LASO alone without dieing

has anyone ever done that?

Yes, quite a few people. Tyrant has a thread and group on b.net about it all.

I did Halo 3 SLASO but haven’t attempted ODST or Reach yet.

I attempted Reach SLASO. I beat Winter Contingency, ONI Sword Base, Nightfall and Tip of the Spear. But then came long Night of Solace that sure beat me. I attempted to go aroumd it and try Exodus, but after losing my order, I lost the purpose at the same time.

I still have my thread in the Mythic group, although it has expired ages ago and can’t be updated anymore. Maybe someday I will regroup myself and go for Long Night of Solace. After all, I even once got all the way through to the bridge and got to my way back, but got killed by the last Elite in the cannon room.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=48774681

Reach’s Mythic thread (LASO, no deaths, no save/quit, scoring on)

I’ve completed a few, but those temp my patience more than anything in this world. I’ve never been more pissed off than I get during laso’s.

How come nobody ever mentions Halo 2 here when speaking of all skulls on? Before 343 or this website existed we called it SLASO, coined by SonicJohn. It would be a pretty big deal to beat H2 Solo Legendary All Skulls On because nobody has ever done it and proved it. Heh, it’s like it doesn’t exist here and it makes me curious.

I read a statement in the General Discussion forums concerning the IGN partnership, that up to date no one has beaten Halo on LASO.

Here’s the thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/16506.aspx?PageIndex=4.Scroll down and you’ll see it mentioned.

<4

> I read a statement in the General Discussion forums concerning the IGN partnership, that up to date no one has beaten Halo on LASO.
>
> Here’s the thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/16506.aspx?PageIndex=4.Scroll down and you’ll see it mentioned.
>
> <4

Errr… I think you need to reread that. It says all Halos except for Halo 2 have been conquered on Mythic (aka Legendary + all skulls on + no deaths/saves), and he’s right. As far as I know, Halo 2 has indeed been conquered on LASO but it has yet to be done on Mythic Difficulty which adds in the no-dying factor.

> > I read a statement in the General Discussion forums concerning the IGN partnership, that up to date no one has beaten Halo on LASO.
> >
> > Here’s the thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/16506.aspx?PageIndex=4.Scroll down and you’ll see it mentioned.
> >
> > <4
>
> Errr… I think you need to reread that. It says all Halos except for Halo 2 have been conquered on Mythic (aka Legendary + all skulls on + no deaths/saves), and he’s right. As far as I know, Halo 2 has indeed been conquered on LASO but it has yet to be done on Mythic Difficulty which adds in the no-dying factor.

It is impossible on most levels.

It seems Outskirts is feasible if you skip most battles, so I’ve heard from Grumpy.

The first part of Metropolis is doable without dying but at the part with the Gauss Warthog, that’s where things can go wrong.

I’m not sure if sword flying works on cloaked enemies, but if it does, MisterMonopoli may be able to do Uprising.

Finally, Cairo Station. That is certainly impossible. Unless someone can find a way to glitch past the first hangar, it can’t be done. Getting Johnson there takes around 2-3 hours.

> > I read a statement in the General Discussion forums concerning the IGN partnership, that up to date no one has beaten Halo on LASO.
> >
> > Here’s the thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/16506.aspx?PageIndex=4.Scroll down and you’ll see it mentioned.
> >
> > <4
>
> Errr… I think you need to reread that. It says all Halos except for Halo 2 have been conquered on Mythic (aka Legendary + all skulls on + no deaths/saves), and he’s right. As far as I know, Halo 2 has indeed been conquered on LASO but it has yet to be done on Mythic Difficulty which adds in the no-dying factor.

Where’s the vid? Twice in the last 2 days I’ve read someone stating that H2 has been done coop…legendary all skull on, yet I’ve seen nothing to back it up. For seven years myself and others at the old HIH site have tried H2 SLASO (and coop) and we all got slaughtered so because I’ve spent my time in hell I’m asking for proof, a link or something.

YT has all the vids related to H2, if it’s been done it is on YT. Type in anything you want (Mythic, LASO, SLASO) for H3 or Reach and you come up with vids for the search. Search for Halo 2 Mythic, LASO or SLASO and you get zilch. I have to believe, with the amount of credit whores out there, that someone would have filmed it because it’s such a major undertaking.

