Lagged players and banning casual games

Is it fair to be banned in casual games, focused research, for not wanting to play with other lagged players? Why don’t you stop lagged players from playing? Why do I have to play with other players teleporting through maps? Doesn’t this ruin the experience of other players? If there are no players with a good connection, wouldn’t it be more honest to simply report that there are no players? Why don’t you let me choose the server location?

I don’t think it is ethical to punish other players for their connection, banning players that lag seems like a very unfair idea. The problem is that with halo 5 being 5 years old at this point there is a lot less players playing the game, meaning you are more likely to pair with a player with a bad connection. It’s just something that happens in gaming and there is not much to do about it. If you have been banned its likely because you have been leaving games, regardless of the reason regularly leaving games results in a temporary ban.

If player’s connections are bad enough they actually do get banned.

> 2533275001522797;3:
> If player’s connections are bad enough they actual do get banned.

I’ve learned that the hard way

It’s actually client based, meaning what internet they have. Sometimes their internet will seem fine, once they start lagging and glitching around, I recommend you leave that game and check your connection.

“I don’t think it is ethical to punish other players for their connection”. I understand you. But I’m talking about banning when in casual games. There should be a way to choose which ping you want to play on, and only play with those pings. It is horrible to see the player survive the rocket launche, survive the shotgun … Discouraging you when you need seven rifle shots to kill one, while you yourself die with just two shots. It should return to the region lock, or, at least, a way to activate it; because, unfortunately, some countries break the connection. Definitively I’m not asking you to stop anyone from playing, I’m asking you to choose who to play with. I went back to halo 5 by launching halo infinite, but infinite itself was delayed. I believe that, unfortunately, there will only be Battle Royale left … Kind of game that I don’t like personally.

> 2535455670998189;1:
> Is it fair to be banned in casual games, focused research, for not wanting to play with other lagged players? Why don’t you stop lagged players from playing? Why do I have to play with other players teleporting through maps? Doesn’t this ruin the experience of other players? If there are no players with a good connection, wouldn’t it be more honest to simply report that there are no players? Why don’t you let me choose the server location?

Honestly, I feel plagued with this sometimes myself. Like…there are threads about heavy aim where players are basically like

“Heavy aim? What is that? Bro you probably just were having an off day.”
"5 years in. Never experienced it. "

Yet tons of us get these random matches filled with
-laggy players
-ghost bullets doing no damage
-map switching you back and forth between 2 locations to the point where In the end you’re walking into a wall being shot at
-unbearable heavy aim that some players feel and some don’t (don’t ask me how that works)
Etc…you get the point.

This is definitely happening. I watch people play h5 on YouTube, and recently watched some of Snakebite’s videos where he not only talks about it, but deals with it…and it’s all during a tournament. He says 1 match he’s hitting all his shots, next match he can’t hit crap…which is funny because he brought up heavy aim in the same video earlier… He also brings up how his previous team mate lethul was upset the tournament was on console and not pc, and I think it lead him to not even participate. Not wanting to deal with stuff like that. They aren’t the only players to talk about it of course either.

So I definitely wish that the screen would just time out during a focused search and say “not enough players online.” I’d just hop off and do something else instead of becoming frustrated over such things.

I understand we don’t live in a perfect world, but I’d prefer that.

I don’t believe anyone should be banned for their connection though. If they lagg out to often, yes a ban is necessary. It will inevitably happen…but at the end of the day They just want to play the game as much as we do though…for us…I’d like that option to have a search timed out instead of playing a match riddled with problems.

Tbh, I feel like before…I experienced these problems less often, and actually did used to get that message with a red highlight saying something like can’t find match or something. Back then I recall searches taking longer, matches being more balanced, and experiencing less issues. So I played less matches in an hour, but the quality of those matches back then were better.

Is “lag switching” still a thing? I remember a-hole’s used to do that all the time in halo 3, and it was obvious too. They would Tbag and msg you after the game asking if you liked the lag.