LACK OF EMP FOR PLASMA PISTOL

I mean 343 you can’t have the plasma pistols secondary fire not be able to emp vehicles, fix that plz

I understand why, they are moving towards the electricity based tools to do that and I suppose not to confuse newer players. I think it should do something else though, outside of taking down Overshield the PP seems very poor.

I never understood why a plasma weapon is also an EMP weapon, it will need coronal mass which is basically a solar flare which is generated from our Sun, so unless the plasma pistol can generate the same amount as the sun, it generally doesn’t make sense, I like the move.

> 2533274801036271;2:
> I understand why, they are moving towards the electricity based tools to do that and I suppose not to confuse newer players. I think it should do something else though, outside of taking down Overshield the PP seems very poor.

Why not introduce electricity as the secondary function to the plasma pistol? I mean arcs of electricity are indeed plasma

> 2533275030042825;3:
> I never understood why a plasma weapon is also an EMP weapon, it will need coronal mass which is basically a solar flare which is generated from our Sun, so unless the plasma pistol can generate the same amount as the sun, it generally doesn’t make sense, I like the move.

The plasma pistol would need the power of the sun (or just one flare, obviously not the WHOLE sun) to EMP an entire hemisphere of the planet from 93 million miles away. If you are targeting an EMP to only one nearby vehicle it can be done from one device. This exists now actually, though not as elegantly as the plasma pistol.

realistic aside, i think the fact that the pp has been able to do it every game and now cant is kinda sad to see the change. i mean id much rather keep it the same for originals sake, but as long as other weapons can do the same thing i’ll probably get use to it. The full charge should at least slow a vehicle down otherwise the only use for over charge is to take shields down and thats it.

So is it a bug or not ?

I thought it was a bug? The plasma pistol’place in the sandbox would be pretty abysmal if it was intended.

:thinking:
Seems like an odd thing to leave out. Must be another post-launch addition LOL

> 2535471549753639;5:
> > 2533275030042825;3:
> > I never understood why a plasma weapon is also an EMP weapon, it will need coronal mass which is basically a solar flare which is generated from our Sun, so unless the plasma pistol can generate the same amount as the sun, it generally doesn’t make sense, I like the move.
>
> The plasma pistol would need the power of the sun (or just one flare, obviously not the WHOLE sun) to EMP an entire hemisphere of the planet from 93 million miles away. If you are targeting an EMP to only one nearby vehicle it can be done from one device. This exists now actually, though not as elegantly as the plasma pistol.

Well, you’re not wrong. I stand corrected.

Valet parking service duties has now been passed to the following employees:

Disruptor: 10 shots to vehicle hull or 3 shots at vehicle occupant.

Shock Rifle: 2 bursts to hull or one at vehicle occupant.

Dynamo grenade: Place anywhere in the same side of the map as the desired vehicle.

Plasma Pistol no longer works here.

> 2555390681439134;6:
> realistic aside, i think the fact that the pp has been able to do it every game and now cant is kinda sad to see the change. i mean id much rather keep it the same for originals sake, but as long as other weapons can do the same thing i’ll probably get use to it. The full charge should at least slow a vehicle down otherwise the only use for over charge is to take shields down and thats it.

Exactly

> 2555390681439134;6:
> realistic aside, i think the fact that the pp has been able to do it every game and now cant is kinda sad to see the change. i mean id much rather keep it the same for originals sake, but as long as other weapons can do the same thing i’ll probably get use to it. The full charge should at least slow a vehicle down otherwise the only use for over charge is to take shields down and thats it.

You know they only added that effect in Halo 3 right? For two of the original trilogy games it didn’t EMP vehicles, I’d hardly say the EMP is its original state. And it was a strong weapon in both of those games, arguable overpowered in 2.

> 2533274855648543;13:
> > 2555390681439134;6:
> > realistic aside, i think the fact that the pp has been able to do it every game and now cant is kinda sad to see the change. i mean id much rather keep it the same for originals sake, but as long as other weapons can do the same thing i’ll probably get use to it. The full charge should at least slow a vehicle down otherwise the only use for over charge is to take shields down and thats it.
>
> You know they only added that effect in Halo 3 right? For two of the original trilogy games it didn’t EMP vehicles, I’d hardly say the EMP is its original state. And it was a strong weapon in both of those games, arguable overpowered in 2.

yeh ur not wrong, but its been in halo 3, odst, reach, 4, 5 so more than not.

I don’t see the harm in keeping it even if the new shock weapons also do it. For consistencies sake. It shouldn’t confuse new players. At worst they won’t know until they see someone else do it.

Tale as old as videogames, nerf the old to push the new

It’s a little weird. They made the Plasma Pistol an effective killing tool, but lesser of a support tool like it has always been.

The Plasma Pistol without the EMP honestly feels redundant now… it’s charge doesn’t track anywhere near as good to be a reliable shield popper, and it’s a slow projectile weapon so from a certain range it isn’t great at just spamming someone’s shield off either compared to bullet weapons, What is even it’s purpose now outside of Nostalgia when you have other weapons that took the place of the only functionality it really had in the sandbox from Halo 3 onwards and that was to EMP vehicles…

The Disruptor honestly feels bad in everything except Vehicle combat Modes due to it’s slow RoF, and the Shock Rifle and EMP nades still have very useful utility outside of modes with vehicles… Does the Plasma Pistol perhaps need a buff to it’s Charge Homing or maybe it’s shield damage? I honestly don’t know, but in it’s current state I don’t think anyone would miss it in any map or mode…