Legacy LASO Reward

So one thing that definitely should be a legacy reward beyond the 152 grind is LASO master. It is super difficult and instead of a xp grind actually takes some skill, I believe only 0.03% of players have it even with MCC being out for so many years now. The question becomes, what should it be? A player emblem? A player card? A unique armor coating? Ideally i’d have it be a unique armor set, that incorporates skull designs somehow.

A fire helmet, like you would see for reach. I think that would be the coolest.

I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.

> 2533274829873463;3:
> I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.

I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.

> 2533274853641752;4:
> > 2533274829873463;3:
> > I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.
>
> I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.

Not sure on specific designs but I miss the old vidmaster challenges that unlocked content based on other games so I’d be all for it if 343i were up for it.

> 2533274988011996;1:
> So one thing that definitely should be a legacy reward beyond the 152 grind is LASO master. It is super difficult and instead of a xp grind actually takes some skill, I believe only 0.03% of players have it even with MCC being out for so many years now. The question becomes, what should it be? A player emblem? A player card? A unique armor coating? Ideally i’d have it be a unique armor set, that incorporates skull designs somehow.

A set with the crossing energy swords on the back would be awesome and I’d actually put in the effort to LASO the series in MCC.

> 2533274829873463;5:
> > 2533274853641752;4:
> > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.
> >
> > I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.
>
> Not sure on specific designs but I miss the old vidmaster challenges that unlocked content based on other games so I’d be all for it if 343i were up for it.

Part of me is against this because sadly I know a lot of people got LASO MAster through abuse of the final checkpoint glitch and/or use of mods on PC. it would be a really cool thing to do, but I also know there will be a lot of people who won’t have truly ‘earned’ it. By comparison I’d rather some kind of Live event in MCC to earn this a la Vidmaster to unlock in infinite. Something like a new LASO playlist with select missions.

I really hope there are multiple rewards tied to legacy achievements. Halo Wars 2 and MCC need some sort of token to compliment the Halo 5 152 rewards. Maybe they don’t all need to be as hard as the XP grind, but anything that rewards fans who have played the other games.

I hope 343 does give rewards for legacy achievements.

I am totally on board with the idea, however what I hope 343 does this time is actually keep the rewards tied to the challenge instead of arbitrarily giving them away to the masses later on… COUGHHELIOSKRILLCOUGH COUGH

> 2533274874872263;7:
> > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > 2533274853641752;4:
> > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.
> > >
> > > I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.
> >
> > Not sure on specific designs but I miss the old vidmaster challenges that unlocked content based on other games so I’d be all for it if 343i were up for it.
>
> Part of me is against this because sadly I know a lot of people got LASO MAster through abuse of the final checkpoint glitch and/or use of mods on PC. it would be a really cool thing to do, but I also know there will be a lot of people who won’t have truly ‘earned’ it. By comparison I’d rather some kind of Live event in MCC to earn this a la Vidmaster to unlock in infinite. Something like a new LASO playlist with select missions.

I’d rather not. I’d rather it just auto-lock based on my past achievements. I don’t want to be forced to play it just for the sake of a timed event since that would stress me out.

> 2533274829873463;11:
> > 2533274874872263;7:
> > > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > > 2533274853641752;4:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > > I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.
> > > >
> > > > I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.
> > >
> > > Not sure on specific designs but I miss the old vidmaster challenges that unlocked content based on other games so I’d be all for it if 343i were up for it.
> >
> > Part of me is against this because sadly I know a lot of people got LASO MAster through abuse of the final checkpoint glitch and/or use of mods on PC. it would be a really cool thing to do, but I also know there will be a lot of people who won’t have truly ‘earned’ it. By comparison I’d rather some kind of Live event in MCC to earn this a la Vidmaster to unlock in infinite. Something like a new LASO playlist with select missions.
>
> I’d rather not. I’d rather it just auto-lock based on my past achievements. I don’t want to be forced to play it just for the sake of a timed event since that would stress me out.

