Lack of Vehicle Play in BTB

Lack of vehicle play in BTB,
Vehicles are rarely available do to how they are dropped on the map one by one. As soon as the one new vehicle is announced half the team competes for it. Considering how big the maps are ,and the increase in team size, I think it would be best for the vehicles to be more easily available. It would give more players a chance to use them, and mix things up a whole lot. (Right know there’s a lot of running place to place.)
Also the vehicles that spawn in the map (not the ones dropped) are more spread out in the sides/ areas of the map were one would not be as likely to go.

The vehicle collision physics with the flag are too strong, when you hit the flag with a vehicle it slides like if it was on ice.

So far I like how the objective switches place which gives the gameplay a lot of variety, if not it would be the same constant push and choke points the whole match.
(Also the “In game score menu” needs a way to mute and report players.)

I spent most of my time on foot, going for objectives or looting the vaults. I did notice that the Vehicles felt like they were a little hard to come by and anything other than a Ghost or Warthog feels rare. How can we get more vehicles without it feeling like they’re all over the place? More frequent Pelican drops?

> 2533274882898126;2:
> How can we get more vehicles without it feeling like they’re all over the place? More frequent Pelican drops?

I think maybe if they were dropped more frequently it would solve the problem.
If they were to be dropped in sets of two or more, it would make for a big chaotic push, (this could be added at the end if it were to be added).
But overall I think the previous games had the system worked out, the vehicles would spawn frequently enough were one could use them, and weren’t (for the most part) that overwhelming. But I do like how know the spawns feel like a natural progression.

The other big issue are the vehicles are super super weak in this game. Small arms fire melts Warthogs and Banshees for example. Plus, its impossible to hit -Yoink- with the microscopic turret reticle, so even when they come around they’re immediately blown up.

> 2535433631659723;1:
> **Lack of vehicle play in BTB,**Vehicles are rarely available do to how they are dropped on the map one by one. As soon as the one new vehicle is announced half the team competes for it. Considering how big the maps are ,and the increase in team size, I think it would be best for the vehicles to be more easily available. It would give more players a chance to use them, and mix things up a whole lot. (*Right know there’s a lot of running place to place.)*Also the vehicles that spawn in the map (not the ones dropped) are more spread out in the sides/ areas of the map were one would not be as likely to go.
>
> The vehicle collision physics with the flag are too strong, when you hit the flag with a vehicle it slides like if it was on ice.
>
> So far I like how the objective switches place which gives the gameplay a lot of variety, if not it would be the same constant push and choke points the whole match.
> (Also the “In game score menu” needs a way to mute and report players.)

Yeah, Halo had vehicle spawning down pretty good! No idea why 343 decided to change this.
I haven’t seen 1 tank in over 10 games! BTB just feels like 4v4 but with a lot more walking around…

> 2535433631659723;3:
> > 2533274882898126;2:
> > How can we get more vehicles without it feeling like they’re all over the place? More frequent Pelican drops?
>
> I think maybe if they were dropped more frequently it would solve the problem.
> If they were to be dropped in sets of two or more, it would make for a big chaotic push, (this could be added at the end if it were to be added).
> But overall I think the previous games had the system****worked out, the vehicles would spawn frequently enough were one could use them, and weren’t (for the most part) that overwhelming. But I do like how know the spawns feel like a natural progression.

I agree with you. Especially in BTB with the number of players it has and the amount of power weapons available, the few vehicles that spawn get destroyed very easily.

BTB is in a weird place in general right now, 12v12 has a lot of promise, but the sheer chaos of it and the apparent randomness of vehicle and weapon drops makes it impossible to predict what you’re going to be up against over the next 60 seconds. In 3 and Reach’s BTB, you knew when vehicles were up or down and when power weapons were in play, and if you were good enough you could play around them or execute counterplay, respawns also seemed to be a bit more predictable. Infinite’s BTB is all over the place, and while that may be in part due to lack of map knowledge, I don’t find myself feeling like my deaths are entirely my fault a lot of the time. I’ll frequently win a gun fight only to have 2-3 players appear out of nowhere (made worse by the ludicrously short radar range) and melt me before I even know what’s going on, and one of them will have a power weapon that spawns generously at a seemingly random point on the map. It’s like I’m playing battlefield or CoD.

I’ve played 6 or 7 btb matches now and I’ve only seen the tank and wasp once. I don’t even know where they spawn. I’m not a big fan of waiting so late into the match to introduce them, it seriously limits opportunities for players to use these powerful vehicles.

I finally got to use the scorpion after 5 hours of playing. A kid on my team literally yelled “get out of my tank!” All mad because I got it and not him lol. So basically yes…the vehicles need to spawn more frequently. Also the pelican drop is cool and all but I would rather they just spawn at base.

> 2535417998238758;9:
> I finally got to use the scorpion after 5 hours of playing. A kid on my team literally yelled “get out of my tank!” All mad because I got it and not him lol. So basically yes…the vehicles need to spawn more frequently. Also the pelican drop is cool and all but I would rather they just spawn at base.

I think part of the problem is there’s just no consistency to how these vehicles spawn in, at least not that’s readily apparent.

They should not only deploy vehicles base on timer (10 minutes then heavier drops), but also base on score. If you set 100 for slayer, it should be 7 minutes or one side 50-60 kills, not 10 minutes only; for CTF it should be 2nd or 3rd flag of the game captured.

Just don’t know who sets this stupid BTB rule, a Warzone model, take out most of fun from this mode, no one in 343 could argue with this? Did you play BTB? Your last BTB maps is in Halo 4.

As it stands now, the gameplay is very balanced and if there’s a ranked BTB playlist this is how I would like it to operate.

Thing is though, in more casual/social BTB matches that’s not what I’m looking for. I want chaos, big explosions, and vehicular mayhem. I really think the game could benefit from separate ranked and casual BTB playlists when it launches. Ranked ones would run just like the matches we have in the flight, but for social I’d like to see matches where all the vehicles are available right from the get go. I want to be swerving through the map dodging tank blasts in a warthog as a banshee and wasp battle it out overhead. That’s BTB to me. In the flight, you might get like a minute or two of that kind of chaos right at the end if you’re lucky.

> 2533274813051932;10:
> > 2535417998238758;9:
> > I finally got to use the scorpion after 5 hours of playing. A kid on my team literally yelled “get out of my tank!” All mad because I got it and not him lol. So basically yes…the vehicles need to spawn more frequently. Also the pelican drop is cool and all but I would rather they just spawn at base.
>
> I think part of the problem is there’s just no consistency to how these vehicles spawn in, at least not that’s readily apparent.

There is no consistency it’s literally random and restricts vehicle usage which defeats the whole purpose of BTB. When I finally got the scorpion tank out of pure luck a ghost spawned in on the next drop.