Lack of proper armor customization

343 Industries I have a question that has been bothering more than enough people in the Halo 5 community. The lack of ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION. I may not own Halo 5, but I know people who do and they all ask “why is there a low amount of armor customizing?”. I mean really 343? Why would you change the armor customization from Halo 4 (which was AWESOME)? And then turn AS BAD as Halo: Reach’s customization or even worse?

> 2535460332173241;1:
> 343 Industries I have a question that has bothering more than enough people in the Halo 5 community. The lack of ARMOR CUSTOMIZATION. I may not own Halo 5, but I know people who do and they all ask “why is there a low amount of armor customizing?”. I mean really 343? Why would you change the armor customization from Halo 4? And then turn AS BAD as Halo: Reach’s customization or even worse?

Uhhhhhhh… Pretty sure you meant Halo 3, right? Unless you’re referring to the visual asthetics of the Reach Armor, in which case we are in agreement.

Because R.E.Q.s.

> 2533274832368555;3:
> Because R.E.Q.s.

That’s… Not even close to being similar to Reach’s Progression System. You got Armor for playing the game, and you couldn’t buy them via microtransactions or through Random pack opening. You couldn’t unlock most armors until you hit a certain rank.

Couldn’t even see certain armor until you reached a certain rank. And even then you had to play to earn cR to save up for what you wanted. That’s what makes the REQ system for cosmetic -Yoink- like armor horrible. You save up, you buy a REQ pack, and if you’re lucky enough for it to have armor, it’ll probably be some ugly looking -Yoink- you’ll never wear.

I love my Reach spartan because he looks exactly like how I want him too. For example, I saw the JFO helmet, saved my CR’s and bought it. I didn’t have to constantly go through countless random REQ packs hoping to get what I wanted only to be disappointed.

I don’t know about u guys but I hate the halo 5 armor system. I don’t like saving up req points and buying a gold pack just to get some armor that u didn’t want. halo reach armor system was good and so was halo 4. On halo 4 you had to earn the armor but competing challanges not by getting lucky in a req pack. This is my opinion.

Because 343 wanted to make money from microtransactions. That and 343 design team for the armors suck.

The sad thing about microtransactions, aside from the fact they work… they do them wrong.

I don’t buy normal REQ packs because again, it’s way too random and you’re more likely to get -Yoink- you don’t want. And in the end, it’s a waste of money. Whereas with the Memories of Reach pack I did buy it because I knew I stood a good chance of getting what I wanted. Luckily I got Emile’s helmet and armor on my first and only try.

I probably might actually spend money on a REQ pack if I knew exactly what I was getting.

[deleted]

> 2535457390331085;9:
> They don’t care, I was complainting about this since the release of halo 5 and they never did a thing about the lack of customization options. I can actually understand it, it is much work to render every armor with every possibility at over 200 different armors, and that is why they aren’t implementing it. We can just hope that they bring it into halo 6.

That’s not how it works. that’s not how it works at all. Rendering one combination of armour, whether it be with 2 customization options or 20, will be the same one way or another. Removing all of our customization options has nothing to do with performance, it all boils down to 343i completely misunderstanding what the fans want and being lazy.

[deleted]

when you think about if 343 had more customization in halo 5 then they could have more reqs for us to grind/buy.
which in turn could make microtransactionsoft more money.so on a buisness level it makes no sense to why they have limited customization.maybe it would be to much work for them. I just think they should have at least made shoulder pad customization in halo 5.i would rather have 1 visor color and the option to change shoulder pads than 50 something visors that most I ignore.