Lack of consoles affect on your hype for the game?

I don’t see any discussion about the lack of next Gen consoles? I’ve been waiting YEARS for Halo Infinite to launch. I’m not a PC gamer and have no interest in experiencing the new, next Gen launch title on my current 1s with lower graphics and frame rate. I’m not going to get the first play through experience back again playing it a second time in fall 2022 when consoles are actually available at retail prices.
someone recently said “get a series S”, but I don’t have any interest in another entry level console. Like infinite, I waited YEARS for the next Gen and wanted to buy a powerful console this time around. Especially fo the campaign. I purposely purchased a 4k TV that supports high frame rates in preparation for this generation of consoles.

Is anyone else not excited about new games coming this year with no consoles available??

As long as the games are playable on my Xbox One I’m not concerned. New Xbox Series X’s will be in production eventually and the games that are optimised for the Series X/S normally get an upgrade at no additional cost when we do make the switch.

Being busy with working and studying, I rather not purchase a new gen console and rather reuse my PC that can work as a utility for more than gaming tbh. I understand the excitement, but I’ve hit the point where I’m pretty indifferent.

Never cared about the lack of series s/x and not about to start now. Call me when there’s actually a reason to buy one that I can’t already play on my XB1.

When I saw next gen consoles, in my opinion, there is no reason to buy them when a normal S or even 1 can do the basics that you need rather than constant 4k which is nice but not needed. I also feel like Infinite is not going to be centered around consoles. I get they want us to use newer or better tech for the game but it feels more like a push than a recomendation. The cross-play is definitly amazing but infinite has only been showed being played on computers or consoles connected to computers. Go with what you want, but bottom line is next gen aren’t and should not be needed because lots of people don’t have the money, time, or reason for a next gen because it just helps prefomance, that’s it.

> 2535412453636139;1:
> I don’t see any discussion about the lack of next Gen consoles? I’ve been waiting YEARS for Halo Infinite to launch. I’m not a PC gamer and have no interest in experiencing the new, next Gen launch title on my current 1s with lower graphics and frame rate. I’m not going to get the first play through experience back again playing it a second time in fall 2022 when consoles are actually available at retail prices.
> someone recently said “get a series S”, but I don’t have any interest in another entry level console. Like infinite, I waited YEARS for the next Gen and wanted to buy a powerful console this time around. Especially fo the campaign. I purposely purchased a 4k TV that supports high frame rates in preparation for this generation of consoles.
>
> Is anyone else not excited about new games coming this year with no consoles available??

I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time, and I’m hopeful that it will undo some of the disappointment I’ve had with 343 thus far. Like you, I’d prefer to experience it for the first time in the best way possible. I’ve been paying a lot more attention recently to graphics and frame rates etc., and if the MCC is any indication, Infinite is going to be pretty disappointing on the last gen consoles. I’m definitely not willing to shell out the extra money to a scalper for the series x… I had been hoping that with the delay they would throw us a bone and drop the Series X to $400 just in time for Infinite to release, but with how few consoles they have been putting out I doubt that will happen for a long time. I’ve been a huge halo fan since the beginning and I bought a 360 for Halo 3, bought an Xbox One for Halo 5 and was hugely disappointed. I’m not trying to spend $560 on disappointment so I think this time I may just try to plug my ears and hold off on buying the game until I can afford the new console used.

Doesn’t bother me much. I made the switch to PC 5 years ago and I’m ecstatic about playing Infinite on my PC. I feel like for Xbox players it shouldn’t be too big of an issue either, as the game is made on the One and the Series X. Shouldn’t be too big of a graphical difference either, imo. Let me know how you guys feel:)

I grossly overestimated how long the console shortage would last. I held off on buying a Series X at launch as I had hoped to purchase a Halo Infinite bundle.

I have purchased so many consoles at launch and have never felt like I got my money’s worth until much later, guess it was just a silly time for me to decide to wait.

I bought an Xbox 360 at launch, continued to play an Xbox original game (Halo 2) on it and didn’t feel like I should buy the Halo 3 bundle when it came out (I should have just waited for the bundle).
I bought an Xbox One at launch, maybe touched it 5-10 times that first year to play Spartan Assault but played my Xbox 360 all year for Halo 4 until MCC’s release.

This time I decide to wait and this happens, LOL.