Lack of Halo Infinite Promo Goods outside USA/CAN

How does spartans outside USA/CAN feel regarding lack of promotional goods/codes available in their region.

For me:
UK: Feeling cheated as UK/EU does make big part of players for Halo franchise so when can we expect same level of fairness?

2 Likes

this is pretty common actually, most the time US made games have promo’s mostly focused at the USA.

It is this reason that all promo items eventually filter into rotation as cosmetics or DLC. As it isn’t feasible to put promo items around the world.

Just curious, how much does the UK/EU make of the players in the Halo franchise? (If you know at all, thanks.)

@Army356 just did a quick search and according to gamerevolution Nov 2015, below are the halo game sales stats for the UK

• Halo: Combat Evolved – Sales Unknown
  • Halo 2 – 260,000
  • Halo 3 – 370,000
  • Halo 3: ODST – 212,000
  • Halo: Reach – 390,000
  • Halo 4 – 332,000
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection – 105,000~
  • Halo 5: Guardians – 150,000

French player here. I haven’t seen anything about Halo Infinite here.

1 Like

I 120% agree!!! There’s nothing in the uk and people are selling codes for £50 to someone in the UK which is outrages

1 Like

That should not be allowed, I am shocked that people are actually buying these codes at extortion prices.

Since 343 took over Halo, the focus was on their continent, while the EU and the rest felt like not a big focus. For example servers for EU have always been bad, and during the flight , I havent had a single game of actual good connection, it always was american servers probably since everything I did took almost 2 full seconds to register.

I have been playing halo franchise games online (xbox live gold services) since they were offered in the UK and I live in London and never had issues with servers as you mention during mp matchmaking. Even during halo infinite flight 1 and flight 2 it was plain sailing for me and my son on the same Internet connection. I am on series x he has pc and xbox one x as a backup. I have also lived and worked in Middle East for 5 years and even there never had issues with halo servers at that time it was halo reach/halo 4/halo odst on xbox 360.

My understanding is that majority of them are time gated, after the first season I believe they will start rotating into regularly available items from the store.

That being said I know there are a few that will be locked with their respected promotion, the controller weapon talisman for example.

Wish their was more in Australia like promos for double xp and the like.

2 Likes

Here in AUS we’ve got sweet FA in regards to promotions
Closest we got his the codes in the new halo figures being sold, but I’ve got a few of them and they are really terrible quality froma collectors point of view

1 Like

Here in NLD we’re getting shafted. I’ve got the limited edition for all other Halo games, the Legendary and Heroic for H3.

Now I had to import the f-ing limited edition controller with 0 chance of getting the collectors edition. Best we got in store here is the steelbook edition.

343 listen here: I wouldve bought the Collector Edition, the limited console, the elite controller and probably some of the Razer stuff as well. I want to give you my money ffs, stop ignoring me.

1 Like

So you re telling me you didnt get blood shots,hits not registering , shot around corners or cover, hits registering 1-2 seconds later, dc from games and so on? Hard to believe it went smooth, just sounds to me that you have no ideea what a good connection is like, same as it would be me asking if you know the difference between fps drop and lag

I had plain sailing in halo infinite flight 1 and 2. I have no reason to make things up :grin:. Maybe I don’t know what good connection is because all gaming rigs/consoles in my house is hard wired cat 7a with latest Asus gaming router and monitor. I do keep an eye on network latency.