Launch Problems

Great job 343, another messed up launch.
While I could already play the game since i downloaded it two days ago my wife who downloaded it a month ago needs to completely reinstall it due to a duck up on your end.
First the disc players being online for several hours early and now that?
Trust is fading with each new game release.
Don´t forget it´s the long term fans carrying the franchise and they only endure so much (MCC).
With a slow internet connection this can take up until tomorroe.
Am i exaggerating or can anyone relate?
I mean we bought a second console (hell even the first one was only for the MCC) and took vacation just for another disappointment.

Update: 3 hours later I´m at 30 percent. I guess we have to call it a (unsatisfying) night.

To all those who can relate thanks and we´ll see you tomorrow.
Good fight, good night.

Last Update: 10 Hours and we are at 95 percent so the two days off (one each) were a waste.
See y´all on the virtual battlefield soon.

Okay, see you on the game later then. :slight_smile:

> 2533274875127938;1:
> Great job 343, one more messed up launch.
> While I could already play the game since i downloaded it two days ago my wife who downloaded it a month ago needs to completely reinstall it due to a duck up on your end.
> First the disc players being online for several hours early and now that?
> Trust is fading with each new game release.
> Don´t forget it´s the long term fans carrying the franchise and they only endure so much (MCC).
> With a slow internet connection this can take up until tomorroe.
> Am i exaggerating or can anyone relate?
> I mean we bought a second console (hell even the first one was only for the MCC) and took vacation just for another disappointment.

You had to re-install the game and that somehow equates to a botched launch… I’ve seen it all on these forums now

> 2533274856274009;3:
> > 2533274875127938;1:
> > Great job 343, one more messed up launch.
> > While I could already play the game since i downloaded it two days ago my wife who downloaded it a month ago needs to completely reinstall it due to a duck up on your end.
> > First the disc players being online for several hours early and now that?
> > Trust is fading with each new game release.
> > Don´t forget it´s the long term fans carrying the franchise and they only endure so much (MCC).
> > With a slow internet connection this can take up until tomorroe.
> > Am i exaggerating or can anyone relate?
> > I mean we bought a second console (hell even the first one was only for the MCC) and took vacation just for another disappointment.
>
>
> You had to re-install the game and that somehow equates to a botched launch… I’ve seen it all on these forums now

Illuminate confirmed :slight_smile:

I don’t see how it was a fault on their end. Sounds like you didn’t download the full game. If not, well, I hardly think this counts as a “messed up launch”.

> 2533274875127938;1:
> Great job 343, another messed up launch.
> While I could already play the game since i downloaded it two days ago my wife who downloaded it a month ago needs to completely reinstall it due to a duck up on your end.
> First the disc players being online for several hours early and now that?
> Trust is fading with each new game release.
> Don´t forget it´s the long term fans carrying the franchise and they only endure so much (MCC).
> With a slow internet connection this can take up until tomorroe.
> Am i exaggerating or can anyone relate?
> I mean we bought a second console (hell even the first one was only for the MCC) and took vacation just for another disappointment.

JUST RESTART DO NOT REINSTALL IT WILL FIX SAME HAPPENED TO ME

I’m worried that my Halo 5 console will not be ready tonight. I’m pretty p.o’ed that 343 did a horrible job supporting folks that bought the console.

> 2533274827167643;5:
> I don’t see how it was a fault on their end. Sounds like you didn’t download the full game. If not, well, I hardly think this counts as a “messed up launch”.

If you predownloaded before september 21st you will run into that problem.
343 even admit its a fault on their end due to an update that does not download if you have pre downloaded the game to early. Thats why i could play but my wife can´t even though the game file is 58 gb in size.

> 2535405845434027;6:
> > 2533274875127938;1:
> > Great job 343, another messed up launch.
> > While I could already play the game since i downloaded it two days ago my wife who downloaded it a month ago needs to completely reinstall it due to a duck up on your end.
> > First the disc players being online for several hours early and now that?
> > Trust is fading with each new game release.
> > Don´t forget it´s the long term fans carrying the franchise and they only endure so much (MCC).
> > With a slow internet connection this can take up until tomorroe.
> > Am i exaggerating or can anyone relate?
> > I mean we bought a second console (hell even the first one was only for the MCC) and took vacation just for another disappointment.
>
>
> JUST RESTART DO NOT REINSTALL IT WILL FIX SAME HAPPENED TO ME

I tried restarting countless times, it didnt work for me…

Don’t jump the gun on hating 343i
It sounds like it messed up on your end.

