Legacy achievements

This is both a letter to 343 and a sort of question to the community. Is there ANY way to get legacy achievements like halo 2 Vista, and have them saved to your profile somehow?

I saw a guy on a thread a while back and he had 100100% of achievements for every Halo game, including Vista. He also had things like “Spartan assault for windows 8, Spartan assault for windows 10, Spartan assault for windows phones” etc and I want to know if it’s still possible. If it isn’t, 343? Is there anything you could possibly do? Maybe we could send you a game clip of getting it and you can verify it and award it to us on waypoint? As far as I know GFWL still technically works so possibly we could use halo 2 Cartographer or Halo 2 Vista LAN to get the online achievements?

I would love it if Games for Windows was supported again, even just for Halo 2: Vista as that would allow me to mop up the rest of the achievements I am missing. However, that being said, 343i are already looking to the past enough with bringing previous Halo games to the PC. They already have enough on their plate as it is, so whilst I would like them to do it, I would prefer they look to the future more rather than support something only a few people would use.

> 2533274813866307;1:
> This is both a letter to 343 and a sort of question to the community. Is there ANY way to get legacy achievements like halo 2 Vista, and have them saved to your profile somehow?
>
> I saw a guy on a thread a while back and he had 100100% of achievements for every Halo game, including Vista. He also had things like “Spartan assault for windows 8, Spartan assault for windows 10, Spartan assault for windows phones” etc and I want to know if it’s still possible. If it isn’t, 343? Is there anything you could possibly do? Maybe we could send you a game clip of getting it and you can verify it and award it to us on waypoint? As far as I know GFWL still technically works so possibly we could use halo 2 Cartographer or Halo 2 Vista LAN to get the online achievements?

You best bet is to use True Achievements.

Not sure if you can still download the old Spartan games onto windows phones or not.
If you can, great!
Some of those achievements are cross platform, others need you do certain things again on each platform.
Be wary when going for these, many of them are glitchy. Read up before you start.
Specifically the ones surrounding the challenges, something to do with how the weekly challenges aren’t available anymore - I can’t remember, but do some research.

If they aren’t available to download, you could try looking for someone who has a phone with those games installed - and asking to borrow or buy it from them, and then load your profile onto them and playing.

For H2V, I’d check true achievements. People in those forums tend to know how to get things unlocked.

Adding to Ashaman’s response, H2V’s online achievements are not obtainable through legitimate means. I believe that is true for the iOS versions of the mobile games as well. There have been certain instances of developers changing unlock requirements for certain achievements, so it is theoretically possible for 343i to make some achievements obtainable again. However, they are all old games developed by other companies so I highly doubt that would happen.

As for the achievement(s) tied to challenges in Spartan Assault, you won’t have any issues unlocking them on different platforms provided you have unlocked the achievement on at least one platform. Your save file is carried across all platforms.