Leaks are good

While most leaks are bad I feel a few screenshots leaking now would be good for Halo 4.

Remember back in 2010 around this time the Tom Morello screenshots came out?* About 4 or so grainy Reach screenshots and it stirred things up, it was the first screenshots we ever saw of Reach and it got the community talking.

I feel small leaks like that generate discussion and bring attention to Halo 4.

Thoughts?

*Here is one of them to refresh your memory

> I feel small leaks like that generate discussion and bring attention to Halo 4.
>
> Thoughts?

of course they do - no matter whether real or fake, it’s viral/guerilla marketing.

Tom Morello = Bungie :slight_smile:

Actually, those screenshots were leaked in 2009. They were assumed fake until the world premiere when the image of jorge was confirmed since jorge was in the premiere.

We deserve leaks!

Just make sure you don’t post them here even if you stumble on to them on the interwebs :slight_smile:

kthnxbai.

They need to leak something cause atm my excitement for Halo 4 is in the negatives… :confused:

I’m atleast expecting the first info to make me -Yoink- and start farting it’s so mindblowing.

We aren’t allowed to discuss them here.

[deleted]

> Tom Morello = Bungie :slight_smile:

Tom Morello = Rage Against The Machine :slight_smile:

The French should hurry up then!

Leaks are bad. Do you remember what happened when we got our hands on those screen shots? Everyone made wild assumptions and was horribly disappointed when we saw real images of Reach, hurting it’s reputation before we had even seen gameplay.

Let the info come out through official channels, let them prep it and give us the BEST possible preview. Leaks only damage a game, let 343 do their job and all will be fine.

> While most leaks are bad I feel a few screenshots leaking now would be good for Halo 4.
>
> Remember back in 2010 around this time the Tom Morello screenshots came out?* About 4 or so grainy Reach screenshots and it stirred things up, it was the first screenshots we ever saw of Reach and it got the community talking.
>
>
> I feel small leaks like that generate discussion and bring attention to Halo 4.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> *Here is one of them to refresh your memory

In my opinion, they only seem good or are good depending on the amount of information at the time.

At this current time, we have very little to nothing so I’m sure some sort of leak would be gladly welcome by ‘most’ as they are so desperate to see something. However, not everyone likes leaks, it’s not what the company wants and loyalty will play a big part there.

However, if and eventually when we get more information I don’t see why leaks should be welcomed. If a trailer comes out then I am completely happy with that and I would not want/need to ask for more.

leaks can make or break a games rep. it can excite but it can also reveal stuff that isn’t yet explained, letting us jump to horrid assumptions

> leaks can make or break a games rep. it can excite but it can also reveal stuff that isn’t yet explained, letting us jump to horrid assumptions

Or they could just rip a big whole in the game itself. Like when the spoilers for mw3 came out, the entire campaign was leaked before the first trailer could even air. Though the leaked version wasnt the final, it was pretty close

And if my memory serves me, someone leaked the gears 3 campaign during the beta as well

> We deserve leaks!

We deserve no such thing…

Ω

> > We deserve leaks!
>
> We deserve no such thing…
>
> Ω

well then you can hold it in until your bladder explodes.

But they look quite convincing compared to the others!
edit: wrong link!

Edited by Moderator - Please do not discuss or link to leaks, real or fake.

I don’t think they’ll ever have leaks. 343i probably confiscates all recording device before you are allowed to enter. That’s just my guess.

> But they look quite convincing compared to the others!
> edit: wrong link!

So where is the link with the pic’s you wanted to show.

Or r u just trolling :P?