Legacy Rewards

So aside from the other controversial tid bits in the new community update, something I think we can all enjoy that was brought up is the prospect of Legacy Rewards.

Now sure the grind to Max Rank in Halo 5 is a bit of a climb but wouldn’t it be nice of there were certain Legacy Rewards that were a bit more obtainable? Since Halo Infinite aims to be the platform of Halo for the next 10 years I think it fitting that all of fans be rewarded for their service to the Halo community by being rewarded in this finale.

What I had in mind, aside from obviously having rewards for each of the Halo game you achieved max rank in, was rewards for either having completed a previous Halo Titles achievements and for having them registered to your service record.

So I wanted to create this thread to see what some of your ideas might be for Legacy Rewards in Halo Infinite.

I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.

It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
>
> It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.

True but I wasn’t thinking anything very permanent or that would be unobtainable. Just recognition for accomplishments in prior instillations to the franchise. Something along the lines of a special skin emblem or “coating” and seeing as they are already associating these cosmetics with paid promotions I fail to see the problem.

I agree that armor pieces and things akin to requisitions (assuming anything of the sort is in Infinite multiplayer) shouldn’t be locked behind these legacy walls but a little badge for your nameplate in matchmaking isn’t going to hurt the community.

If they do include Legacy Rewards for games long in the past I would think that they would limit it to 100% completion of achievements for games. Since all of the servers are still up and communities like this site and TrueAchievment exist it’s still possible even to obtain all of the multiplayer Achievements for all the games.

> 2533274839338166;1:
> So aside from the other controversial tid bits in the new community update, something I think we can all enjoy that was brought up is the prospect of Legacy Rewards.
>
> Now sure the grind to Max Rank in Halo 5 is a bit of a climb but wouldn’t it be nice of there were certain Legacy Rewards that were a bit more obtainable? Since Halo Infinite aims to be the platform of Halo for the next 10 years I think it fitting that all of fans be rewarded for their service to the Halo community by being rewarded in this finale.
>
> What I had in mind, aside from obviously having rewards for each of the Halo game you achieved max rank in, was rewards for either having completed a previous Halo Titles achievements and for having them registered to your service record.
>
> So I wanted to create this thread to see what some of your ideas might be for Legacy Rewards in Halo Infinite.

I wouldn’t mind achievements from the MCC to unlock certain armour shades( or whatever it’s called) and other little things .
That would be a nice nod to the fans.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
>
> It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.

i think a battlefield type system would be cool, where you just need to own i believe 3 previous titles and you’ll get Battlefield Veteran items. (the 3 previous titles could be bought at any time)

I like the idea of the in game service record having some kind of permanent icon for each of the previous games you played x number of matches in. It would allow players who have been with the series for a long time to have a bit of recognition. Aside from H2, all the online games are still available to play, so new players could get most of the badges if they wanted to go spend some time in the old games.

> 2533274803493024;2:
>

I’d rather reward people who’ve stuck with the franchise, than those who bought some chips ahoy or went to gamestop between a certain time span.

> 2533274964189700;7:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
> >
> > It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.
>
> I’d rather reward people who’ve stuck with the franchise, than those who bought some chips ahoy or went to gamestop between a certain time span.

That’s fair, but also they’re not mutually exclusive. It’s quite possible to have both so choosing one over the other seems illogical to me.

> 2533274979619629;5:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
> >
> > It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.
>
> i think a battlefield type system would be cool, where you just need to own i believe 3 previous titles and you’ll get Battlefield Veteran items. (the 3 previous titles could be bought at any time)

So you want a microtransaction that requires 3 purchases instead of 1?

> 2533274803493024;2:
>

I’d think 343 wouldnt make any legacy rewards that couldnt be obtained just by putting in work. Every halo game is on MCC, besides H5. And all have online achievements now.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274964189700;7:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> >
>
> I’d rather reward people who’ve stuck with the franchise, than those who bought some chips ahoy or went to gamestop between a certain time span.

Amen.

> 2533274839338166;1:
> So aside from the other controversial tid bits in the new community update, something I think we can all enjoy that was brought up is the prospect of Legacy Rewards.
>
> Now sure the grind to Max Rank in Halo 5 is a bit of a climb but wouldn’t it be nice of there were certain Legacy Rewards that were a bit more obtainable? Since Halo Infinite aims to be the platform of Halo for the next 10 years I think it fitting that all of fans be rewarded for their service to the Halo community by being rewarded in this finale.
>
> What I had in mind, aside from obviously having rewards for each of the Halo game you achieved max rank in, was rewards for either having completed a previous Halo Titles achievements and for having them registered to your service record.
>
> So I wanted to create this thread to see what some of your ideas might be for Legacy Rewards in Halo Infinite.

The only legacy rewards I see happening are for Halo 5 and MCC. I don’t see any need for 343 to reward players for something they did back in Halo 3, for example. Having flexing rights back then should be enough for many people. I’m biased though, since I didn’t heavily play Halo 3, Reach or 4. Assuming they keep supporting MCC, and can definitely see people getting rewarded for certain actions on there. On an unrelated note, you guys know that Halo Infinite helmet that was found in the Halo 4 files? What if you get that helmet in Halo 4 by buying Halo Infinite? I could get down with that.

