Lazy map makers

The “new” overgrowth map is plaza almost exactly. A few walls are changed but the main bones of the map are the same. How lame. 343 is becoming lazier and lazier.

Kinda Iike how Eden and Empire are almost the same map. And truth and regret are almost same map. Lame as hell.

Yep, everyone has realised this by now. It’s not that Overgrowth is a bad map, in fact I quite like it, but changing the paint job slightly and moving a few corridors isn’t enough to warrant the title of ‘new’ map.

Yea, it’s kind of ridiculous.

I don’t mind any of the maps, but you are correct, there are a lot of similarities. I wish 343 would introduce variety. Maybe give us a medium sized map with a ghost, gun goose, and warthog on each side. Sniper and Splazer weapon pads.

I don’t mind maps that are remixed. I figure it still has a new look and atmosphere. But for BTB to only have forge maps is pretty lazy imo. At this point, seeing as they haven’t announced any developer made maps, we really don’t need them to make BTB maps. Might as well just let the community forge them all.

I find that they’ve focused on small maps. Now granted I do like a lot of them but those two new BTB maps are small and not that good. A lot of their maps in general have barely placed to cover behind when recharging. I’ve made better maps though.

It’s pathetic, honestly. Truth and Regret. Eden and Empire. Plaza and Overgrowth. Then we get these new BTB maps that are just poorly done forge maps. Blows my mind that this is how they treat their community.

You are so entitled, everything is FREE CONTENT!!! They don’t owe you anything. Truth and regret are completely separate maps, they bare no resemblance to each other. Same goes for Eden and Empire. And with more FREE CONTENT I will enjoy more remixes and forge maps.

Sarcasm, by the way.

> 2533274970658419;8:
> You are so entitled, everything is FREE CONTENT!!! They don’t owe you anything. Truth and regret are completely separate maps, they bare no resemblance to each other. Same goes for Eden and Empire. And with more FREE CONTENT I will enjoy more remixes and forge maps.
>
> Sarcasm, by the way.

you;re silly. its free b/c it took them 5min to make it with next to no effort. Bungie charged b/c they created master pieces whereas 343 created something in half the time bungie did. Plus this game is so flawed and full of bugs and regressions its not even funny. And only idiots will pay money for half -Yoinked!- crap like these -Yoink- maps that were just released. So ya, I better get these maps for free to make of for 343’s lack of skill in while creating this bug filled game. If they charged, people will be even more pissed, so I think this is a way of saying thanks for hanging in there with our flawed product. So dont call people out about complaining about a half -Yoinked!- product, b/c it really is half -Yoinked!- and us expert gamers do notice when things get half -Yoinked!-, and yes these maps were. And its not that we’re soooo entitled its that we have standards, especially for the game that saved the xbox and the game that basically set the standards for others, so ya I have high expectations for the game that started it all not entitlements. Get it straight.

It doesn’t matter what 343 does, you will find something completely irrelevant to complain about because you are biased.

/thread

> 2533274890800227;10:
> It doesn’t matter what 343 does, you will find something completely irrelevant to complain about because you are biased.
>
> /thread

It doesn’t matter what 343I does, you will find some way to defend them because you are biased.

/thread reopened

> 2533274819302824;11:
> > 2533274890800227;10:
> > It doesn’t matter what 343 does, you will find something completely irrelevant to complain about because you are biased.
> >
> > /thread
>
>
> It doesn’t matter what 343I does, you will find some way to defend them because you are biased.
>
> /thread reopened

I’m biased because I think the op’s complaint is ridiculous? His perceptions about Overgrowth do not detract from the value of the map in any way.

> 2676692992815546;9:
> > 2533274970658419;8:
> > You are so entitled, everything is FREE CONTENT!!! They don’t owe you anything. Truth and regret are completely separate maps, they bare no resemblance to each other. Same goes for Eden and Empire. And with more FREE CONTENT I will enjoy more remixes and forge maps.
> >
> > Sarcasm, by the way.
>
>
> you;re silly. its free b/c it took them 5min to make it with next to no effort. Bungie charged b/c they created master pieces whereas 343 created something in half the time bungie did. Plus this game is so flawed and full of bugs and regressions its not even funny. And only idiots will pay money for half -Yoinked!- crap like these -Yoink- maps that were just released. So ya, I better get these maps for free to make of for 343’s lack of skill in while creating this bug filled game. If they charged, people will be even more pissed, so I think this is a way of saying thanks for hanging in there with our flawed product. So dont call people out about complaining about a half -Yoinked!- product, b/c it really is half -Yoinked!- and us expert gamers do notice when things get half -Yoinked!-, and yes these maps were. And its not that we’re soooo entitled its that we have standards, especially for the game that saved the xbox and the game that basically set the standards for others, so ya I have high expectations for the game that started it all not entitlements. Get it straight.

