following my Gamertag change (towards the end of last year), even without playing either of the two games for years.
>
> 3, ODST and Reach were made for bungie.net and we are using halo waypoint. H4 and CEA are 343 games and were designed for halo waypoint. Many people are saying that since bungie.net was shut down stats for these 3 games stopped to sync on waypoint

If that’s really the case, then we’re hooped.
How unfortunate.

I really hope that 343 can offer some help or clarify the issue.

As over on the stickied thread, I contacted support and they gave this response. Please file a ticket and reference this thread and hopefully the developers will look into it.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/8f4648981f554a9d86527a5754966e89/topics/legacy-stats-not-updating-on-waypoint/ccfffa7a-457c-432a-9b4a-6b885effef2d/posts?page=2#post40

ODST updated my solo campaign progress today I think, or the past few days.

I played the campaign on legendary on the 360 when it launched, but never finished it until I was on the X1 last year. It always showed normal, even after beating it on the X1. I played through the whole campaign from start to finish this past weekend on the X1 again, but it took until the middle of this week to update.

I also didn’t have time to do a complete playthrough in one day, I had to do most of it the first day, and finished it the next day. The next day, Waypoint still wasn’t updated, so I launched the game on the 360 and started to play it legendary on there again, but the 360 controller just sucks. I couldn’t do it.

I did choose the cloud save option on the 360, like I did for a few other games, to make them sync again. I think my issue was not beating it from start to finish on one console and not two, or at least it seems.

I’m gonna do it coop here soon, either with my idle 360 and X1, or with help from someone. I’ll try to remember to come here and let you know if it syncs.

> 2533274814505182;18:
> ODST updated my solo campaign progress today I think, or the past few days.
>
> I played the campaign on legendary on the 360 when it launched, but never finished it until I was on the X1 last year. It always showed normal, even after beating it on the X1. I played through the whole campaign from start to finish this past weekend on the X1 again, but it took until the middle of this week to update.
>
> I also didn’t have time to do a complete playthrough in one day, I had to do most of it the first day, and finished it the next day. The next day, Waypoint still wasn’t updated, so I launched the game on the 360 and started to play it legendary on there again, but the 360 controller just sucks. I couldn’t do it.
>
> I did choose the cloud save option on the 360, like I did for a few other games, to make them sync again. I think my issue was not beating it from start to finish on one console and not two, or at least it seems.
>
> I’m gonna do it coop here soon, either with my idle 360 and X1, or with help from someone. I’ll try to remember to come here and let you know if it syncs.

Coles notes version:
-You had completed it solo awhile ago, but on mixed consoles - it never updated.
-You now completed it solo again, on X1. This didn’t update.
-You loaded your cloud save on 360 to sync - and now it shows on waypoint?

Is this correct?

> 2766496913967593;19:
> > 2533274814505182;18:
> > ODST updated my solo campaign progress today I think, or the past few days.
> >
> > I played the campaign on legendary on the 360 when it launched, but never finished it until I was on the X1 last year. It always showed normal, even after beating it on the X1. I played through the whole campaign from start to finish this past weekend on the X1 again, but it took until the middle of this week to update.
> >
> > I also didn’t have time to do a complete playthrough in one day, I had to do most of it the first day, and finished it the next day. The next day, Waypoint still wasn’t updated, so I launched the game on the 360 and started to play it legendary on there again, but the 360 controller just sucks. I couldn’t do it.
> >
> > I did choose the cloud save option on the 360, like I did for a few other games, to make them sync again. I think my issue was not beating it from start to finish on one console and not two, or at least it seems.
> >
> > I’m gonna do it coop here soon, either with my idle 360 and X1, or with help from someone. I’ll try to remember to come here and let you know if it syncs.
>
> Coles notes version:
> -You had completed it solo awhile ago, but on mixed consoles - it never updated.
> -You now completed it solo again, on X1. This didn’t update.
> -You loaded your cloud save on 360 to sync - and now it shows on waypoint?
>
> Is this correct?

I loaded the cloud save on the 360 as soon as I finished beating it on X1, but it didn’t update on Waypoint until either today or a few days ago.

Idk what actually made it sync, but it took a few days, I haven’t loaded the game since I beat it over the weekend.