Last update made the AR useless... Again.

When I first played halo 4 on the night of the launch I was happy. In fact I was actually surprised, because for once (since Halo CE) the AR was not only a good gun, but it was on pair with the DMR if you knew how to wield it. And I PRASIED 343i for their… Understanding that this gun that has been in the entire series(save halo2) should have its own place in the multiplayer experience. Other then being used as the first switch-out for something that was better then nothing(nothing meaning the AR). Every game since 3 the AR has been underpair, until now.
For the past month the AR has been my weapon of choice. At first I was inclined to use my old friend the carbine, but as I kept getting out gunned by the longer range DMR on complex I had to change tactics. Since I had been using the DMR for all of reach I was sick of the damn thing and so i tried my luck with the AR(BR has similar range as carbine so no luck there). And as I kept overwhelming campers on the mid rooftop with CQC and getting double kills with one magazine I realized that this gun that I was holding in my virtual hands was now MY GUN.
siiiiiiigh Alas my fantasy of finally destroying DMR and BR users alike with a weapon that was always s*** on and abused by every player was only a tease. A short haiku in the sweet poem that is halo, my favorite FPS.

The problem: at Launch the AR could take down shields with around 12 shots, maybe 15. That’s more than half the mag still left to kill your enemy or move onto another threat with out reloading. With controlled bursts you could out BR someone with the AR. DMR was back and forth, depending on the users skill. Same with carbine. LR was the same as BR. And Supessor was mostly too faraway to do any real damage before you sunk your teeth in.
A MONTH later, I am now having to reload the AR after every one on one fight or just needing to reload after their shield have dropped; and from a distance… Well I’d rather use the plasma pistol’s default fire. Before I’m even seeing a person’s shield high flare(low shields but not out) I am being out BR and DMR from 10 feet away.
Idk maybe with the time span of a day I’ve went from 15+ each game to -13 each. Meaning I just now suck. But if you are having the same problem as me, well you are not alone. And something is very wrong. And if this was a nurf, then I’d have to say that halo 4 multiplayer has now turned into reach. Has turned into something I hated but played because Hey why not? Right? What is Fun anyways…

There were no updates to the game to change the assault rifle’s attributes. If there was an update that did this, it would be a mandatory game update. People are simply getting better at the game, and the invisible skill tracking system is matching you with people who know what to do against an assault rifle

There was an update?

You mean “par,” not “pair.”

Also, the AR hasn’t changed. It has always been the same amount. I checked all of the numbers to kill people with all of the weapons and none of them have changed since the game came out. The AR still kills in 16 rounds, which is exactly 50% of the mag.

I suggest using Dexterity, it greatly benefits the AR.

To kill a fully shielded spartan it take 16 bullets(half a mag) 8 for shield, 8 for body.

Um…the last update didn’t do anything to the AR unless I missed something. I use it often and have hardly any problems taking anyone down. Here is the list of changes from the last update:

• Fixed scripting issues in Regicide
• Fixed exploit locations on Solace
• Fixed KotH on Complex
• Fixed Mantis spawn timer on Meltdown
• Made late joining improvements to Join in Progress in all game types
• Reduced the window for Join in Progress in Slayer game types
• Made improvements to Join in Progress for uneven starts

No changes where made to any weapons.

Has a bad game with the AR

Logs on to forums

Man why did they nerf the AR so much? What the heck guys?!

I have no idea what you are talking about. The Assault Rifle is still a good gun at close range. The only guns that could counter an Assault Rifle is a Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, SAW, Fuel Rod Cannon, Scattershot or Incineration Cannon.

The AR needs to be nerfed a bit, or the BR needs to be a 4SK again. Right now, the BR is pretty much useless.

Well that’s impressive, mainly because there’s been no update

> The AR needs to be nerfed a bit, or the BR needs to be a 4SK again. Right now, the BR is pretty much useless.

Fail to see how the BR is useless…
It’s actually very impressive how balanced all the different types of weapons are.

The Assault Rifle wins in short range (as it should).

The battle rifle is slightly easier to use than the DMR at mid range since there’s no bloom, resulting in a slightly slower, but more reliable 5 shot kill.

The DMR is the best for long range since you can use the bloom to your advantage and pace your shots then accurately hit the head on the 5th shot. Trying to use the battle rifle at long range makes just as much sense as using an automatic weapon; not what it was designed for.

The light rifle has a high risk/ high reward system. When scoped it has a 4 hit kill but at a slightly slower firing rate, so if you miss a shot you’ve lost.

Similarly, the carbine has the fastest kill time but requires that you hit all 8 shots.

To nerf any of the main loadout weapons would require completely re-balancing the system. If your strategy isn’t working like it used to, try a different gun.

> The AR needs to be nerfed a bit, or the BR needs to be a 4SK again. Right now, the BR is pretty much useless.

No on both of those. The BR is not useless just need to use it in it’s intended range and if you make it a 4sk it would kill all Autos, and the AR is only really good in close range and if you are out of its range the AR can only really damages you of if your like me you burst it.

honestly i dont see why anyone that can aim would like this gun. it should be worse

The only gun which needs a serious change in the Carbine. Seriously that gun is weak a hell.

> The only gun which needs a serious change in the Carbine. Seriously that gun is weak a hell.

The AR has never been useless in previous Halo games and they took out burst fire for Halo 4 when they removed bloom.

There has been no update to the game, unless they changed the weapon damage or resistance in each playlist without anybody noticing.

I’m a Slayer Pro player, an Avid precision rifle user and yesterday I started using the Assault rifle just to Troll. I’ve been getting 3:1 K/D Ratios in Slayer Pro, I just got an Overkill with the Assault rifle, the Assault Rifle is fine, just get better at the game, I.e use crouch shotting, jump shotting, and Ghandi hopping.

> The AR has never been useless in previous Halo games and they took out burst fire for Halo 4 <mark>when they removed bloom.</mark>
>
> There has been no update to the game, unless they changed the weapon damage or resistance in each playlist without anybody noticing.

I think someone took your money for a game you think is Halo 4.

Gandhi hop ftw