Lag.... lag... lag... and LAG!

As i love the new maps, i cant find one game that dont lag (and i mean… NO game that dont LAG!)

My connection have allways been good… but today i dont know what is happening (but i no its not just me)

What do you thing about this? some games are just not even playable

> As i love the new maps, i cant find one game that dont lag (and i mean… NO game that dont LAG!)
>
>
> My connection have allways been good… but today i dont know what is happening (but i no its not just me)
>
> What do you thing about this? some games are just not even playable

Depends on where you are currently located. I’ve said this many times before but I hardly encounter any lag probably because I’m from North America where the majority of the Halo players live. I’m usually lucky to get others from my area and it plays smoothly for me. However, dedicated servers are the answer to reducing lag, which BF3 has I think.

I have been having Lag in say about 90% probably more of games today & I am very lucky to even start a game from the begining

I thought the same but it turned out my son was uploading to YouTube lol

After that the games were OK.

It’s not only the castle map pack, it’s every playlist for me. Also, is anyone else unable to join matchmaking at the moment?

Lag is insane today. I will not play this game under these conditions. Today is becoming quite disappointing and I was super excited about all the new features.

> It’s not only the castle map pack, it’s every playlist for me. Also, is anyone else unable to join matchmaking at the moment?

i can join… yea, rumble pit lags pretty much too :confused:

> > It’s not only the castle map pack, it’s every playlist for me. Also, is anyone else unable to join matchmaking at the moment?
>
> i can join… yea, rumble pit lags pretty much too :confused:

Dang, it’s probably just my crappy connection acting up again. As for the lag, I thought for a while there the lag was pretty much fixed…now it has returned.

> > > It’s not only the castle map pack, it’s every playlist for me. Also, is anyone else unable to join matchmaking at the moment?
> >
> > i can join… yea, rumble pit lags pretty much too :confused:
>
> Dang, it’s probably just my crappy connection acting up again. As for the lag, I thought for a while there the lag was pretty much fixed…now it has returned.

looks like that :frowning: annoying!!

> As i love the new maps, i cant find one game that dont lag (and i mean… NO game that dont LAG!)
>
>
> My connection have allways been good… but today i dont know what is happening (but i no its not just me)
>
> What do you thing about this? some games are just not even playable

That’s what happens when there is no option for “Prefer Good Connection” like REACH and Halo 3 had.

The Halo 3, didn’t work too well, but REACH custom search system worked very well.

I’m glad I’m not the only one, I thought I was just being really unlucky when I was trying out the Castle maps.

I had the same problem, actually. Every game I found lagged to a degree. It’s really weird because I very rarely lag in Halo 4. Not sure what it is.

I’ve been lagging a bit today as well, but I believe it’s because 2-3 other people have been on netflix in other rooms in the house constantly today.

It’s not just you. Myself and 2 friends (all on different connections) have been lagging for the past week or so.

It’s just unplayable. Everyday we login to try it, and we get constant black screens, red connections, searching for new hosts and dropouts.

We are all in UK, but this shouldn’t affect anything as there’s a large following here too.

All of our connections are fine and work perfectly on other games, so it’s the Halo 4 servers.

This is the only other post I’ve seen on the lag issue - I really cannot understand why! Almost every game we play has constant black screens where its searching for new hosts!

Same here OP, just random lag.

The thing is, halo never used to lag. Halo 3 never seemed to have crippling lag to me, and for a long time until 343 patched it, reach never lagged for me either. I don’t believe that servers are necessary, I play borderlands 2 with 4 players from around the world and about 30 or so AI on screen at any one point of time with no lag whatsoever, even when my two flatmates are using the net. I believe the problem is in the network code that 343 uses for matchmaking, it’s simply not good enough, spartan ops lags badly most days too.

Servers R necessary, especially long distance ones.ie Australia or something.
Console gaming without servers…still?

but Microsoft rather put that money in their pocket

> I had the same problem, actually. Every game I found lagged to a degree. It’s really weird because I very rarely lag in Halo 4. Not sure what it is.

this…

> The thing is, halo never used to lag. Halo 3 never seemed to have crippling lag to me, and for a long time until 343 patched it, reach never lagged for me either. I don’t believe that servers are necessary, I play borderlands 2 with 4 players from around the world and about 30 or so AI on screen at any one point of time with no lag whatsoever, even when my two flatmates are using the net. I believe the problem is in the network code that 343 uses for matchmaking, it’s simply not good enough, spartan ops lags badly most days too.

SO is a pain in the -Yoink- over LIVE

> It’s not just you. Myself and 2 friends (all on different connections) have been lagging for the past week or so.
>
> It’s just unplayable. Everyday we login to try it, and we get constant black screens, red connections, searching for new hosts and dropouts.
>
> We are all in UK, but this shouldn’t affect anything as there’s a large following here too.
>
> All of our connections are fine and work perfectly on other games, so it’s the Halo 4 servers.
>
> This is the only other post I’ve seen on the lag issue - I really cannot understand why! Almost every game we play has constant black screens where its searching for new hosts!

actually there have been quite a few posts about the lag, I experience some type of lag in every game I play on Halo 4 (none when playing unreal Tournament 3, Gears and borderlands, but then I think they have dedicated servers)