Left handed players

I’ve been wondering what it is like for left handed players having a right handed spartan, Is it confusing? I mean a title update could give you the option of which hand to hold the gun in right? New to these forums by the way sorry if I post it in the wrong place. :stuck_out_tongue:

I always used to wonder this but it turns out it feels the exact same for them. (Well at least my friend)

I was wondering about that, too. Back on the N64, everyone had to be left-handed for GoldenEye (I’m talking about the trigger button, not the way the controller was held). I signed that petition for button-remapping that was on the collegehumor website like a week ago.

I could never imagine pressing the left trigger to shoot, it would drive me insane.

Also thinking of having my weapon on the left side of the screen would disorientate me, in a sense? It’d just be confusing, but then again i’m not left handed so I wouldn’t know how it is for them :confused:

There should be an option to choose switch from left to right handed, it would also change the spartan before hand in the armory, as he/she would hold his DMR in his/her left hand :stuck_out_tongue: I think it would be a nice change :slight_smile:

> I could never imagine pressing the left trigger to shoot, it would drive me insane.

Hehe sounds like someone didn’t play Halo 2 or 3 = P

> I could never imagine pressing the left trigger to shoot, it would drive me insane.
>
> Also thinking of having my weapon on the left side of the screen would disorientate me, in a sense? It’d just be confusing, but then again i’m not left handed so I wouldn’t know how it is for them :confused:
>
> There should be an option to choose switch from left to right handed, it would also change the spartan before hand in the armory, as he/she would hold his DMR in his/her left hand :stuck_out_tongue: I think it would be a nice change :slight_smile:

I’m both handed, I write with right, but throw with left. With real weapons I also use left hand as the trigger hand. The weapon being on the right side of the screen doesn’t bother me the slightest, in fact, it would look really awkward to me if it was on the left side of the screen. You see, it’s all just personal preference, it doesn’t have anything to do with which handed you are. For example, I believe that not many left handed Halo players use the southpaw option, because when they first play the game, they usually just test the game and what layout happens to be there at that time determines what layout they will start using.

A good example of this is my use of the inverted option for aiming, I have always used it because when I first played Halo, that was what was set for me. This is also the reason why most players use default, it may not be their optimal layout, but they’re used to it and after using it for a long time, it’s hard to adapt to different layouts. Even though I’m half-left handed, I could never use the southpaw options, even though I know that my left thumb is better than right because I have played huge amounts of driving games. Maybe better is a wrong word, it’s more like each of my thumbs has different purpose.

I’m right handed, though I expect that left handed players would just adapt, in the same way that a lot of left handed guitarists just use regular guitars.

> > I could never imagine pressing the left trigger to shoot, it would drive me insane.
>
> Hehe sounds like someone didn’t play Halo 2 or 3 = P

I used right trigger to shoot on Halo 3 =P

The other day I was playing Reach while looking at it through a mirror, to see what it would look like to have left handed weapons…

Quite odd.