Lack of ammo, big problem

Let me firstly start this thread by saying I love Halo 4 and while the current settings are not 100% ideal for me as I’m a competitive kind of player (many 50s in Halo 3 and high % onxys in arena on other accounts) I think the initial lists are great to get used to the game before the CSR release.
But yeah, with this said I’m running out of ammo waaaay too much. I get like 3-5 kills and I’m out and find myself frantically running around trying to find some. A lot of my friends have the same problem and it effectively means you end up wasting time not having trying to find stuff.
A simple fix to this would be to combine infinity slayer with classic halo and have DMRs and BRs placed around maps (NOT AS DROPS) and have ammo as a very common ordnance drop.
Anyone else having this issue please share your thoughts.

Use the ammo support ability.

/Problem solved

Maybe it might help if you teabagged a few of the guys you killed.

The real problem is lack of weapons on the map. Sometimes I want to give a teammate a weapon I have, but I can’t… because I can’t say, let’s go to the nearest weapon so I can drop this for you. Either have to approach a dead body which isn’t always safe, or wait for an ordinance drop or something. More times than not I’ll have to just use the weapon myself.

What weapons are you using? Just BR/DMR means you should be able to find plenty of ammo on the guys you killed…

…unless you’re just sitting in one spot shooting across the map, in which case, move around? Maybe that’s why ammo starts so low, it requires you to go find more instead of never running out.

Also, 3-5 kills = no ammo? You must be missing a lot. DMR can get at least two kills per clip if you don’t reload, and starts with what? 3-4 clips? Not enough to last forever, but it’s also more realistic to carry 3-4 clips vs 10.

TL;DR - move around.

> Use the ammo support ability.
>
> /Problem solved

I still run out also, with the amount of primary weapons varying a lot I don’t always get the ammo I need.

Weapons de-spawn much quicker and the fact that there are very limited weapons on the map, leads to serious ammo problems.

a lot of matches I feel like I am playing gun game / gun master from Black ops / BF3. I am literally using all sorts of weapons or trying to pick up as much ammo as I can find. Not having any basic starter weapons on the map is not so good. At least have a few AR’s, BR’s, and DMR’s somewhere on the maps so we can resupply if needed.

The large maps especially I run out and have no way to resupply. I’ve had several occasions even where I literally ran completely out and had to carefully find a few dead guys to get ammo lol.

yea ive noticed that weapons despawn VERY quickly. its kinda of sad because if you have your favorite weapon and you die and no one picks it up. you rush to your body and you see that it despawns. :frowning:

> Weapons de-spawn much quicker and the fact that there are very limited weapons on the map, leads to serious ammo problems.

I’ll agree to that. Despawn should be a tad longer, and IMO power-weapons shouldn’t despawn until they’re OOA.

Especially on Dominion. Yay, base was resupplied - get there and weapons disappear as you run to it. -_-

I have this problem even on normal. I also tried picking up a gun, putting it back down then continue on my destruction. When I run out I go back to the area I dropped that gun and it had disappeared. This never happened in the other halo games, it always perma saved the gun after you picked it up in campaign.

> I have this problem even on normal. I also tried picking up a gun, putting it back down then continue on my destruction. When I run out I go back to the area I dropped that gun and it had disappeared. This never happened in the other halo games, it always perma saved the gun after you picked it up in campaign.

WHat? dude what halo have you played
in no halo game have ammoless weapons stayed after being dropped.

> > I have this problem even on normal. I also tried picking up a gun, putting it back down then continue on my destruction. When I run out I go back to the area I dropped that gun and it had disappeared. This never happened in the other halo games, it always perma saved the gun after you picked it up in campaign.
>
> WHat? dude what halo have you played
> in no halo game have ammoless weapons stayed after being dropped.

Never seen anyone with that bad reading comprehension. Ill try to explain this a bit more simply.

1. Kill a grunt.
  2. Go to his plasma pistol and pick it up.
  3. Go to the weapon you just dropped for the PP and re-pickup up. Thus dropping the PP that still has a charge (60-81%)
  4. Keep playing until you need that gun, run back to the spot you dropped it.
  5. Find that the gun had disappeared.