Lack of Variety = Better Halo Experience

A few days ago I got to play Ragnorock 7 times consecutively it was a truly amazing Halo matchmaking experience the likes of which I have never seen before, it absolutely thrills me when I see it get voted for and can’t believe how many people are bashing the fact it appears so frequently. Ahhh… What a fantastic map, each time I play it I enjoy it more and more, especially if it’s over and over again. The same goes for Exile I just absolutely adore the lack of variety and for me, this is the way Halo should be played. I think 343i have really nailed it, this is what the community wants and I think I speak for EVERYONE when I say the LESS VARIETY the BETTER. Hopefully the original Valhalla will be included in the next map pack so we can all enjoy playing them both 24/7! Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.

To be honest, the less you put into the mix, the better the game is. I loved 1-3 and how simple it was. H4 is a little too complex, although its still fun.

Really hope they bring in a proper classic playlist, I don’t mind sprint so much, but gun flag, perks and load outs aren’t really what I want.

I always think 343 should look at team fortress 2 for example on how to make a game last. Not so much the micro transactions, but the fact that after 5 years the gameplay is still the same and it’s still being played loads!

> To be honest, the less you put into the mix, the better the game is. I loved 1-3 and how simple it was. H4 is a little too complex, although its still fun.
>
> Really hope they bring in a proper classic playlist, I don’t mind sprint so much, but gun flag, perks and load outs aren’t really what I want.
>
> I always think 343 should look at team fortress 2 for example on how to make a game last. Not so much the micro transactions, but the fact that after 5 years the gameplay is still the same and it’s still being played loads!

lmao for taking it seriously

> A few days ago I got to play Ragnorock 7 times consecutively it was a truly amazing Halo matchmaking experience the likes of which I have never seen before, it absolutely thrills me when I see it get voted for and can’t believe how many people are bashing the fact it appears so frequently. Ahhh… What a fantastic map, each time I play it I enjoy it more and more, especially if it’s over and over again. The same goes for Exile I just absolutely adore the lack of variety and for me, this is the way Halo should be played. I think 343i have really nailed it, this is what the community wants and I think I speak for EVERYONE when I say the LESS VARIETY the BETTER. Hopefully the original Valhalla will be included in the next map pack so we can all enjoy playing them both 24/7! Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.

lol excellent troll. nicely played sir! nicely played.

oops double post…

anyway ima gonna +1 rep you OP. thanks!

> Hopefully the original Valhalla will be included in the next map pack so we can all enjoy playing them both 24/7! Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.

Really? Regnorok is the closest we are ever going to get. We just need a classic playlist. Making AN EXACT remake of Valhalla will not that much different from Ragnorok at all. There is no point. It has been already done.

If you think you want less variety. Play halo 3 or a classic playlist. We need variety for custom games. If 343 cut AAs, loudouts, ordinance altogether, we will be going back into the dark ages and will get bad reviews on the less choices on gamepley.

I think it is time for you to face the fact that video games are changing and even though 343 are introducing a lot of gameplay features, they are trying to get it right rather than directly copying other games.

> > Hopefully the original Valhalla will be included in the next map pack so we can all enjoy playing them both 24/7! Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.
>
> Really? Regnorok is the closest we are ever going to get. We just need a classic playlist. Making AN EXACT remake of Valhalla will not that much different from Ragnorok at all. There is no point. It has been already done.
>
> If you think you want less variety. Play halo 3 or a classic playlist. We need variety for custom games. If 343 cut AAs, loudouts, ordinance altogether, we will be going back into the dark ages and will get bad reviews on the less choices on gamepley.
>
> I think it is time for you to face the fact that video games are changing and even though 343 are introducing a lot of gameplay features, <mark>they are trying to get it right rather than directly copying other games</mark>.

It’s a sarcasm thread. He’s done several of them.

Also on highligthed… wut?

> A few days ago I got to play Ragnorock 7 times consecutively it was a truly amazing Halo matchmaking experience the likes of which I have never seen before, it absolutely thrills me when I see it get voted for and can’t believe how many people are bashing the fact it appears so frequently. Ahhh… What a fantastic map, each time I play it I enjoy it more and more, especially if it’s over and over again. The same goes for Exile I just absolutely adore the lack of variety and for me, this is the way Halo should be played. I think 343i have really nailed it, this is what the community wants and I think I speak for EVERYONE when I say the LESS VARIETY the BETTER. Hopefully the original Valhalla will be included in the next map pack so we can all enjoy playing them both 24/7! Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Would love to see valhalla, Ragnarock and Exile to be the only maps in BTB, once valhalla is released.