The challenge has been out there for seven years, is anybody good enough? Beat H2 on Legendary with all skulls activated, either single player or coop. My personal opinion is that it will never be done. I will add that you cannot compare H2 SLASO with any other Halo Mythic or LASO until you go get all the skull and try it for yourself.

You will never forget the experience.

Grumpy

> > > I read a statement in the General Discussion forums concerning the IGN partnership, that up to date no one has beaten Halo on LASO.
> > >
> > > Here’s the thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/16506.aspx?PageIndex=4.Scroll down and you’ll see it mentioned.
> > >
> > > <4
> >
> > Errr… I think you need to reread that. It says all Halos except for Halo 2 have been conquered on Mythic (aka Legendary + all skulls on + no deaths/saves), and he’s right. As far as I know, Halo 2 has indeed been conquered on LASO but it has yet to be done on Mythic Difficulty which adds in the no-dying factor.
>
> Where’s the vid? Twice in the last 2 days I’ve read someone stating that H2 has been done coop…legendary all skull on, yet I’ve seen nothing to back it up. For seven years myself and others at the old HIH site have tried H2 SLASO (and coop) and we all got slaughtered so because I’ve spent my time in hell I’m asking for proof, a link or something.
>
> YT has all the vids related to H2, if it’s been done it is on YT. Type in anything you want (Mythic, LASO, SLASO) for H3 or Reach and you come up with vids for the search. Search for Halo 2 Mythic, LASO or SLASO and you get zilch. I have to believe, with the amount of credit whores out there, that someone would have filmed it because it’s such a major undertaking.
>
> The challenge has been out there for seven years, is anybody good enough? Beat H2 on Legendary with all skulls activated, either single player or coop. My personal opinion is that it will never be done. I will add that you cannot compare H2 SLASO with any other Halo Mythic or LASO until you go get all the skull and try it for yourself.
>
> You will never forget the experience.
>
>
> Grumpy

Of course you’ll find videos for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. Those are the only games in the franchise with File Share capabilities, online statistics, and video rendering provided by Bungie :stuck_out_tongue: Neither Halo CE nor Halo 2 had either, meaning you would need a capture card to record the films, and even then, it’s nearly impossible to see which skulls are on, and whether or not the box is modded due to lack of online stats. There is literally no way to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. However, it seems to be widely known that SonicJohn beat the game on “SLASO” awhile back (keeping in mind of course that in H2 SLASO, Iron does something entirely different, and therefore you are allowed to die in the mission as many times as you’d like, unlike Mythic Difficulty).

Do I have any personal desire to try and beat the game on SLASO or Mythic? Absolutely not. I despise the Halo 2 campaign, and quite frankly, particularly since I wouldn’t be able to prove my results to the world, it wouldn’t be worth the gray hairs, but anyone’s who’s willing to step up to the plate and give it a go certainly has my support.

> > > > I read a statement in the General Discussion forums concerning the IGN partnership, that up to date no one has beaten Halo on LASO.
> > > >
> > > > Here’s the thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/general/f/14/t/16506.aspx?PageIndex=4.Scroll down and you’ll see it mentioned.
> > > >
> > > > <4
> > >
> > > Errr… I think you need to reread that. It says all Halos except for Halo 2 have been conquered on Mythic (aka Legendary + all skulls on + no deaths/saves), and he’s right. As far as I know, Halo 2 has indeed been conquered on LASO but it has yet to be done on Mythic Difficulty which adds in the no-dying factor.
> >
> > Where’s the vid? Twice in the last 2 days I’ve read someone stating that H2 has been done coop…legendary all skull on, yet I’ve seen nothing to back it up. For seven years myself and others at the old HIH site have tried H2 SLASO (and coop) and we all got slaughtered so because I’ve spent my time in hell I’m asking for proof, a link or something.
> >
> > YT has all the vids related to H2, if it’s been done it is on YT. Type in anything you want (Mythic, LASO, SLASO) for H3 or Reach and you come up with vids for the search. Search for Halo 2 Mythic, LASO or SLASO and you get zilch. I have to believe, with the amount of credit whores out there, that someone would have filmed it because it’s such a major undertaking.
> >
> > The challenge has been out there for seven years, is anybody good enough? Beat H2 on Legendary with all skulls activated, either single player or coop. My personal opinion is that it will never be done. I will add that you cannot compare H2 SLASO with any other Halo Mythic or LASO until you go get all the skull and try it for yourself.
> >
> > You will never forget the experience.
> >
> >
> > Grumpy
>
> Of course you’ll find videos for Halo 3, ODST, and Reach. Those are the only games in the franchise with File Share capabilities, online statistics, and video rendering provided by Bungie :stuck_out_tongue: Neither Halo CE nor Halo 2 had either, meaning you would need a capture card to record the films, and even then, it’s nearly impossible to see which skulls are on, and whether or not the box is modded due to lack of online stats. There is literally no way to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. However, it seems to be widely known that SonicJohn beat the game on “SLASO” awhile back (keeping in mind of course that in H2 SLASO, Iron does something entirely different, and therefore you are allowed to die in the mission as many times as you’d like, unlike Mythic Difficulty).
>
> Do I have any personal desire to try and beat the game on SLASO or Mythic? Absolutely not. I despise the Halo 2 campaign, and quite frankly, particularly since I wouldn’t be able to prove my results to the world, it wouldn’t be worth the gray hairs, but anyone’s who’s willing to step up to the plate and give it a go certainly has my support.

