Lag on new multi-team

Playing splitscreen multi-team with my fiancee and the frame lag is unbearable, on any map, not just the forge maps. What did 343i do to make the vanilla maps lag like this?

Sorry to hear about the lag issues. We haven’t changed anything on our side, so I’m not sure what could be causing that. Has anything changed with your connection recently?

> Playing splitscreen multi-team…

Here’s your issues:

1. you’re playing splitscreen in H4
  2. new multi-team has 12 players on smallish maps
  3. population is low which results in bad hosts more often
  4. you’re playing halo 4

> Playing splitscreen multi-team with my fiancee and the <mark>frame lag</mark> is unbearable, on any map, not just the forge maps.

A frame rate drop occurs when your device’s hardware is not good enough to keep up with all of the graphics being drawn. The symptom experienced is “choppiness” in displayed animations. This is a problem or limitation with your Xbox has nothing to do with your connection.

Lag occurs when communication between yourself and the host is either slow or unreliable. The symptoms experienced are controller inputs and shots not registering, players teleporting, and black screens. It is a problem or limitation with your or someone else’s connection and has nothing to do with your Xbox.

There is no such thing as frame lag, and terms like it are ambiguous and cause people to think the two issues are the same.

I believe you are describing a drop in frame rate. You can do the following to remedy this behavior:
[/li]- Power off your Xbox completely (meaning you should not hear the fans running; you may have to unplug it from power) and turn it back on.

• Turn it off for a while and place it in a cool spot to let it cool down.
  • Clear your cache.

Keep an eye out if it starts doing this with other games and not just Halo. It could mean that a hardware failure is imminent–I once had a 360 that would occasionally drop in performance, and I got an RRoD after a while.