Lack of buildings in forge?

Now on the whole I’m psyched for forge but i’m disappointed that we have no premade structures like buildings and bunkers, I mean it’s hard to make a good looking buildings with just blocks, floors etc. I’m a fan of making big outdoor valhalla/blood gulch style maps where as the forge components are more designed to make self contained maps.

Same, but I always felt that using the pre-fab buildings was lazy. Kinda glad they’re gone. I mean heck I was sick of seeing all the pieces of lockout over and over again.

> 2533274847916490;2:
> Same, but I always felt that using the pre-fab buildings was lazy. Kinda glad they’re gone. I mean heck I was sick of seeing all the pieces of lockout over and over again.

But at least they looked good, I dont like the way forge maps look atm because the buildings are just all right angles and block colours, very few textures and details.

> 2533274841485259;3:
> > 2533274847916490;2:
> > Same, but I always felt that using the pre-fab buildings was lazy. Kinda glad they’re gone. I mean heck I was sick of seeing all the pieces of lockout over and over again.
>
>
> But at least they looked good, I dont like the way forge maps look atm because the buildings are just all right angles and block colours, very few textures and details.

True, they do lack detail and maybe that is a good thing. We can place way more objects in Forge now and it could be due to the fact we place down “characterless” blocks. Maybe I’m wrong, but all that detail has to take up space somewhere. If they do manage to add buildings I’d like to see new ones to keep the forge options fresh.

> 2533274847916490;4:
> > 2533274841485259;3:
> > > 2533274847916490;2:
> > > Same, but I always felt that using the pre-fab buildings was lazy. Kinda glad they’re gone. I mean heck I was sick of seeing all the pieces of lockout over and over again.
> >
> >
> > But at least they looked good, I dont like the way forge maps look atm because the buildings are8 just all right angles and block colours, very few textures and details.
>
>
> True, they do lack detail and maybe that is a good thing. We can place way more objects in Forge now and it could be due to the fact we place down “characterless” blocks. Maybe I’m wrong, but all that detail has to take up space somewhere. If they do manage to add buildings I’d like to see new ones to keep the forge options fresh.

Oh yeah, dont want it to be stale, but i wish we could choose between low def maps and smaller high def maps that look good.

At this point, i would kinda love a function, like Little Big Planet or even Forza, where you share your own Structures(in forza it are these stickers) with other people. Like i build minas tirith and if i make it public, people easy can download and use that.

I’m no forge expert but isn’t there a group and copy feature now so you can make your own buildings and then copy/paste them?

I like how they removed pre-built stuff, you can get a better picture on how you want the map to look.

> 2601632999026533;7:
> I’m no forge expert but isn’t there a group and copy feature now so you can make your own buildings and then copy/paste them?

not seen that, how does it work?

> 2533274852272752;8:
> I like how they removed pre-built stuff, you can get a better picture on how you want the map to look.

how do you figure that? prebuilt structures let you make a rough outline more quickly, and if they are the wrong shape then just modify it or scratch build one with blocks, might as well at least give us the option.

I wish they had kept buildings.
On the bright side, you can group objects together and copy them. If you make a building on one location, you can copy and move it to another location.

Now 343, let me save grouped objects so I can immediately add them to the objects roster and place them in any of my maps.

343 SHOULD have kept buildings in Forge, the fact that they are forcing us to go on without them is, well irratating as -Yoink-! Seriously, 343i are NOT good at decision making, they should have given us buildings so then maybe more than 10 or 15 Forgers, who are almost all twitch streamers, can build a decent looking map, and the argument “well buildings just make all the maps look the same” is invalid because they don’t, sure it’s lazy, but it also makes for BETTER map design, besides who doesn’t love a map where you fuse a bunch of buildings together to make an awesome base? Not to mention having buildings, would not only save time, but save pieces as well, sure we have 1k pieces now, but let’s say you wanna build a skyscraper, a REALLY detailed one, you’d be at around 900 or so pieces used, meaning if you want to decorate the inside you’d have to sacrifice spawn points/weapon spawns, the fact that we don’t have buildings in Forge is actually an INEFFIENCY, We need ACTUAL structures, that are SINGLE PIECES, not groups, not welded groups, and the fact that this farce is actually considered a good idea by the Forge Community shows just how much Halo has fallen since 343 took over.

> 2533274883397462;12:
> 343 SHOULD have kept buildings in Forge, the fact that they are forcing us to go on without them is, well irratating as -Yoink-! Seriously, 343i are NOT good at decision making, they should have given us buildings so then maybe more than 10 or 15 Forgers, who are almost all twitch streamers, can build a decent looking map, and the argument “well buildings just make all the maps look the same” is invalid because they don’t, sure it’s lazy, but it also makes for BETTER map design, besides who doesn’t love a map where you fuse a bunch of buildings together to make an awesome base? Not to mention having buildings, would not only save time, but save pieces as well, sure we have 1k pieces now, but let’s say you wanna build a skyscraper, a REALLY detailed one, you’d be at around 900 or so pieces used, meaning if you want to decorate the inside you’d have to sacrifice spawn points/weapon spawns, the fact that we don’t have buildings in Forge is actually an INEFFIENCY, We need ACTUAL structures, that are SINGLE PIECES, not groups, not welded groups, and the fact that this farce is actually considered a good idea by the Forge Community shows just how much Halo has fallen since 343 took over.

• Necro post.
  • If you can’t build detailed structures in Forge, then the problem isn’t Forge.

> 2533274883397462;12:
> 343 SHOULD have kept buildings in Forge, the fact that they are forcing us to go on without them is, well irratating as -Yoink-! Seriously, 343i are NOT good at decision making, they should have given us buildings so then maybe more than 10 or 15 Forgers, who are almost all twitch streamers, can build a decent looking map, and the argument “well buildings just make all the maps look the same” is invalid because they don’t, sure it’s lazy, but it also makes for BETTER map design, besides who doesn’t love a map where you fuse a bunch of buildings together to make an awesome base? Not to mention having buildings, would not only save time, but save pieces as well, sure we have 1k pieces now, but let’s say you wanna build a skyscraper, a REALLY detailed one, you’d be at around 900 or so pieces used, meaning if you want to decorate the inside you’d have to sacrifice spawn points/weapon spawns, the fact that we don’t have buildings in Forge is actually an INEFFIENCY, We need ACTUAL structures, that are SINGLE PIECES, not groups, not welded groups, and the fact that this farce is actually considered a good idea by the Forge Community shows just how much Halo has fallen since 343 took over.

Please don’t revive old threads, thanks.