> 2533274803493024;8:
> > 2533274964189700;7:
> > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
> > >
> > > It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.
> >
> > I’d rather reward people who’ve stuck with the franchise, than those who bought some chips ahoy or went to gamestop between a certain time span.
>
> That’s fair, but also they’re not mutually exclusive. It’s quite possible to have both so choosing one over the other seems illogical to me.
>
>
> > 2533274979619629;5:
> > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
> > >
> > > It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.
> >
> > i think a battlefield type system would be cool, where you just need to own i believe 3 previous titles and you’ll get Battlefield Veteran items. (the 3 previous titles could be bought at any time)
>
> So you want a microtransaction that requires 3 purchases instead of 1?

Well… they’re more of major transactions

> 2533274979619629;12:
> > 2533274803493024;8:
> > > 2533274964189700;7:
> > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
> > > >
> > > > It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.
> > >
> > > I’d rather reward people who’ve stuck with the franchise, than those who bought some chips ahoy or went to gamestop between a certain time span.
> >
> > That’s fair, but also they’re not mutually exclusive. It’s quite possible to have both so choosing one over the other seems illogical to me.
> >
> >
> > > 2533274979619629;5:
> > > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > I’m of the mind that games are their own reward, and superficial rewards for what we do in leisure time isn’t necessary.
> > > >
> > > > It also feels a bit gatekeep-y since many fans may not have even been born yet. Keeping content away from people that couldn’t have gotten them always feels icky.
> > >
> > > i think a battlefield type system would be cool, where you just need to own i believe 3 previous titles and you’ll get Battlefield Veteran items. (the 3 previous titles could be bought at any time)
> >
> > So you want a microtransaction that requires 3 purchases instead of 1?
>
> Well… they’re more of major transactions

It’s also the whole point of a Legacy Reward. It rewards you for your legacy in the series.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274803493024;2:
>

If you haven’t played and completed halo 1-Reach on legendary before 1999. You aren’t allowed to play infinite. STICK TO FORTNITE.

Unyszek during live stream today - One of the comments asked if he was at 144 would he have enough time to reach 152 - “it’ll be really tough but best of luck to you, it’ll be worth it.”

take it for what its worth

Honestly the best Legacy reward I could think of for each individual Halo game is to unlock the main character’s armor from that game in multiplayer.

Halo CE - Mark V
Halo 2 - Helioskrill (Picked to represent the Arbiter, as Mark VI appeared in Halo 3 as well and would be redundant here)
Halo 3 - Mark VI
Halo Wars - Mark IV (Picked because Forge doesn’t really have a full set of definable armor, while the Spartans do)
Halo 3: ODST - ODST
Halo Reach - Mark V(b)
Halo 4 - Recruit (Picked to give MCC it’s own reward. As the default multiplayer armor in Halo 4/5 it has weight as a reward)
Halo Spartan Assault - Scout
Halo MCC - Mark VI MOD
Halo Spartan Strike - Warmaster
Halo 5 - Hunter
Halo Fireteam Raven - Nightfall (Picked because it more strongly resembles the ODSTs in Fireteam Raven and Halo 2 than it does the ODST sets from Halo 3/ODST/Reach)

If Elites are playable, which I highly doubt, replacing Helioskrill with an actual Halo 2 inspired Arbiter armor set for them would be even better.

Also, I honestly think it would be better to have iconic armor like these locked behind legacy rewards than through normal gameplay. It makes them feel more special, like the legacy Tunics in Breath of the Wild that require Amiibo to unlock.

> 2533274810177460;16:
> Honestly the best Legacy reward I could think of for each individual Halo game is to unlock the main character’s armor from that game in multiplayer.
>
> Halo CE - Mark V
> Halo 2 - Helioskrill (Picked to represent the Arbiter, as Mark VI appeared in Halo 3 as well and would be redundant here)
> Halo 3 - Mark VI
> Halo Wars - Mark IV (Picked because Forge doesn’t really have a full set of definable armor, while the Spartans do)
> Halo 3: ODST - ODST
> Halo Reach - Mark V(b)Halo 4 - Recruit (Picked to give MCC it’s own reward. As the default multiplayer armor in Halo 4/5 it has weight as a reward)
> Halo Spartan Assault - Scout
> Halo MCC - Mark VI MOD
> Halo Spartan Strike - Warmaster
> Halo 5 - Hunter
> Halo Fireteam Raven - Nightfall (Picked because it more strongly resembles the ODSTs in Fireteam Raven and Halo 2 than it does the ODST sets from Halo 3/ODST/Reach)
>
> If Elites are playable, which I highly doubt, replacing Helioskrill with an actual Halo 2 inspired Arbiter armor set for them would be even better.
>
> Also, I honestly think it would be better to have iconic armor like these locked behind legacy rewards than through normal gameplay. It makes them feel more special, like the legacy Tunics in Breath of the Wild that require Amiibo to unlock.

These are all great ideas but I wouldn’t want base armor pieces locked behind a wall of having to play an entire game just to get one piece of armor.

What about special variants of the armor piece? And I don’t mean how Halo 5 did variants where there was just a slightly different pattern of color on the armor. I mean something long the lines of how Reach had Variant armor pieces.