I find these maps rather upsetting. 1. You say truth and regret have no resemblance to one another. I am certain you’re alone on this one. Identical maps one the ship was in its prime and the other the ship crashed and became overgrown.

  1. I get the free content I do. They make more money off chumps willing to spend 100$ of req packs as opposed to you buying a season pass. Or 4 or 5 people buying req packs here and there.
  2. HOW DARE they say new maps! give us something new don’t try and polish a turd and call it new.
  3. I would rather pay for a season pass knowing that maps are brand new and original (even though flawed at release BF4 they released quality content) came out with huge maps then sectioned them off for smaller plays rather than have certain maps for certain types.

> 2533274890800227;12:
> > 2533274819302824;11:
> > > 2533274890800227;10:
> > > It doesn’t matter what 343 does, you will find something completely irrelevant to complain about because you are biased.
> > >
> > > /thread
> >
> >
> > It doesn’t matter what 343I does, you will find some way to defend them because you are biased.
> >
> > /thread reopened
>
>
> I’m biased because I think the op’s complaint is ridiculous? His perceptions about Overgrowth do not detract from the value of the map in any way.

This is true. Some people didn’t like that Regret is a remix of truth. But Regret stands alone well as its own map and plays very differently. And has a different atmosphere to it as well. It stands on its own two feet, regardless of the fact that it is a spinoff of another map. Same goes for Overgrowth. Overgrowth makes for a fun casual experience with a great atmosphere to boot. Out of the 3 remix maps, Eden is the only one I kind of don’t like.

It’s even worse that when they had their stream for a preview of the update they were playing it with Strongside and they all made it out to be something great. I get it, they work for the company so you have to push your product, but it’s like they didn’t expect us to notice.

> 2533274856454931;2:
> Yep, everyone has realised this by now. It’s not that Overgrowth is a bad map, in fact I quite like it, but changing the paint job slightly and moving a few corridors isn’t enough to warrant the title of ‘new’ map.

What about the remakes of Midship and -Yoink-?
Don’t -Yoink- about one if you’re not going to -Yoink- about the other -_-

Overgrowth or whatever doesn’t even look at all like Plaza…

I think all the sets of maps you listed are completely different. Eden and Empire are aesthetically similar. Plaza and overgrowth have some similar aesthetic elements. Truth and Regret don’t look at all alike. Gameplay wise? All pretty unique. There are similarities between the pairs, and I recognize that immediately, but not for a second have I felt like they’re just copies or lazy in any way. They all play so differently to me. especially Plaza and Overgrowth. The two are hardly similar in design beyond aesthetic and the general tight spaces feel.

> 2533274816503648;13:
> > 2676692992815546;9:
> > > 2533274970658419;8:
> > > You are so entitled, everything is FREE CONTENT!!! They don’t owe you anything. Truth and regret are completely separate maps, they bare no resemblance to each other. Same goes for Eden and Empire. And with more FREE CONTENT I will enjoy more remixes and forge maps.
> > >
> > > Sarcasm, by the way.
> >
> >
> > you;re silly. its free b/c it took them 5min to make it with next to no effort. Bungie charged b/c they created master pieces whereas 343 created something in half the time bungie did. Plus this game is so flawed and full of bugs and regressions its not even funny. And only idiots will pay money for half -Yoinked!- crap like these -Yoink- maps that were just released. So ya, I better get these maps for free to make of for 343’s lack of skill in while creating this bug filled game. If they charged, people will be even more pissed, so I think this is a way of saying thanks for hanging in there with our flawed product. So dont call people out about complaining about a half -Yoinked!- product, b/c it really is half -Yoinked!- and us expert gamers do notice when things get half -Yoinked!-, and yes these maps were. And its not that we’re soooo entitled its that we have standards, especially for the game that saved the xbox and the game that basically set the standards for others, so ya I have high expectations for the game that started it all not entitlements. Get it straight.
>
>
> I find these maps rather upsetting. 1. You say truth and regret have no resemblance to one another. I am certain you’re alone on this one. Identical maps one the ship was in its prime and the other the ship crashed and became overgrown.
>
> 2. I get the free content I do. They make more money off chumps willing to spend 100$ of req packs as opposed to you buying a season pass. Or 4 or 5 people buying req packs here and there.
> 3. HOW DARE they say new maps! give us something new don’t try and polish a turd and call it new.
> 4. I would rather pay for a season pass knowing that maps are brand new and original (even though flawed at release BF4 they released quality content) came out with huge maps then sectioned them off for smaller plays rather than have certain maps for certain types.

Did you actually read what I wrote?? Lol, thanks for the laugh though.