Lasky's brother :(

Did anyone else feel like crying when we learn about Lasky’s older brother in Ep3?

It was done fantastically.
We see Lasky ominously watching videos his brother sent to him over these past 2 episodes, we learn to like his brother and we see why Lasky keeps watching them as he’s obviously the best person in his life.
Then we see a video of his brother troubled and crying after his friend died.
Then we learn that his brother died a few years ago, that was the worst bit.
What was worst was that it was his mother who sent the message.

I know this is rather vague, I just don’t want to think about it too much as I want to have that pity and sadness whenever I think of Lasky and his brother; but there’s a lot more than goes into it.

But well done, writers of FUD and 343; you got me.

I didn’t like his brother’s voice…

But yeah, that was pretty great. It added a new wrinkle of complexity to the story.

Man I felt so sorry for Thomas, his mother’s like a frigging android. She was emotionless.

> I didn’t like his brother’s voice…
>
> But yeah, that was pretty great. It added a new wrinkle of complexity to the story.

His brother was just a fantastic asset of Halo, shows the life of a Halo marine.

Imagine what his brother would be like if he didn’t die and is still alive by the end of Halo 3.

> <mark>I didn’t like his brother’s voice…</mark>
>
> But yeah, that was pretty great. It added a new wrinkle of complexity to the story.

It REALLY irritated me, his accent and his voice especially.

> Man I felt so sorry for Thomas, his mother’s like a frigging android. She was emotionless.

Exactly!
That scene was amazing.

Also, I have a theory about his mother that she lied. I think Lasky’s older brother was killed by Covenant, not Innies. She looked away too when she was saying how he died.

Yeah, my jaw just dropped. I was like, “Oh, man…” Forward Unto Dawn is turning out to be a really intense series. I love it.

I knew he was dead ever since the first episode. It wasn’t a big secret.

Also, the dead bodies falling from the sky was creepy as hell.

Anyone notice Fred?

> > Man I felt so sorry for Thomas, his mother’s like a frigging android. She was emotionless.
>
> Exactly!
> That scene was amazing.
>
> Also, I have a theory about his mother that she lied. I think Lasky’s older brother was killed by Covenant, not Innies. She looked away too when she was saying how he died.

Yes exactly! It all seemed a bit rehearsed. God! I’m really loving FUD, it’s a shame it’s coming to an end. Next week’s episode looks so effing good!

> Man I felt so sorry for Thomas, his mother’s like a frigging android. She was emotionless.

I believe her seemingly emotionless expression was merely a facade for Thomas than anything else. The Colonel may have believed that showing her grief was a sight that wouldn’t serve to reinforce her ideals to instill loyalty to the UNSC cause and in his education as a Naval officer.

> Imagine what his brother would be like if he didn’t die and is still alive by the end of Halo 3.

Likely a Colonel or a general officer in the Marine Corps, which wouldn’t really help out Thomas as the executive officer of Infinity. Pardon my forwardness, however, but I believe that Cadmon’s death was incredibly beneficial to Tom’s growth into the man he’ll become during his time at Corbulo (the next couple episodes) and overall during the Great War.

> I knew he was dead ever since the first episode. It wasn’t a big secret.
>
> Also, the dead bodies falling from the sky was creepy as hell.
>
> Anyone notice Fred?

I’m guessing it was already revealed in the “Thursday War” huh? :wink:

I thought it was obvious that his Brother was dead from the start…

All the different messages he had from him which he just picked at random; the Vickers line in ep 2 and Kyla’s line in Ep 3 (“why do you torment yourself with these?”) etc.

Maybe it was just me.

> > > Man I felt so sorry for Thomas, his mother’s like a frigging android. She was emotionless.
> >
> > Exactly!
> > That scene was amazing.
> >
> > Also, I have a theory about his mother that she lied. I think Lasky’s older brother was killed by Covenant, not Innies. She looked away too when she was saying how he died.
>
> Yes exactly! It all seemed a bit rehearsed. God! I’m really loving FUD, it’s a shame it’s coming to an end. Next week’s episode looks so effing good!

We still have 2 episodes left. I wouldn’t call that coming to an end just yet. After this upcoming Friday, then we can say that… and I wish it wasn’t true. Good thing I kept my LE preorder, now I can watch the extended edition when I get it. I’ll get the physical copy of the movie later.

> I knew he was dead ever since the first episode. It wasn’t a big secret.

^— it was kinda a dead give away in the 2nd episode(no pun intended) before the fight with laskey and vickers, when vickers said “at least one of your mom’s sons is coming home” or something along those lines

They said no remains were found, I wonder…

> Did anyone else feel like crying when <mark>we learn about Lasky’s older brother in Ep3?</mark>
>
> It was done fantastically.
> We see Lasky ominously watching videos his brother sent to him over these past 2 episodes, we learn to like his brother and we see why Lasky keeps watching them as he’s obviously the best person in his life.
> Then we see a video of his brother troubled and crying after his friend died.
> Then we learn that his brother died a few years ago, that was the worst bit.
> What was worst was that it was his mother who sent the message.
>
> I know this is rather vague, I just don’t want to think about it too much as I want to have that pity and sadness whenever I think of Lasky and his brother; but there’s a lot more than goes into it.
>
> But well done, writers of FUD and 343; you got me.

Actually Vickers mentioned in the second episode “it must be a shame for your mother, knowing her real son is never coming home” which sparked off the fight. So I cannot say that i am surprised. Although I am a little suspicious of when the officer was talking to Lasky about his bother in the message, the camera focused on her eyes which looked away at something like a script. Maybe ONI is hiding something, longshot i know but i’m just suspicious.

> They said no remains were found, I wonder…

Also a curious fact…

> I thought it was obvious that his Brother was dead from the start…
>
> All the different messages he had from him which he just picked at random; the Vickers line in ep 2 and Kyla’s line in Ep 3 (“why do you torment yourself with these?”) etc.
>
> Maybe it was just me.

Don’t worry you weren’t the only one.

> > > > Man I felt so sorry for Thomas, his mother’s like a frigging android. She was emotionless.
> > >
> > > Exactly!
> > > That scene was amazing.
> > >
> > > Also, I have a theory about his mother that she lied. I think Lasky’s older brother was killed by Covenant, not Innies. She looked away too when she was saying how he died.
> >
> > Yes exactly! It all seemed a bit rehearsed. God! I’m really loving FUD, it’s a shame it’s coming to an end. Next week’s episode looks so effing good!
>
> We still have 2 episodes left. I wouldn’t call that coming to an end just yet. After this upcoming Friday, then we can say that… and I wish it wasn’t true. Good thing I kept my LE preorder, now I can watch the extended edition when I get it. I’ll get the physical copy of the movie later.

Same, I’ve had this order since June. I can’t wait till November!

in one of the episodes they hinted that he was dead some one said something to Lasky and if you paid attention it sounded like he died. all the people fell from the sky and i liked that blonde chick to bad she had to be spoiled and try to cut everyone :stuck_out_tongue: