Last words...

Hey guys, today is a good day to say goodbye!
Okay RvB references aside, this will be my last post on this forum until Halo 5 launches, so I don’t get spoiled from leaked content and other stuff.
So now is my last chance to share all the things I want to share.
If you just want to read the goodbye part, jump to the last paragraph.

Thoughts/Opinions:

• Overall art design -> I really like how Halo 5 changed from the plastic like look of many parts of Halo 4 to a somewhat darker, more metallic look.

• Spartan abilities -> Actually I’m surprised how good they fit into Halo’s gameplay, they feel smooth and balanced. Additionally they changed one aspect that always bothered me while playing Halo: Why are Spartans just jumping around like bunnies, walking as slow as a 90year old and lack the ability to move smoother?

• Weapons -> After playing Warzone at GC, I can promise you the sandbox feels a lot more balanced, but I didn’t got to try all of them so this could be wrong.

• Vehicles -> Honestly I don’t know what to think about them… Some (Banshee) feel a little weak while others seem a lot more like something that is worth getting (Mantis/Phaeton). I like vehicular combat a lot so vehicles have to be a little op for me to like them (like the Halo Reach banshee/scorpion) and Halo Reach did that perfectly.

• Customization -> Yeah since I’m a bit of a customization fetishist Halo Reach is my favorite,because you could make your Spartan like a real soldier (com equipment/ammo/knives/realistic colors) instead of a power ranger without combat attachments (Halo 4). Since H5 seems to follow Halo 4’s pattern (excluding colors, they seem to look fine post-beta) I was a little dissemination but we’ll have to wait and see until we could judge.

• Different versions of vehicles/weapons -> Short version: As long as it’s just for Warzone I’m fine with it and like the idea but I need to see it in it’s final version…

• E-sport focus -> Hm I never liked those super competitive settings in Halo, since Halo was more about fun to me. But to each their own…

Warzone Vehicle variants ideas:

• Red team Warthog: RvB paintjob, playing this song it’s playing in the RvB episodes

• Needler Ghost: If you played Halo CE’s custom edition a lot you know it, otherwise search for it. It’s worth the time.

• Halo CE rocket warthog

• AA wraith

Last words:

I would like to say thanks, to the whole community and 343 for answering questions, discussing both interesting and pointless topics and some nice matches in Multiplayer.
Farewell guys and Happy Haloing (:

> 2533274931864540;1:
> - Spartan abilities -> Actually I’m surprised how good they fit into Halo’s gameplay, they feel smooth and balanced. Additionally they changed one aspect that always bothered me while playing Halo: Why are Spartans just jumping around like bunnies, walking as slow as a 90year old and lack the ability to move smoother?

Spartans have always had very fast walk speed in halo.

> 2533274931864540;1:
> Hey guys, today is a good day to say goodbye!
> Okay RvB references aside, this will be my last post on this forum until Halo 5 launches, so I don’t get spoiled from leaked content and other stuff.
> So now is my last chance to share all the things I want to share.
> If you just want to read the goodbye part, jump to the last paragraph.
>
> Thoughts/Opinions:
>
> - Overall art design -> I really like how Halo 5 changed from the plastic like look of many parts of Halo 4 to a somewhat darker, more metallic look.
>
> - Spartan abilities -> Actually I’m surprised how good they fit into Halo’s gameplay, they feel smooth and balanced. Additionally they changed one aspect that always bothered me while playing Halo: Why are Spartans just jumping around like bunnies, walking as slow as a 90year old and lack the ability to move smoother?
>
> - Weapons -> After playing Warzone at GC, I can promise you the sandbox feels a lot more balanced, but I didn’t got to try all of them so this could be wrong.
>
> - Vehicles -> Honestly I don’t know what to think about them… Some (Banshee) feel a little weak while others seem a lot more like something that is worth getting (Mantis/Phaeton). I like vehicular combat a lot so vehicles have to be a little op for me to like them (like the Halo Reach banshee/scorpion) and Halo Reach did that perfectly.
>
> - Customization -> Yeah since I’m a bit of a customization fetishist Halo Reach is my favorite,because you could make your Spartan like a real soldier (com equipment/ammo/knives/realistic colors) instead of a power ranger without combat attachments (Halo 4). Since H5 seems to follow Halo 4’s pattern (excluding colors, they seem to look fine post-beta) I was a little dissemination but we’ll have to wait and see until we could judge.
>
> - Different versions of vehicles/weapons -> Short version: As long as it’s just for Warzone I’m fine with it and like the idea but I need to see it in it’s final version…
>
> - E-sport focus -> Hm I never liked those super competitive settings in Halo, since Halo was more about fun to me. But to each their own…
>
> Warzone Vehicle variants ideas:
>
> - Red team Warthog: RvB paintjob, playing this song it’s playing in the RvB episodes
>
> - Needler Ghost: If you played Halo CE’s custom edition a lot you know it, otherwise search for it. It’s worth the time.
>
> - Halo CE rocket warthog
>
> - AA wraith
>
> Last words:
>
> I would like to say thanks, to the whole community and 343 for answering questions, discussing both interesting and pointless topics and some nice matches in Multiplayer.
> Farewell guys and Happy Haloing (:

See you on the 27th!

> 2533274866682248;2:
> > 2533274931864540;1:
> > - Spartan abilities -> Actually I’m surprised how good they fit into Halo’s gameplay, they feel smooth and balanced. Additionally they changed one aspect that always bothered me while playing Halo: Why are Spartans just jumping around like bunnies, walking as slow as a 90year old and lack the ability to move smoother?
>
>
> Spartans have always had very fast walk speed in halo.

