Large Scale Multiplayer

What is everyone’s feelings towards large scale multiplayer games on halo? Are people excited at the potential on infinite given the power of next gen, or would you rather they mainly focused on smaller lobbies such as slayer etc? Personally I love the idea of huge battles like that you see on Star wars battlefront or Battlefield, massive teams competing for control of multiple strong points, could even make it a fight between 3 different factions (although unprobable I’d love some flood gameplay) with the potential for vehicular warfare with a plethora of UNSC, covenant and modified vanished vehicles.

I would love to have the option of both. Like CoD. Meaning you’d have to own the game to play Slayer, CTF, Bomb, etc but large scale Warzone could be free to play.

Halo at it’s core is an arena-shooter. So having the classic 4v4, Slayer, CTF, Assault, etc is very important. Halo is at it’s truest when it’s 4v4 gameplay. However, as we’ve seen with BTB games and Warzone and such, large-scale Halo modes are something that could be built upon to create a unique and fun large scale multiplayer experience. I think that the holy trinity for the highest peak of Halo multiplayer, that is online matchmaking, is this.
Firefight (PvE)
Large Scale (Warzone, BTB)
Small Scale (Arena, Social)
And obviously aside from that we need the other bits like custom games, Forge, Theater, etc. I think that keeping the old-school formula for Halo, the 4v4 Arena, without adding and building upon it to make a larger scale experience, especially with the hardware most of us are working with, is a sin.

Arena is a must, but so is an improved BTB experience. It’s time to evolve combat!

Its honestly a terrible idea, at least for mainline Halo titles. The sandbox is just fundamentally not built to accommodate large scale gameplay and in order to make it work that way you would have to change it so much that you would erode the identity of mainline Halo games.

Of course that doesn’t mean that you couldn’t build a large scale game set in the Halo universe, I would love to see a Battlefield scale game set in the Halo universe, I just don’t see any reason to try and stuff that experience into a main Halo title. All you are going to do is hold back both the large scale experience and the core Halo experience.

A large scale Halo game should be built from the ground up for that large scale experience not hastily bolted on to the main series. There is a reason that “competitive” small scale Battlefield has never taken off, and that is because it is built around being a large scale multiplayer experience. Point being you can’t just change the player count to any significant degree while still maintaining the quality of both experiences.

> 2535419140858601;1:
> What is everyone’s feelings towards large scale multiplayer games on halo? Are people excited at the potential on infinite given the power of next gen

Halo Infinite is still going to be running on older consoles. So the “next gen” capability will only go so far. Mainly performance upgrades rather than scale of the game.

I do believe Infinite will be pushing the bar for Halo multiplayer and will be bringing new and exciting things like bigger maps and higher player counts though I can’t say I’m expecting anything super next gen and mind blowing.

Id love to see a big team mode with a higher player count and more vehicles. Something to really make me feel like I’m in a crazy battle. Imagine Warzone but amped up and without REQS & bases.

I’m hoping arena stays super fun, unique maps that aren’t remixes of other maps in the game already. New environments with some more interactive elements like we saw in the H2A maps.

I love both and hope they bring both to the multiplayer. I love the idea of vehicle warfare but also just some casual super fiesta and slayer.

If the mode isnt just Halo Infinites version of RejectedShotguns nodded gamemode in reach, then 343 has failed us.

I feel that 16 players is too many to organise… and if you had more (over bigger maps) at some stage it all becomes redundant.

And you risk ending up with all the players descending into the same (now) over-crowded areas.

I’m all for using a more immersive battlefield - so you feel you are part of a bigger picture - but not so much for huge numbers in the play space.

I am excited for the bigger lobbies, after all, it wont hurt the slayer modes because it wont replace them

I’m pretty sure they’ll be making some kind of BTB 2.0 and it’ll be like supply drops too in it. Such as vehicle drops that come from pelicans and whatever else

> 2535419140858601;1:
> What is everyone’s feelings towards large scale multiplayer games on halo? Are people excited at the potential on infinite given the power of next gen, or would you rather they mainly focused on smaller lobbies such as slayer etc? Personally I love the idea of huge battles like that you see on Star wars battlefront or Battlefield, massive teams competing for control of multiple strong points, could even make it a fight between 3 different factions (although unprobable I’d love some flood gameplay) with the potential for vehicular warfare with a plethora of UNSC, covenant and modified vanished vehicles.

Count me in. I have been wanting bigger scale Halo multiplayer games for years. I would love the option to play a 64 v 64 UNSC v Covenant / Banished game. Maybe a conquest mode or even a Battle Royale. I still play smaller game types but options are always good.

> 2533274819446242;4:
> Its honestly a terrible idea, at least for mainline Halo titles. The sandbox is just fundamentally not built to accommodate large scale gameplay and in order to make it work that way you would have to change it so much that you would erode the identity of mainline Halo games.
>
> Of course that doesn’t mean that you couldn’t build a large scale game set in the Halo universe, I would love to see a Battlefield scale game set in the Halo universe, I just don’t see any reason to try and stuff that experience into a main Halo title. All you are going to do is hold back both the large scale experience and the core Halo experience.
>
> A large scale Halo game should be built from the ground up for that large scale experience not hastily bolted on to the main series. There is a reason that “competitive” small scale Battlefield has never taken off, and that is because it is built around being a large scale multiplayer experience. Point being you can’t just change the player count to any significant degree while still maintaining the quality of both experiences.

That’s probably the best way to go about it actually, have it as a standalone game so that’s the only focus rather than the 100 other things we would all like to see along side it. Never thought about it that way, kudos.

