Left my new Xbox on to download Halo 5

Hi guys,

I’ve left my new Halo console on whilst I’m at work so that it can download Halo 5. Will my Xbox be able to handle this? Is it safe to leave it on? I am an excessive worrier and I fear it may cause either a fire hazard or damage the console itself. Currently the progress is 35% but its just that its taking so long to download the digital version, I don’t think I will get it downloaded before the 7th so that I can qualify for the special armour.

If you have it downloading in standby mode, it’ll be grand.

When i work and find a game i want to have, i buy it and the xbox at home downloads it, so i don´t think you have to worry, i think it will download the game and will shut down after that.

how long have you been downloading it for?, and it should be fine as long as its ventilated and you arent in a hot humid climate.

what is standby mode? I literally just left it signed in and on the downloading screen.

> 2533274796325288;4:
> how long have you been downloading it for?, and it should be fine as long as its ventilated and you arent in a hot humid climate.

Started it Sunday evening. However, I’ve only been able to do a few hours at a time. It’s not in the best ventilated area but I’ve left a window open a bit and moved it so the vents are able to get better airflow.

> 2533274972233335;6:
> > 2533274796325288;4:
> > how long have you been downloading it for?, and it should be fine as long as its ventilated and you arent in a hot humid climate.
>
>
> Started it Sunday evening. However, I’ve only been able to do a few hours at a time. It’s not in the best ventilated area but I’ve left a window open a bit and moved it so the vents are able to get better airflow.

The Xbox One was designed to stay on for about a year without a break, seeing as how it’s possible for it to be a cable box for some people. Leaving it on for a day is fine!

Be careful Xbox Ones can light on fire in under 30 minutes of being left of. Just sit a fire alarm next to it and you should be k.

I left mine on at home several times. It will be alright, it knows what its doing.

I’ve left my XBox One on nearly 24/7 since Launch Day nearly 2 years ago. It’ll be fine.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I feel much more reassured now.

> 2533274972233335;11:
> Thanks for the responses everyone. I feel much more reassured now.

Standby mode is what happens when you shut the console off using your controller or the Kinect. It should be on by default and will download new games/updates while it’s off.

Well I accidentally never turned my console off for the download, and after 19 hours of being turned on my xbox needed a well deserved rest. Unfortunately, Halo 5 was ready, and I think we all know what happened next…

> 2533274972233335;6:
> > 2533274796325288;4:
> > how long have you been downloading it for?, and it should be fine as long as its ventilated and you arent in a hot humid climate.
>
>
> Started it Sunday evening. However, I’ve only been able to do a few hours at a time. It’s not in the best ventilated area but I’ve left a window open a bit and moved it so the vents are able to get better airflow.

don’t worry bro I have my sky box plugged in to it so its on all day so should be fine

> 2533274833806227;14:
> > 2533274972233335;6:
> > > 2533274796325288;4:
> > > how long have you been downloading it for?, and it should be fine as long as its ventilated and you arent in a hot humid climate.
> >
> >
> > Started it Sunday evening. However, I’ve only been able to do a few hours at a time. It’s not in the best ventilated area but I’ve left a window open a bit and moved it so the vents are able to get better airflow.
>
>
> don’t worry bro I have my sky box plugged in to it so its on all day so should be fine

Same here. Used to have my cable box plugged into it, now I have my Roku running through it. It’s on 24/7, only time it gets cycled off is when there’s an update or if a storm blows through.

It`s fine, until you start using thermal explosives on the vents.

That ended…badly for the room.

If your console is turned to “Instant-On” it will download when you turn off the console. At a much faster pace also.

This is the recommended way to download games, as it uses the least amount of power and goes to “sleep” once it’s done.