Leading into halo 5 .Spoilers.

At the ending of halo 4 we see MC has returned to earth and we hear the didact speaking but there really isn’t any information on what direction the story will go. Will spartan ops give more information on where the story is headed?

Linda ,Fred,Kelly should still be alive and nether on Earth or Infinity .John should reunite with them and maybe there in Halo 5 .

This is what im wondering? The didact is dead so i dont think that will be apart of halo 5, I just want cortana back… i NEED her in the game. Master chief just wouldn’t be the same without her.

> This is what im wondering? The didact is dead so i dont think that will be apart of halo 5, I just want cortana back… i NEED her in the game. Master chief just wouldn’t be the same without her.

The Didact is in no way dead. He will return.

Cortana will also. The Librarian did something to both her and John to survive. So I see Cortana coming back as a meta or a mere image

I don’t think cortona is dead early in the game she talked about being able to be transferred neurologically or something like that because she was made from a live clone. I don’t think this would of been brought up if they were just going to kill her off

> > This is what im wondering? The didact is dead so i dont think that will be apart of halo 5, I just want cortana back… i NEED her in the game. Master chief just wouldn’t be the same without her.
>
> The Didact is in no way dead. He will return.
>
> Cortana will also. The Librarian did something to both her and John to survive. So I see Cortana coming back as a meta or a mere image

well wasnt the gernade the fall and the nuke enough to kill him? this is what i dont understand i thought this was a new ancient evil awakening, something so powerful that we should fear him more then the flood? yet we kill him on game 1 of the trilogy?

Idk i just hope either the librarian or Dr Halsey can manage to fix cortana… she is literally almost as important as the chief.

> > > This is what im wondering? The didact is dead so i dont think that will be apart of halo 5, I just want cortana back… i NEED her in the game. Master chief just wouldn’t be the same without her.
> >
> > The Didact is in no way dead. He will return.
> >
> > Cortana will also. The Librarian did something to both her and John to survive. So I see Cortana coming back as a meta or a mere image
>
> well wasnt the gernade the fall and the nuke enough to kill him? this is what i dont understand i thought this was a new ancient evil awakening, something so powerful that we should fear him more then the flood? yet we kill him on game 1 of the trilogy?
>
> Idk i just hope either the librarian or Dr Halsey can manage to fix cortana… she is literally almost as important as the chief.

According to the Halo lore, The didact cant die or is near impossible to kill. He merely transfers his memories to a new host before he dies, Thus making the new host the New Didact, So we will probably have to fight him in halo 5 with an Epic -Yoink- boss battle, or He’ll somehow appear in Spartan Ops in or around Season 2.

As for Cortana. I have no idea for her Fate. Since shes an AI, she cant necessarily die. They just think themselves to the brink of death, and most likely scraped by the UNSC or a AI group. She MAY be alive somehow or shes probably dead. Who knows.

One interesting thing that came up in my mind is the discussion of Humanity’s past as a dominant foe.

Due to Humans returning to the top of the food chain in the galaxy, what’s to stop from more conflict arising? Maybe even internal ones.

idk i hope they give us a little more then what the campaign did, im hoping maybe spartan ops will give us something… i hate the fact that i have to wait another 3 years in order to get an answer.

I’m hoping spartan ops continues the story of halo 4 and don’t give us just random missions put together about collect this shoot that . I want a real story in this

> I’m hoping spartan ops continues the story of halo 4 and don’t give us just random missions put together about collect this shoot that . I want a real story in this

Go watch the trailer for Season 1: Episode 2. Its gonna be epic~ :3

Just finished campaign today! wow that second half was really great. the first half is a tad slow until the middle of infinity mission.

cortana is in no way dead i believe. There must have been some fragment of her remaining somwhere on the composer/ forerunner ship.

And the didact is not dead either. maybe he has taken a part of her and in halo 5 he has reconstructed her to follow him. he did say that Cortana intrigued him?

Well the composer was destroyed so? Spartan ops needs to explain more

btw what did cortana mean when she said most of me is down there at the last scene?

> > > According to the Halo lore, The didact cant die or is near impossible to kill. He merely transfers his memories to a new host before he dies, Thus making the new host the New Didact, So we will probably have to fight him in halo 5 with an Epic -Yoink!- boss battle, or He’ll somehow appear in Spartan Ops in or around Season 2.
> > >
> > > As for Cortana. I have no idea for her Fate. Since shes an AI, she cant necessarily die. They just think themselves to the brink of death, and most likely scraped by the UNSC or a AI group. She MAY be alive somehow or shes probably dead. Who knows.
> >
> > So, what if chief somehow becomes the new Didact?

This is going to piss people off but i wish they would leave her dead. Not because she is not a good character but because she is. Halo 4 a pinnacle for her character and the chief. Without sacrifice the threat is not real and all villains cease to be threatening because you know no matter what happens chief and cortana will beat it. This undermines the entire story. It is a pivotal moment for the chief and we can finally see something of a character besides just a gold face plate and some one liners. My hope is halo 5 will not have chief as the main character but focus on other spartans. The group dynamic and having characters to fight along side of in ODST and Reach helps to bring me into the story. In the chief games the chief is either alone or beside some nameless marines or in the case of 4 nameless spartans. If chief does return next game i would like to see him fighting along side the characters from the book. If they bring Cortana back it makes her sacrifice cheap and ruins the ending of halo 4.

I still want to pay as MC but I want to play next to other Spartans too I was just waiting to see some of the new Spartans in the campaign . But it never happened

Cortana’s “death” served a purpose, and in bringing her back would in no way undermine the power of that moment. It clearly rattled Chief in a way that hasn’t been shown before. Her absence is clearly messing with his head.

As for the Didact, we haven’t seen the last of him.

I have high hopes for Spartan Ops. I thought the first 5 missions were just fluff story but from the new trailer it does appear that an overarching story has been created that will hopefully bring to light new elements to the universe and give direction to where we’re headed in Halo 5. I’m hopeful that the Flood will make a return in some fashion in Spartan Ops. It’s not a far stretch to imagine as 343i has already images of the Flood in multiplayer. They clearly haven’t forgotten about them.

Im not sure what has happened to Cortana She may not be completely dead, or she is dead and she will be replace by a “new” Cortana, Im not sure how that will work though since multipule flash clones were killed in her creation, but technology has evolved in the universe.

> I still want to pay as MC but I want to play next to other Spartans too I was just waiting to see some of the new Spartans in the campaign . But it never happened

The guys in the black and orange armor are Spartan-IV’s.