left handed in-game weapon holding?

OK im a bit slow today and i just finished watching the trailer for the 6th time and something caught my eye…

Watch the Halo 4: First look video again guys and girls

now skip to or watch it again right up till the point between 2:55 and 2:57 now watch the spartan crouching (like a bau5) and moving back, correct me if i am wrong but he has the Battle Rifle in his “LEFT” hand and his right hand as the Grenade/reload/melee whatever

now if that’s the case I LOVE YOU 343

If this is a taste for the level of customization in Halo 4, you are on the most rightest of rightest paths that could be right (for me at least)

its the small things that count, things like that! after i saw that it made me wonder little things like customizable HUD’s etc etc are not so out of reach what else is there?

Keep up the AWESOME

Weasel

Really? no one? :frowning:

oh…kaaay… im guessing this has been posted already a billion times sigh

Weasel

Ok, just watched it. Again and yes he is holding his weapon in his left hand. I hope that this will be in game because I would like a bit more customization.

This is a worthwhile observation. I wouldn’t get my expectations up, for at least two reasons:

1. That footage could have been mirrored for footage’s sake. It creates a more balanced image if the spartan is moving backwards away from Frankie on the right, as opposed to towards. Editing these videos together probably isn’t the biggest thing on their plate right now, so it’s possible they did that and didn’t consider the implications to hopeful lefties everywhere.

2. Assuming it’s real, this is the sort of feature that usually gets cut when the pressure’s on with a month before going gold, and the bugs are stacking up. It’s not important to gameplay and it doesn’t dramatically impact the people that would’ve enjoyed it for it to not show up (lefties seem to have largely gotten used to the righty-dominated market). It may end up a dead branch to be cut away.

Hah that’s really cool. I’m a righty so I probably won’t change it but that is pretty darn cool.

YAAAY someone replied!

im a bit light headed right now and i needed someone to confirm this for me (you know when you’re reading and then you just didn’t understand WTF just happened? and then you read the sentence again and it still didn’t make any sense? well that’s how that part of the video was to me, i know stupid but still this is great!

Weasel

Lefty’s unite!

As a lefty, I’d find that pretty awesome. Will our oppression finally come to an end?

> Hah that’s really cool. I’m a righty so I probably won’t change it but that is pretty darn cool.

Same im a right handed guy, but i think it would be cool just to have “BECAUSE” you know

weasel

To be honest I think the image is just flipped around.

> 1. That footage could have been mirrored for footage’s sake. It creates a more balanced image if the spartan is moving backwards away from Frankie on the right, as opposed to towards. Editing these videos together probably isn’t the biggest thing on their plate right now, so it’s possible they did that and didn’t consider the implications to hopeful lefties everywhere.

Sadly I think this is most likely.

I post this a few hours ago and get two replies, and you post again and get more? Not cool! :frowning: Haha, just kidding, I really don’t mind at all.

On a serious note, I think it would be pretty awesome to give lefties (or a lefty wanna-be) the option to play as a left handed Spartan, just for the sake of making things better for them. We have the lefty controls, so why not this too?

more than likely, the video was mirrored at some point during editing

you guys are such downers hahahah but yeah i just wanted to discuss this, but yeah alas if they do cut it or whatever i wouldn’t really mind, and yes i know its not really what they should be focusing on right now…

weasel