Last spartan in the corner

didn’t 343 say they wanted to avoid people camping in the new game mode, they did a terrible job of that

23 Likes

Legitimately, this sums up the new mode. People camping like it’s call of duty. As soon as they get the AR they just sit hiding and letting others die

16 Likes

As soon as I complete my 10 free “Interference” tiers, I’m never playing this mode again. It just combines two things I dont like (FFA and BR) into something I really hate and struggle to find entertaining.

28 Likes

Haven’t noticed any campers in like 5 matches, and even when it becomes common I don’t think it will ruin the gamemode for me.

6 Likes

Last game I played someone just camped over a bonus XP point the whole game picking off anyone that tried to collect it.

6 Likes

Not one match I have played has finished with the player with the most kills winning. In fact, in many of them the winner has at least 4-5 kills less than the highest slayer

5 Likes

Agreed. I see what they were going for with this mode and I will say I’ve had a bit of fun with it today, but I’m already really getting put off by the amount of camping and other obnoxious behaviors this mode seems to encourage (the “pocketable” Active Camo and Overshields are nightmarish get out of jail free cards in this). On top of it all, it’s built to shutout the players with the fewest kills the fastest by steadily decreasing their odds (increasing the power of their opponents’ loadouts) throughout the match. I understand it’s an elimination mode, but that first spawn loadout is just flat out not well equipped against any of the others (which in turn also encourages camping for cheap kills).

I’d like to complete the event pass but I’m a bit worried that having to play that much of Last Spartan Standing will put me off the mode for months to come, if not permanently. Didn’t think this mode would be my thing to begin with but it’s frustrating to see the fun intention behind it only for annoying playstyles to dominate and turn it into a frustrating mess.

8 Likes

They’re going to be stuck with pistols if they just camp the entire round. You don’t get better weapons till you start leveling your character up by getting kills or collecting bonus EXP.

Grenades and equipment must be acquired, as you don’t start with either of them.

2 Likes

i don’t think they care when they have 5 more lives

8 Likes

That’s me in the corner
That’s me in the spot… light
Holding my position
And I don’t want to move

Oh no here comes the zone
The other Spartans won’t leave me alone

16 Likes

That danger zone needs to close much faster.

13 Likes

I thought that I heard you shooting
I thought that I heard you slide
I think I thought I saw you die

10 Likes

the game type needs to be shot into the sun

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m not a huge fan. I’ve played like three games and I’m already tired of the same map.

8 Likes

They could possibly speed this part up. As it stands it only kicks in when lives start getting low. Probably kicks in after a set amount of time passes too.

Sound actually does become very valuable when the motion tracker is disabled. I usually hear people before I actually see them, unless they’re running out in the open for whatever reason.

2 Likes

just won a game by sitting in one spot this mode is a joke

6 Likes

The game mode’s just not for me. Its been fun to try and experiment with but when a lot of my games so far has come down to the case of Last Spartan Cornering I just don’t see myself coming back to this game mode when the event if finished.

6 Likes

Best part, if you want your weekly reward, you’re gonna have to play it all over again next week! It goes for 2 weeks straight.

This is the kind of crap that gets produced when they listen to Twitch streamers.

9 Likes

Yes but the equipment spawns everywhere at very high rates.

1 Like

Don’t lump twitch streamers into this. It’s BR fanboys that wanted something like this.

3 Likes