Lack of one-sided objective.

I’ve always wondered about the reasoning behind the decision to cut Halo’s favorite gametypes. No 1-flag, no 1-bomb, no VIP, no Invasion, no Territories, and the current objective games (Dominion and Extraction) are missing one-sided varients.

The concept of assymetrical gameplay, Attack and Defend, and well-defined, counteractive teams have defined some of the best shooters on the market. Take Battlefield 3 and Team Fortress 2 for example, both games that put intense focus on one-sided objective, and are both not only played more than H4 currently, but are older games also.

When looking back at the previous title (Reach),one of the things we can salvage that stuck out as a remarkable improvement was the Invasion gametype, and how it added an entirely different team experience to Halo. As far as I’m concerned, that experience was dismissed in more ways than one when it came to H4’s gametypes.

Thoughts?

Also, if you know where I can find a one-sided objective gametype for H4, modded or un-modded, please let me know.

One bomb and one flag would be nice.

> One bomb and one flag would be nice.

I think what would be awesome is one-sided Dominion.

You can already almost accomplish it by labeling the dominion pieces, but the defenders can capture back their bases and get points when they shouldn’t.

I think it’s because people would simply camp their base and make it ridiculously hard to even reach the flag without being spam naded and team shotted. But then again parties were rare in these gametypes.

I’m going to see if I can create one-sided Dominion, then I’ll update the thread.

Invasion is out of the question…

But there really is little excuse for cutting out the classics that transcend time and titles: two flag, one flag two bomb, and one bomb.

> I’m going to see if I can create one-sided Dominion, then I’ll update the thread.

If you want to have a one sided dominion, you start with just one base to be fought over, the red team starts in that base, and the blue team far off (so that red team has time to capture the base for itself) has to take it from the red team.

That is one sided dominion.

The red team can try to take the base back, but that would be analogous to disarming the bomb in one bomb.

To keep the blue team from ever entering last stand, they need a base that they capture at the start that the red team cannot capture from them.

You can force the blue team to capture their base in order for them to be able to exit the base (e.g., teleport?).

I don’t know how you can force the red team to capture their base. That may be problematic.

But I must say this is an interesting game concept…

i dont know why people say that it is not in halo 4, you just need to make the map like this.

> i dont know why people say that it is not in halo 4, you just need to make the map like this.

because it isn’t…

that is 2 flag being used to emulate one flag.

1 Flag CTF is one of my favorite things to do in any video game. I want to know who took it out so I can properly prepare my voodoo doll.

> i dont know why people say that it is not in halo 4, you just need to make the map like this.

That’s not a gametype option however, it’s a map specifically designed to inhibit one team from picking up their flag. Maps that play that cannot play regular CTF.

> Invasion is out of the question…
>
> But there really is little excuse for cutting out the classics that transcend time and titles: two flag, one flag two bomb, and one bomb.

They only said Invasion is out of the question because Elites aren’t playable anymore and that they want to make Halo 4’s multiplayer “fit in with the story’s canonical world.” I say -Yoink-, everything’s just a simulation in the War Games and we never need story mixed in with our multiplayer before. All they’d have to do is just put 6v6 Spartans and make one team start off with either Covenant, Forerunner, or a mix of both weapons. That, and make some Invasion maps of course, which shouldn’t be too hard.

Besides, I think Invasion would fit in better than Flood.

so what? it is still one flag. whether its “emulated” or the map cant play 2 sided. you want 1 sided flag, you just make a map for it and BAM done.

> because it isn’t…
>
> that is 2 flag being used to emulate one flag.

> That’s not a gametype option however, it’s a map specifically designed to inhibit one team from picking up their flag. Maps that play that cannot play regular CTF.