From my threads I have deduced that roughly 50% of people are unable to detect sarcasm, interesting. It provides giggles but I don’t consider myself a troll (as several people have labeled me) it’s just my way of getting my point across, probably makes for a better read than the 100’s of generic I poorly written rant threads anyway…

> From my threads I have deduced that roughly 50% of people are unable to detect sarcasm, interesting. It provides giggles but I don’t consider myself a troll (as several people have labeled me) it’s just my way of getting my point across, probably makes for a better read than the 100’s of generic I poorly written rant threads anyway…

You’re the -Yoink- for not backing out, 7 times in a row is not happening unless you wanted to.

Funny thing is, you say that sarcastically, but for most players there are experiences that are great and then the rest are pretty poor. For me, Haven and maybe Solace are the only good Slayer maps. Every other map has tons of hideyholes to camp with the Boltshot or shotguns in. And with BTB, as you said, Ragnarok and Exile. I’m going to play what I enjoy and then stop when I get bored of it… playing sub-optimal experiences “for variety” is stupid. Previous Halo games have had a number of good maps, it isn’t our fault for voting for the only good maps in Halo 4, it is 343’s for not having other maps that are worth voting for.

> You’re the -Yoink!- for not backing out, 7 times in a row is not happening unless you wanted to.

Ok thanks, I appreciate your well worded response and will take this onboard.

> > Hopefully the original Valhalla will be included in the next map pack so we can all enjoy playing them both 24/7! Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed.
>
> Really? Regnorok is the closest we are ever going to get. We just need a classic playlist. Making AN EXACT remake of Valhalla will not that much different from Ragnorok at all. There is no point. It has been already done.
>
> If you think you want less variety. Play halo 3 or a classic playlist. We need variety for custom games. If 343 cut AAs, loudouts, ordinance altogether, we will be going back into the dark ages and will get bad reviews on the less choices on gamepley.
>
> I think it is time for you to face the fact that video games are changing and even though 343 are introducing a lot of gameplay features, they are trying to get it right rather than directly copying other games.

Wow. I mean really was the sarcasm not completely obvious for anyone else or am I being a huge jerk right now?

> Wow. I mean really was the sarcasm not completely obvious for anyone else or am I being a huge jerk right now?

You’re not a jerk. You’d be suprised at just how many people are completely oblivious to it. I just hope if by some miracle a member of 343 reads the OP they read it toungue in cheek otherwise week can expect a new playlist [Ragnorok 24/7] Population 50,000

Ok, I know sarcasm isn’t conveyed well over the internet guys but come on this was pretty obvious.

Simplistic games are the ones that last, not ones that keep adding and adding until it turned into cluster F.

Unreal, TF2, Mech Assualt, Halo CE, H2, Duke, etc.

All the good long lasting FPS games, the games with a select set of weapons allows the gameplay to be worked on more then all the EXTRAs.

> Simplistic games are the ones that last, not ones that keep adding and adding until it turned into cluster F.
>
> Unreal, TF2, Mech Assualt, Halo CE, H2, Duke, etc.
>
> All the good long lasting FPS games, the games with a select set of weapons allows the gameplay to be worked on more then all the EXTRAs.

Thing is, I actually liked Fish4: Modern Warfare because of how simple it was. Fast forward half a decade to BO2 and there you go, clusterfu…

Haha 343 obviously knew the sheer enjoyment you would have.

Trust Us™

playing the same map isn’t the fault of 343’s lack of variety, it can be attributed to the voting system or the map quality. I think the btb maps are pretty good overall, so i don’t think it’s that. I wish they went back to the halo 2 map selection system. It chooses one and you play it. That way it forces you to play all of the maps and gametypes. I enjoyed it.

> To be honest, the less you put into the mix, the better the game is. I loved 1-3 and how simple it was. H4 is a little too complex, although its still fun.
>
> Really hope they bring in a proper classic playlist, I don’t mind sprint so much, but gun flag, perks and load outs aren’t really what I want.
>
> I always think 343 should look at team fortress 2 for example on how to make a game last. Not so much the micro transactions, but the fact that after 5 years the gameplay is still the same and it’s still being played loads!

Amen. Classic Playlist would do absolute wonders for the fanbase.