Lol. Recruits are silly

“I screwed up my download and it’s your fault 343”

“I crashed my car and it’s your fault Chevy”

Here is what has happened to me I checked the download size as instructed on the site to do it was 58gigs and then when it finally got to release time it would not launch so I looked at the file size again and it dropped to 129mb so I have to reinstall it again rather then play the game I have prepaid for and pre downloaded to play at launch time just for this to happen and if they told me to uninstall it and re download before launch I would not be waiting to play the game I would be playing it when We as a loyal fan paid full price the moment We could pre order it

this should not be happening

I m furious that they BOTCHED up the digital version of the game, I preordered several months ago saw the warning about the need to reinstall the digital purchase but it mentioned if under 40 gb.

Mine was 58 gb, thought ah whew safe!!!

Colour me EXTREMELY frustrated when 12:01 am GMT came and went, said I needed an update, 55 gb or something, now 3% one and half later.

This isn’t a way reward fans who preordered and pre downloaded in good faith, they SHOULD have enabled a fix, either directly inform purchasers to download it again or automatically delete and reinstall.

This isn’t a great start.

You won’t earn m trust as easily 343 Industry and MS.

Golf clapping

> 2533274846483350;10:
> Don’t jump the gun on hating 343i
> It sounds like it messed up on your end.

I don´t hate them I´m just a dissapointed customer.
And it is on their end like many forums prove.
It´s due to an update that they didn´t impliment on the earlier downloads and that was not available for single download requiring to download the full game with update in one session. Ergo their fault.

> 2533274798098396;13:
> Here is what has happened to me I checked the download size as instructed on the site to do it was 58gigs and then when it finally got to release time it would not launch so I looked at the file size again and it dropped to 129mb so I have to reinstall it again rather then play the game I have prepaid for and pre downloaded to play at launch time just for this to happen and if they told me to uninstall it and re download before launch I would not be waiting to play the game I would be playing it when We as a loyal fan paid full price the moment We could pre order it
>
> this should not be happening

Thank you.
I´m not mad this happened I´m mad because they didn´t tell people to redownload like a week ago or so.
Now it´s a little to late

> 2533274875127938;16:
> > 2533274798098396;13:
> > Here is what has happened to me I checked the download size as instructed on the site to do it was 58gigs and then when it finally got to release time it would not launch so I looked at the file size again and it dropped to 129mb so I have to reinstall it again rather then play the game I have prepaid for and pre downloaded to play at launch time just for this to happen and if they told me to uninstall it and re download before launch I would not be waiting to play the game I would be playing it when We as a loyal fan paid full price the moment We could pre order it
> >
> > this should not be happening
>
>
> Thank you.
> I´m not mad this happened I´m mad because they didn´t tell people to redownload like a week ago or so.
> Now it´s a little to late

They did tell people…

> 2533274913936758;12:
> “I screwed up my download and it’s your fault 343”
>
> “I crashed my car and it’s your fault Chevy”

You obviously don´t know anything about the topic and should inform yourself before posting random comments.
There is an issue on the gamefile which is clearly not created by me or am i the entire 343 staff?
And if the breaks on your car aren´t working properly then it probably is the manufacturers fault.
Just a thought.

> 2533274875127938;16:
> > 2533274798098396;13:
> > Here is what has happened to me I checked the download size as instructed on the site to do it was 58gigs and then when it finally got to release time it would not launch so I looked at the file size again and it dropped to 129mb so I have to reinstall it again rather then play the game I have prepaid for and pre downloaded to play at launch time just for this to happen and if they told me to uninstall it and re download before launch I would not be waiting to play the game I would be playing it when We as a loyal fan paid full price the moment We could pre order it
> >
> > this should not be happening
>
>
> Thank you.
> I´m not mad this happened I´m mad because they didn´t tell people to redownload like a week ago or so.
> Now it´s a little to late

They said something last week. It’s all about you though I guess.

> 2533274799527886;11:
> Lol. Recruits are silly

Guess why I´m still recruit?
Because the game needs to be downloaded again whilst many others are doing exactly the same which is really not benefiting the downloadspeed.
So how does the mistake on 343s side make me silly?