Lagginess- WARNING

I don’t know if you guys are experiencing this, but I am along with a couple of my friends on XBL whom I messaged about this. Matchmaking for Reach is very laggy at times, and for the past 2 weeks, it has said WARNING for my upstream bandwidth status (that you can check on Halo: Reach). I just got a new modem installed, the Internet on all of our computers runs just fine, I even tried a new cat5e Ethernet cable, and it still says WARNING. Oh and I also hooked up my Xbox at my friend’s house, and it still says it.

Are any of you guys going through this? Are the servers overloaded because of summer break?

> I don’t know if you guys are experiencing this, but I am along with a couple of my friends on XBL whom I messaged about this. Matchmaking for Reach is very laggy at times, and for the past 2 weeks, it has said WARNING for my upstream bandwidth status (that you can check on Halo: Reach). I just got a new modem installed, the Internet on all of our computers runs just fine, I even tried a new cat5e Ethernet cable, and it still says WARNING. Oh and I also hooked up my Xbox at my friend’s house, and it still says it.
>
> Are any of you guys going through this? Are the servers overloaded because of summer break?

My guess is, you installed the new modem in your own home. If you have your Xbox 360 at your friend’s home, with the new modem not being there, then it is probably your friend’s connection setup. Happy Fourth of July.

Check who you are playing with. More often than not I get matched up with players from Columbia, Italy, Germany, Mexico and Ireland. All of these places having atrocious connections.

> > I don’t know if you guys are experiencing this, but I am along with a couple of my friends on XBL whom I messaged about this. Matchmaking for Reach is very laggy at times, and for the past 2 weeks, it has said WARNING for my upstream bandwidth status (that you can check on Halo: Reach). I just got a new modem installed, the Internet on all of our computers runs just fine, I even tried a new cat5e Ethernet cable, and it still says WARNING. Oh and I also hooked up my Xbox at my friend’s house, and it still says it.
> >
> > Are any of you guys going through this? Are the servers overloaded because of summer break?
>
> My guess is, you installed the new modem in your own home. If you have your Xbox 360 at your friend’s home, with the new modem not being there, then it is probably your friend’s connection setup.

Yeah, but the modem has nothing to do with it. With or without it, it still said WARNING.

> Check who you are playing with. More often than not I get matched up with players from Columbia, Italy, Germany, Mexico and Ireland. All of these places having atrocious connections.

I’m sure I’ve played with people from these places the whole time I’ve had Reach or my 360, but all of a sudden literally overnight it said my upstream bandwidth was suboptimal.

Upstream bandwidth has nothing to do with MM, most people’s is moderate or warning.

> Upstream bandwidth has nothing to do with MM, most people’s is moderate or warning.

Okay, it just said that it could affect gameplay online. And it has been laggy at times. Mine used to say Excellent, then it slowly went down to Warning.

> > Upstream bandwidth has nothing to do with MM, most people’s is moderate or warning.
>
> Okay, it just said that it could affect gameplay online. And it has been laggy at times. Mine used to say Excellent, then it slowly went down to Warning.

Upstream affects co-op FF and campaign, not MM, if I recall correctly.

The most important setting for matchmaking is your NAT.

> > > Upstream bandwidth has nothing to do with MM, most people’s is moderate or warning.
> >
> > Okay, it just said that it could affect gameplay online. And it has been laggy at times. Mine used to say Excellent, then it slowly went down to Warning.
>
> Upstream affects co-op FF and campaign, not MM, if I recall correctly.
>
> The most important setting for matchmaking is your NAT.

Upstream affects MM to on any online game with p2p, if the Host who is selected has realy bad upstream then he/she most likely will give all the other players way to high ping which results in lag aka red-yelow bar.

> > Upstream bandwidth has nothing to do with MM, most people’s is moderate or warning.
>
> Okay, it just said that it could affect gameplay online. And it has been laggy at times. Mine used to say Excellent, then it slowly went down to Warning.

As it say in the net history its a long-term overview so all network changes with the bandwith you do will show up later on in the review history Nat typ will get detected no mater what. At start i had green on everything but as time went on and the game/console recorded my connection/host history it went down to average on upstream, which seems about right due to 10Mb upstream and 13 in Ping 50 miles away is not that good, especialy if other players live realy far away from me and i get host.