Larger explosions are disapointing

Is it just me that thinks the larger explosions of like cruisers and stuff from the campaign and in spartan ops are something to be laughed at for how poorly they have been done? The first mission where the Dawn fired the missile into the cruiser, (apart from the fact the missile flies sideways?) i found the explosion something to be laughed at, and then there was a spartan ops mission (i cant remember which) which made me think that they were improving them, but then in guns of infinity (7:4 of spartan ops) when they blow up the cruiser in that i found it yet again a massive let down, i think that they really need work as they are supposed to be big events then they are just massive letdowns, anyone else think this?

i think it’s a reasonable sacrifice for how good the rest of the game looks

Also, remember just how old the Xbox 360’s hardware is now.

I don’t know about the spartan ops but I know the explosion in the campaign you are referring to and my first reaction was just “What the hell was that? Are you serious ?” It looked liked the covenant cruiser came apart rather than explode lol

I completely agree. The big explosions are -Yoinking!- laughable. The one in campaign looked like some neck beard nerd made it on his gaming PC is his parents basement. Considering the graphics in the rest of the campaign there is NO excuse for this. Remember how amazing Reaches cruiser explosions were? 343 has nothing on bungie where cinematics are concerned in my opinion.

Thank you! I’m so glad I’m not the only one that notices this.

But yes, the bigger explosions look really sloppy. Remember when the UNSC Savannah was destroyed in Halo Reach? I would just gaze at dat explosion. That explosion stands for superior than any of H4’s.

And of course there are no more explosions in Grifball, which is saddening. That was one of my main incentives when I had the ball, to blow things up. That’s another thing I like about Bungie, they love explosions. Sadly, 343 does not.

> Is it just me that thinks the larger explosions of like cruisers and stuff from the campaign and in spartan ops are something to be laughed at for how poorly they have been done? The first mission where the Dawn fired the missile into the cruiser, (apart from the fact the missile flies sideways?) i found the explosion something to be laughed at, and then there was a spartan ops mission (i cant remember which) which made me think that they were improving them, but then in guns of infinity (7:4 of spartan ops) when they blow up the cruiser in that i found it yet again a massive let down, i think that they really need work as they are supposed to be big events then they are just massive letdowns, anyone else think this?

Yeah, they’re a bit disappointing, but what can you do :confused:

Like I said before it’s like these Cruisers are made of paper.

yeah the explosions are just puny

Explosions, Slipspace Portals, and Gravity Lift effects just don’t look very good in Halo 4. They’re not terrible, but it just seems out of place compared to how good the rest of the game looks.

> I don’t know about the spartan ops but I know the explosion in the campaign you are referring to and my first reaction was just “What the hell was that? Are you serious ?” It looked liked the covenant cruiser came apart rather than explode lol

IIRC Covenant spacecraft are modular. They’re designed to come apart, and can deliberately detach components. It sorta makes sense that one would just come apart rather than shattering.

I agree that it’s certainly less visually impressive, but it seems a bit more true to (what little I myself know of) the lore.

The explosion of the Scarab in halo ODST was probably my favorite.

> > I don’t know about the spartan ops but I know the explosion in the campaign you are referring to and my first reaction was just “What the hell was that? Are you serious ?” It looked liked the covenant cruiser came apart rather than explode lol
>
> IIRC Covenant spacecraft are modular. They’re designed to come apart, and can deliberately detach components. It sorta makes sense that one would just come apart rather than shattering.
>
> I agree that it’s certainly less visually impressive, but it seems a bit more true to (what little I myself know of) the lore.

I don’t think 343 was aiming for accuracy. People like explosions. Bigger is better, even if they are from alien ships.

Welp when Halo 5 comes out we will hopefully have amazing explosions. Imagine a sort of firefight mode where after 10-20 modes they drop in scarrabs or something or one of those harvasters and you ahve to take them down on a bigger maps and stuff.

The explosions are lackluster but this is an issue on more games than just Halo.

It amazes me how great Halo 4 looks, games on the 360 have come a long way. I can’t wait for the new Xbox.

Would combustion reactions occur normally in areas with obviously low oxygen levels? I honestly don’t know since I have very little knowledge on the chemistry involved in combustion reactions in “low” oxygen environments, let alone nuclear explosions in such environments. I don’t even know if we have directly observed “low” oxygen combustion reactions. It seems as though we tend to favor preventing them in the first place. Really would a “magnificently” large explosion in “low” oxygen environments be accurate? I sure don’t know.

bungie had better artists imo

Yup, they’re pretty pathetic.

The way the covenant vehicles explode is incredibly lame, especially the Ghosts and the Phantoms. They always fall apart in the exact, same way, like small blocks of lego.

The plasma balls that the Wraiths fire are very weedy too.

> Thank you! I’m so glad I’m not the only one that notices this.
>
> But yes, the bigger explosions look really sloppy. Remember when the UNSC Savannah was destroyed in Halo Reach? I would just gaze at dat explosion. That explosion stands for superior than any of H4’s.

That is a great clip, and watching it reminds me of all the things that are missing in the Halo 4 campaign.

The music, the characters, and the voices are all so much better in Reach.

> bungie had better artists imo

Why are you writing in blue??