LE owners cannot enter CSR challenge.

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/04/08/CSR-Challenge-.aspx
First line of the T&C
‘To receive avatar item, you must play Halo 4 standard edition’

So, WHAT ON EARTH!

The owners of the Limited edition/Console are not allowed to enter this competition… why not?
We dropped more money on the game, why can we not enter?

Also, I’ve been playing all day, my CSR hasn’t budged past 1 all day, is this linked somehow to the fact I own the LE?

If anybody mentions that “LE owners got what they were promised, you shouldn’t have spent that much money etc. etc.” please leave it at the door… I want to know if the competetition is indeed limited to standard Halo 4 owners and why they’re leaving out the LE owners as I can see no good reason as to why.

Honestly, I was looking forward to playing and trying to reach 35 in order to get the reward, if I am not allowed because I bought the LE, I will be dissapointed.

I think that everybody can enter this competition, afterall they can’t possibly see if you have LE or SE at all.

I don’t know, I’m thinking that standard edition would just be the basic requirement. Hopefully?

I think it’s more a typo than anything, CSR wasn’t updating earlier for a lot of people, you should be able to continue leveling up now.

> I think that everybody can enter this competition, afterall they can’t possibly see if you have LE or SE at all.

I don’t know if the physical discs are any different, I don’t think there’s anything noticable in the game, but I know some companies like to pull some wierd stuff, so I wouldn’t bet my life that they can’t tell.

I can’t understand why they would explicitly state “standard edition”… As some have said, perhaps that’s the “minimum requirement”… but why mislead like that when there’s no way I could play Halo 4 with an edition that is worse than standard.

I don’t know if I will get 35 anyway, I’ve been getting trashed today and I’ve always been a below average player.

It seems that Halo 4 rarely pits me against other players of my calibre.

I would wager to guess that the discs in the standard and LE are the same and that it’s just poor wording. Fairly sure everyone is allowed to play. :slight_smile:

> I would wager to guess that the discs in the standard and LE are the same and that it’s just poor wording. Fairly sure everyone is allowed to play. :slight_smile:

This.

For what reason would 343 forbid LE owners from being able to see their own CSR?

P.S. good job moderating the live chat yesterday, you cookie!

Maybe they’re giving out content that Limited Edition owners already purchased. Did we get a tee with our bundle? I forgot.

> Maybe they’re giving out content that Limited Edition owners already purchased. Did we get a tee with our bundle? I forgot.

We did not get a tee with our Limited Editions.

However, participating in this Halo Week’s CSR and Spartan Ops challenges will unlock you two avatar tees!

Read more about it, below:
http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/04/08/Welcome-to-Halo-Week-Drop-Shock.aspx

I’m guessing Standard and LE both count. It might mean people who downloaded the on demand version might not be able to enter?

> > Maybe they’re giving out content that Limited Edition owners already purchased. Did we get a tee with our bundle? I forgot.
>
> We did not get a tee with our Limited Editions.
>
> However, participating in this Halo Week’s CSR and Spartan Ops challenges will unlock you two avatar tees!
>
> Read more about it, below:
> http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/04/08/Welcome-to-Halo-Week-Drop-Shock.aspx

I noticed that, as this is the topic we are discussing. Thanks anyways.

I’m pretty sure 343 are just saying you can’t get the reward if you play on a hacked or pirated or illegally dwonload Halo 4 disk.

> I would wager to guess that the discs in the standard and LE are the same and that it’s just poor wording. Fairly sure everyone is allowed to play. :slight_smile:

That’s great to know, was a little disappointed when I saw that.