SonicJohn did not beat Halo 2 SLASO as far as I know (I’ve been at B.net since 2005 and I know him personally) so no it is not proven nor widely known and to assume so is incorrect.

It’s easy to prove what skulls are used, you simply film getting them and there’s no breaks in the film. Film it all and that is that. Most of the accomplished players I know have a cc so that is really not an insurmountable obstacle.

Two personal friends of mine have beat H2 Legendary no deaths and filmed the whole thing but even those guys get waxed when all the skulls are on. If anyone is interested in the hardest challenge in Halo (imo), just play Cairo SLASO, you don’t have to film it, just do that one level and you will then know what H2 SLASO really means.

There are still two issues with your “proof”. The first is something I mentioned earlier. Modding. In Halo 2, you can swap your own health tag out for the Scorpion’s and it would be difficult to tell at first glance. And since XBL isn’t required, fear of autoban is evaporated.

Secondly, sure you can film all those things with a capture card, but that doesn’t mean that said player can’t splice up the film in Premiere to make it APPEAR that he/she did all that was required.

> There are still two issues with your “proof”. The first is something I mentioned earlier. Modding. In Halo 2, you can swap your own health tag out for the Scorpion’s and it would be difficult to tell at first glance. And since XBL isn’t required, fear of autoban is evaporated.
>
> Secondly, sure you can film all those things with a capture card, but that doesn’t mean that said player can’t splice up the film in Premiere to make it APPEAR that he/she did all that was required

It’s possible to mod the health for Halo 2 for Xbox, but for Halo 2 for Vista, there’s only one modding program Gravemind 1.5 and I have no idea how to mod Chief’s health. If I wanted to cheat, I would have made it so that he can’t die from damage (as a result, if I saved and quit after taking many shots and disabled it, any shot would kill me when I returned).

Well I don’t have such a program. Then again, one could easily pirate it.

But you have a good point there. Although there is another factor: credibility. If the player who claims to have completed it is someone recognizable and known to be honest, don’t you think the person’s claim needs to be investigated before dismissing his claim? So he provides the film. People who have expertise in this area could look through it to verify.

> There are still two issues with your “proof”. The first is something I mentioned earlier. Modding. In Halo 2, you can swap your own health tag out for the Scorpion’s and it would be difficult to tell at first glance. And since XBL isn’t required, fear of autoban is evaporated.
>
> Secondly, sure you can film all those things with a capture card, but that doesn’t mean that said player can’t splice up the film in Premiere to make it APPEAR that he/she did all that was required.

Oh, I see now, you’re the ‘The Quest For SLASO’ guy. Forgot about one of the games I see.

If anyone presents a clip of beating H2 SLASO I would submit it to SDA. It takes about 2 weeks and the vid is dissected by people who have the equipment to verify if there is any trickery involved. Any break in the film and they toss it out and call it fake.

To me, leaving H2 off your page is a reflection of how you feel about H2 CMP and no other reason.

So I challenge you other H3 and Reach Mythic pros out there:

Film activating all skulls and then film beating H2 SLASO, all in one sitting, no editing whatsoever
Submit the film to SDA for verification. Hell just film Cairo, only one level, it should be easy for you guys.

I also challenge 343 to recognize that you can play H2 SLASO and get verification.