Yeah right they walked fast, I just wrote that because I didn’t want to stretch the text too much. What I wanted to say is, that I wondered why they just walked?! I mean from a lore standpoint Spartans were running faster than any other human being from their first days and when you thought about that while playing the game you just felt super slow.
I just didn’t got the sense of why Spartans were deemed to walk at the same speed no matter what, we even saw master chief sprinting in multiple cutscenes, so I had the impression to be extremely slow while controlling him and just being able to walk around.

My problem is more an imagination one and not a gameplay one, it just didn’t make sense for me to move that way.

But this is not a sprint discussion and it shouldn’t become one, it’s just a last conversation with the rest of the community.

> 2533274848599184;3:
> > 2533274931864540;1:
> > Hey guys, today is a good day to say goodbye!
> > Okay RvB references aside, this will be my last post on this forum until Halo 5 launches, so I don’t get spoiled from leaked content and other stuff.
> > So now is my last chance to share all the things I want to share.
> > If you just want to read the goodbye part, jump to the last paragraph.
> >
> > Thoughts/Opinions:
> >
> > - Overall art design -> I really like how Halo 5 changed from the plastic like look of many parts of Halo 4 to a somewhat darker, more metallic look.
> >
> > - Spartan abilities -> Actually I’m surprised how good they fit into Halo’s gameplay, they feel smooth and balanced. Additionally they changed one aspect that always bothered me while playing Halo: Why are Spartans just jumping around like bunnies, walking as slow as a 90year old and lack the ability to move smoother?
> >
> > - Weapons -> After playing Warzone at GC, I can promise you the sandbox feels a lot more balanced, but I didn’t got to try all of them so this could be wrong.
> >
> > - Vehicles -> Honestly I don’t know what to think about them… Some (Banshee) feel a little weak while others seem a lot more like something that is worth getting (Mantis/Phaeton). I like vehicular combat a lot so vehicles have to be a little op for me to like them (like the Halo Reach banshee/scorpion) and Halo Reach did that perfectly.
> >
> > - Customization -> Yeah since I’m a bit of a customization fetishist Halo Reach is my favorite,because you could make your Spartan like a real soldier (com equipment/ammo/knives/realistic colors) instead of a power ranger without combat attachments (Halo 4). Since H5 seems to follow Halo 4’s pattern (excluding colors, they seem to look fine post-beta) I was a little dissemination but we’ll have to wait and see until we could judge.
> >
> > - Different versions of vehicles/weapons -> Short version: As long as it’s just for Warzone I’m fine with it and like the idea but I need to see it in it’s final version…
> >
> > - E-sport focus -> Hm I never liked those super competitive settings in Halo, since Halo was more about fun to me. But to each their own…
> >
> > Warzone Vehicle variants ideas:
> >
> > - Red team Warthog: RvB paintjob, playing this song it’s playing in the RvB episodes
> >
> > - Needler Ghost: If you played Halo CE’s custom edition a lot you know it, otherwise search for it. It’s worth the time.
> >
> > - Halo CE rocket warthog
> >
> > - AA wraith
> >
> > Last words:
> >
> > I would like to say thanks, to the whole community and 343 for answering questions, discussing both interesting and pointless topics and some nice matches in Multiplayer.
> > Farewell guys and Happy Haloing (:
>
>
> See you on the 27th!

I hope so, always happy to play with waypointers! :slight_smile:

By the name of this post, I thought someone was dying! I’m glad that’s not the case, but I was worried for a sec.

I just wish we all could turn back the clock 20 or more years so the rampant spoilers everywhere wouldn’t happen. I mean too many things today have zero mystery, reveals, or unannounced plot twists (I’m looking at you Terminator Genisys). It’s to the point where burying your head in the sand, locking your self in solitary confinement, and walking around everywhere you go with your fingers in your ears is the only way to avoid this madness.

See you! only 2 months to go :smiley:

> 2535442460223691;7:
> See you! only 2 months to go :smiley:

Two months… We’ll never make it. The anticipation will drive us insane.

> 2533274946184160;5:
> By the name of this post, I thought someone was dying! I’m glad that’s not the case, but I was worried for a sec.

o-0 oh sorry for the misleading title :\

> 2533274839169051;6:
> I just wish we all could turn back the clock 20 or more years so the rampant spoilers everywhere wouldn’t happen. I mean too many things today have zero mystery, reveals, or unannounced plot twists (I’m looking at you Terminator Genisys). It’s to the point where burying your head in the sand, locking your self in solitary confinement, and walking around everywhere you go with your fingers in your ears is the only way to avoid this madness.

Yeah you’re totally right, I recall a time (like 10 years ago) where you just went into films, played games and viewed some tv series without knowing the end before launch.
I bought Halo CE without knowing anything about it besides that it’s a FPS, made by Bungie and takes places in the future and it was the most intense Halo experience (besides Noble 6’s and Cortana’s death) I ever had.
This current trend of putting major plot points in trailers and showing off all features before things are even out kind of ruins the experience itself…
For sure people want to know what they are buying because there’s a lot of cheap -yoink- out there, but an experience is way more intense if you really experience it for the first time, but the only way to do so is to cut all connections to said product and wait till it’s out…

I kinda miss the old days…

> 2535442460223691;7:
> See you! only 2 months to go :smiley:

Yeah 2 months under a rock just to not get spoiled :smiley: 2 months, 2 long months :-\