Lack of weapons/grenades on a few maps.

Why is there no grenades on Asylum and only 2 on Unanchored? I just think it’s weird when compare them to maps like Powerhouse; the grenade launcher building alone has 6 grenades surrounding it.

Also, why is there not a single DMR or Needle Rifle on the Sniper side of Uncaged, but the top middle structure has both rifles literally 2 feet from each other?

Because Bungie’s goal while designing and executing the Reach maps was to violate every rule of gameplay and map design as egregiously as they possibly could.

In all seriousness, who the hell knows. Hopefully all the default maps are given a proper weapon and spawn layout sometime in the not-so-distant future.

I hope that whomever is now in charge takes a really long hard look at all weapon placements across the board. Highlands for another example could use some tweaking, IMO.

Original Highlands was fine, it was ruined after everything got 3 minute respawn times with no extra clips, because the babies were complaining that they kept getting sniped when they ran around in the open for no reason.

They only problem I have with this is the lack of anti-vehicle weapons on maps that are vehicle based.

i hate how there are no grenades on Asylum. there used to be plasmas on Sanctuary but now we get a DMR instead. :frowning:

> They only problem I have with this is the lack of anti-vehicle weapons on maps that are vehicle based.

The DMR is an anti-vehicle weapon.

The Reach maps could actually be quite good if the weapon placement wasn’t just horribly thoughtless. Take Countdown: A medium sized map with lots of CQC as well as long range lines of sight. Power weapons: Sword and Shotgun. How on earth could this ruin the map and encourage camping? We need more skillful yet powerful weapons that actually work with the map. Countdown and Powerhouse could definitely use a sniper, Zealot could use a GL and/or a sniper and so one.

The maps play how they look like xD. We need more variety of weapons on weapons. And in all seriousness, the Plasma Repeater and Launcher need to be much stronger than now.

People think you shouldnt run out into the middle of the map? how come thats worked fine in every halo BEFORE now? valhalla, last resort, blood gulch, standoff, a bunch of halo 2 maps (never got the chance to play them) hangemhigh, etc

The choices and placement of power weapons, normal weapons and grenades is something that should be reconsidered. Most asymmetrical maps have the critical flaw of giving one team the advantage in power weapons. While that may be a part of asymmetry, weapons should be changed and moved to give that team less of an advantage. For example, on Powerhouse Red Team gets Noob Tube and a very-slightly-higher chance of getting Rockets. The Blue Team has the Focus Rifle. While the Rockets are still relatively neutral, the Noob Tube vs. Focus Rifle is a huge disadvantage, especially considering that Red also gets a DMR, Plasma Repeater, and 'nades really close to their spawn points. Case and point, weapon placement needs fixing.

> The Reach maps could actually be quite good if the weapon placement wasn’t just horribly thoughtless. Take Countdown: A medium sized map with lots of CQC as well as long range lines of sight. Power weapons: Sword and Shotgun. How on earth could this ruin the map and encourage camping? We need more skillful yet powerful weapons that actually work with the map. Countdown and Powerhouse could definitely use a sniper, Zealot could use a GL and/or a sniper and so one.

MLG Countdown has a sniper and rockets, MLG Zealot has a sniper and grenade launcher. The MLG version of both maps should be adopted ASAP. There is no MLG Powerhouse unfortunately although I have a few ideas of how that map could be improved.

> MLG Countdown has a sniper and rockets, MLG Zealot has a sniper and grenade launcher. The MLG version of both maps should be adopted ASAP. There is no MLG Powerhouse unfortunately although I have a few ideas of how that map could be improved.

I don’t think that an MLG version is always the best solution. Considering the close quarters and clumped nature of Countdown, the Rockets would be way too powerful, and the average sight line in that map makes sniping difficult. Zealot is similar, being small and close and as such a sniper would not be practical on that map either. The Grenade Launcher on that map, that’s a good idea. A better revision would be to keep the Concussion Rifle on Countdown, but as to the Shotgun - nerf its ammunition and spawn time as well as place it on the Sword’s spawn point (obviously removing the sword).

> > MLG Countdown has a sniper and rockets, MLG Zealot has a sniper and grenade launcher. The MLG version of both maps should be adopted ASAP. There is no MLG Powerhouse unfortunately although I have a few ideas of how that map could be improved.
>
> I don’t think that an MLG version is always the best solution. Considering the close quarters and clumped nature of Countdown, the Rockets would be way too powerful, and the average sight line in that map makes sniping difficult. Zealot is similar, being small and close and as such a sniper would not be practical on that map either. The Grenade Launcher on that map, that’s a good idea. A better revision would be to keep the Concussion Rifle on Countdown, but as to the Shotgun - nerf its ammunition and spawn time as well as place it on the Sword’s spawn point (obviously removing the sword).

Yeah I didn’t want to say “just use MLG version of the maps” because MLG doesn’t have weapons like AR, magnum, shotgun and sword. But MLG definitely knows how to place power weapons, also in H3 I loved the MLG versions of Pit, Narrows and Guardian while the standard versions sucked (i.e. Guardian: 1 Team gets sniper + OS other team gets shotgun, neutral camo and Hammer. That’s called balance people.)