Depending on the mission selection it could be fun - things like Outskirts, Uplift Reserve, Floodgate, Nightfall,

But yeah totally get where you’re coming from

> 2533274874872263;7:
> > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > 2533274853641752;4:
> > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.
> > >
> > > I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.
> >
> > Not sure on specific designs but I miss the old vidmaster challenges that unlocked content based on other games so I’d be all for it if 343i were up for it.
>
> Part of me is against this because sadly I know a lot of people got LASO MAster through abuse of the final checkpoint glitch and/or use of mods on PC. it would be a really cool thing to do, but I also know there will be a lot of people who won’t have truly ‘earned’ it. By comparison I’d rather some kind of Live event in MCC to earn this a la Vidmaster to unlock in infinite. Something like a new LASO playlist with select missions.

Out of curiosity what percentage of LASO completions do you think were achieved via exploit? I have always been genuinely curious how exclusive the actual LASO club is.

Personally I wouldn’t let them be an excuse to not be able to show off my own achievement because at least I will know its legit, but I get where you are coming from. Also I used the Save/Quit exploit for SOLO play, and I know there are many who say that makes it not legit alone so I try not to throw too many stones in my glass house I guess.

> 2533274841519598;13:
> > 2533274874872263;7:
> > > 2533274829873463;5:
> > > > 2533274853641752;4:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;3:
> > > > > I’d be ok with that but I doubt they will. I think we were lucky enough to get the 152 unlock so not sure if 343i would do this too or fans will keeping asking for rewards for other stuff too.
> > > >
> > > > I can’t say that I’m expecting it but I really hope that they add something like this. I would much rather have something like this designed than variant of a helmet with a circle on the forehead instead of a square.
> > >
> > > Not sure on specific designs but I miss the old vidmaster challenges that unlocked content based on other games so I’d be all for it if 343i were up for it.
> >
> > Part of me is against this because sadly I know a lot of people got LASO MAster through abuse of the final checkpoint glitch and/or use of mods on PC. it would be a really cool thing to do, but I also know there will be a lot of people who won’t have truly ‘earned’ it. By comparison I’d rather some kind of Live event in MCC to earn this a la Vidmaster to unlock in infinite. Something like a new LASO playlist with select missions.
>
> Out of curiosity what percentage of LASO completions do you think were achieved via exploit? I have always been genuinely curious how exclusive the actual LASO club is.
>
> Personally I wouldn’t let them be an excuse to not be able to show off my own achievement because at least I will know its legit, but I get where you are coming from. Also I used the Save/Quit exploit for SOLO play, and I know there are many who say that makes it not legit alone so I try not to throw too many stones in my glass house I guess.

My view may be clouded by achievement hunting community, but I reckon at least half if not more

Shoutout to the real ones who completed the playlists legit and then also went ahead and did the Legendary Master Chief Saga playlist too for some extra credit torture lol

> 2533274988011996;1:
> So one thing that definitely should be a legacy reward beyond the 152 grind is LASO master. It is super difficult and instead of a xp grind actually takes some skill, I believe only 0.03% of players have it even with MCC being out for so many years now. The question becomes, what should it be? A player emblem? A player card? A unique armor coating? Ideally i’d have it be a unique armor set, that incorporates skull designs somehow.

I always said the reward you get for completing LASO is not worth the frustration and difficulty. You should get an animated title, some armor, and even a better emblem. Or at least some reward in Infinite imagine a Platinum skull themed armor skin with a white flaming head or the skulls are damaged or blood red to show the many deaths you had to go through to get LASO Master?

Also I’m sad we never got anything special for 100% Halo Wars 1 and 2. That hurts because our community is already ridiculously small. But I guess the Yappening and One Banished emblem is okay.

Long live Atriox!

> 2533274812864671;15:
> Shoutout to the real ones who completed the playlists legit and then also went ahead and did the Legendary Master Chief Saga playlist too for some extra credit torture lol

Haha, I hope to be that special kind of masochist by the end of the year to finally 100% the playlists.

I already broke my promise to my own sanity to never attempt H2 every again when I did it for the Chinese MCC, so no harm in going a third round I guess considering you can’t break a promise already broken.