> 2592250499819446;11:
> > 2535419140858601;1:
> > What is everyone’s feelings towards large scale multiplayer games on halo? Are people excited at the potential on infinite given the power of next gen, or would you rather they mainly focused on smaller lobbies such as slayer etc? Personally I love the idea of huge battles like that you see on Star wars battlefront or Battlefield, massive teams competing for control of multiple strong points, could even make it a fight between 3 different factions (although unprobable I’d love some flood gameplay) with the potential for vehicular warfare with a plethora of UNSC, covenant and modified vanished vehicles.
>
> Count me in. I have been wanting bigger scale Halo multiplayer games for years. I would love the option to play a 64 v 64 UNSC v Covenant / Banished game. Maybe a conquest mode or even a Battle Royale. I still play smaller game types but options are always good.

Oh yeah I definely wouldn’t want any classic smaller modes to be replaced by any means, especially for players who don’t have too long to play at a time the smaller modes are essential.
I think if I had the choice I’d choose a conquest mode rather than royale, although all the hype is there currently I just feel myself like I need a game I enjoy to head in a different direction, there isn’t too much choice on the market other than royale currently.

Seems like a mixed response then, personally I am open to the idea of it, potentially as a stand alone game as someone suggested would be best.

I still think it would be an awesome idea to see them implement something similar to the Aliens Vs Predator game, a little campaign for each, UNSC, covenant, flood.
The multiplayer would be diverse as hell and make everyone have to adapt their play style every match, as each faction brings something different to the fight, the unsc could earn points to call a spartan, and the covenant could call hunters, the flood have to work the way up from infection forms to juggernaut forms. I think it could work really well with 8v8v8 but that’s just my opinion

> 2535419140858601;13:
> > 2592250499819446;11:
> > > 2535419140858601;1:
> > > What is everyone’s feelings towards large scale multiplayer games on halo? Are people excited at the potential on infinite given the power of next gen, or would you rather they mainly focused on smaller lobbies such as slayer etc? Personally I love the idea of huge battles like that you see on Star wars battlefront or Battlefield, massive teams competing for control of multiple strong points, could even make it a fight between 3 different factions (although unprobable I’d love some flood gameplay) with the potential for vehicular warfare with a plethora of UNSC, covenant and modified vanished vehicles.
> >
> > Count me in. I have been wanting bigger scale Halo multiplayer games for years. I would love the option to play a 64 v 64 UNSC v Covenant / Banished game. Maybe a conquest mode or even a Battle Royale. I still play smaller game types but options are always good.
>
> Oh yeah I definely wouldn’t want any classic smaller modes to be replaced by any means, especially for players who don’t have too long to play at a time the smaller modes are essential.
> I think if I had the choice I’d choose a conquest mode rather than royale, although all the hype is there currently I just feel myself like I need a game I enjoy to head in a different direction, there isn’t too much choice on the market other than royale currently.

For sure. I always try to see more than one side of every story. Evolution is essential for games imo. I prefer bigger scale battles, I always have and I think that along with 4 v 4, 8 v 8 and Warzone Halo should have a 32 v 32 or 64 v 64 etc. How about a 64 v 64 Warzone with vehicles and no reqs ? I hope it happens in some form in Halo Infinite.

> 2592250499819446;15:
> > 2535419140858601;13:
> > > 2592250499819446;11:
> > > > 2535419140858601;1:
> > > > What is everyone’s feelings towards large scale multiplayer games on halo? Are people excited at the potential on infinite given the power of next gen, or would you rather they mainly focused on smaller lobbies such as slayer etc? Personally I love the idea of huge battles like that you see on Star wars battlefront or Battlefield, massive teams competing for control of multiple strong points, could even make it a fight between 3 different factions (although unprobable I’d love some flood gameplay) with the potential for vehicular warfare with a plethora of UNSC, covenant and modified vanished vehicles.
> > >
> > > Count me in. I have been wanting bigger scale Halo multiplayer games for years. I would love the option to play a 64 v 64 UNSC v Covenant / Banished game. Maybe a conquest mode or even a Battle Royale. I still play smaller game types but options are always good.
> >
> > Oh yeah I definely wouldn’t want any classic smaller modes to be replaced by any means, especially for players who don’t have too long to play at a time the smaller modes are essential.
> > I think if I had the choice I’d choose a conquest mode rather than royale, although all the hype is there currently I just feel myself like I need a game I enjoy to head in a different direction, there isn’t too much choice on the market other than royale currently.
>
> For sure. I always try to see more than one side of every story. Evolution is essential for games imo. I prefer bigger scale battles, I always have and I think that along with 4 v 4, 8 v 8 and Warzone Halo should have a 32 v 32 or 64 v 64 etc. How about a 64 v 64 Warzone with vehicles and no reqs ? I hope it happens in some form in Halo Infinite.

A 64 v 64 game is the dream, reqs were the bane of my life because I really don’t like pay to win and they came dangerously close. I’m sure they will atleast have some kind of mode bigger than 12 v 12

I really like the idea of this! I liked the way star wars battlefront 2 took the fights, but I also think we should have the smaller maps aswell, so then there will be game modes for the classic game mode styles and then big team battle but bigger! kinda how you described it! my idea of something like that: warzone but no REQ points and every one has access the same weapons, vehicles, ground forces and air forces! and instead of spawning vehicles, they aer just sitting there ready for use! I imagine like 15 mongooses (gunner and not gunner), 10 warthogs, 5 air vehicles, 1 tank, and etc on each side ready for use when every one spawns and they respawn over time.

edit: and i forgot to mention… ofc we need the one… the only…

Prepare your self

you ready?

T H E F O R K L I F T

I just hope BTB can live up to the beauty that was Halo 4 BTB.