Lack of Map Voting System

I’m sure many of you guys have run into that time or two (or more) where you play the same map three times in a row on Arena or slayer. I’ve seen many people say that a voting system would solve that problem. While a voting system certainly could help, you then have to rely on players not just voting for the maps that they like.

One of the biggest criticisms I have seen with Halo 4 was repetition of maps like Haven because players would vote for it over and over again. This is also common in past black ops games with nuketown becoming all-too familiar. In Halo 5 you will occasionally have that time where you play the same map or mode again once or maybe even twice because it’s randomized. However, it does cause you to play all of the maps and develop good strategies for each of them. This could be facilitated by some sort of limited voting system, where a map can’t be replayed more than once or something for lack of repetition.

Would like to know what you guys think of the current map system.

Well, right now I’ve had days where I’ve played Recurve 4-5 times in a row. A voting system can’t make it any worse…

You could end up playing the same map two or three times in a row on either system. I prefer random rotation because I don’t have to spend an extra three minutes in the lobby waiting for the inevitable veto and the interminable vote count down. Complete. Waste. Of. Time.

> 2533274813239350;2:
> Well, right now I’ve had days where I’ve played Recurve 4-5 times in a row. A voting system can’t make it any worse…

Actually it can. A voting system could mean you can get Recurve 10x in a row if it’s not done right. Plus I’ve never played on a map more than three times than Warzone. And in Arena i see it as a “rematch”. I get it could get tiresome, but think of it this way: the more you play the more you learn the map’s layout and you could possibly flip the whole game in your favor

> 2533274873843883;3:
> You could end up playing the same map two or three times in a row on either system. I prefer random rotation because I don’t have to spend an extra three minutes in the lobby waiting for the inevitable veto and the interminable vote count down. Complete. Waste. Of. Time.

There is also that whole thing where most players just don’t care what map they play on, so that vote count down is even more obnoxious haha.

I just wish you could stay in same lobby as people you just played with.

I definitely prefer random map selection with no voting. It’s far too easy for a mass-mindset of “this map sucks” to sweep through the players at large, leading to maps which are voted out every single time. I like to play on as many different maps as I can.