Lack of a 1 on 1 map

Yo whats up to all the Halo players
Does anybody remember Guardian from Halo 3? I used to go on mm and talk smack all the time and then try to play them 1 on 1. Halo 3 was my 1st halo and I remember turning 12 right after it came out. anyways, for those who didn’t play, guardian was the place you went to 1v1 and fill your ego. I played on it for years and didnt get tired of it.
when halo reach came out, I went and got it and played for about a month. However I lost interest in xbox etc and I quit. I just started playing again and I was sittin in matchmaking talkin mess like I do and I got someone to 1v1 me. It was the first 1v1 I played on reach.
Expecting a Guardian-quality map, I was obviously dissapointed with the p o s that I was presented with. A modified asylum as a 1v1 map? the map has no cover and limited spawns to where it takes no skill to spawnkill. also, the balance of the map completely kills the map because cover is provided in the middle and there is usually supposed to be no cover in the middle. the result of that is that people can just stay in the middle and aim anywhere, but with the limited spawns, that would be like 2 places.
When i played, I was able to stay around the middle with the sniper and caught the other guy offguard and had 1-2 shots on him before he could even start on me.
I know theres nothing to be done now but I really hope that there is a good 1v1 map on halo 4.

Do you like the Reach 1v1 map? Or do you like Guardian from H3?

Sanc is the best Reach has to offer, but a 1v1 map needs to be small in order to be good. Prisoner, Warlock, and Guardian were those legendary 1v1 maps of their respective games, and they were all very tight and close-quarters oriented maps.

MLG Sanc or Zealot are both great.

Wait, let me get this straight we have an expansive forge with unlimited possibilities and you’re complaining about the lack of maps?

1 vs 1 on reach for me was heading into forge with a buddy, doing completely random -blam- and playing out to get the best results. Soon as that was done, we would start a team and see who was supperior! Vice versa etc.

Gaurdian does stick to the back of my mind a lot however… also narrows was an awesome map for 1 vs 1 on H5.

I prefer octagon, it relies more on aiming and strafing and since there are no cover points the only escape from death is a last second no-scope.

> Yo whats up to all the Halo players
> Does anybody remember Guardian from Halo 3? I used to go on mm and talk smack all the time and then try to play them 1 on 1. Halo 3 was my 1st halo and I remember turning 12 right after it came out.

I lol’d.

Most of you dudes in here who think that ‘MLG Sanc is the best Reach has’ are missing out, hard. There’s more out there than what MLG and the developers have provided. If you search any of the forge communities you’ll find so much great content, including 1v1 maps which are notorious for great aesthetics and gameplay. Get educated!

> > Yo whats up to all the Halo players
> > Does anybody remember Guardian from Halo 3? I used to go on mm and talk smack all the time and then try to play them 1 on 1. Halo 3 was my 1st halo and I remember turning 12 right after it came out.
>
> I lol’d.
>
> Most of you dudes in here who think that ‘MLG Sanc is the best Reach has’ are missing out, hard. There’s more out there than what MLG and the developers have provided. If you search any of the forge communities you’ll find so much great content, including 1v1 maps which are notorious for great aesthetics and gameplay. Get educated!

I was under the impression that we were talking strictly about matchmaking maps. There are definately better forge maps, but the issues with them are that a lot of people don’t know the layout or geometry well enough for it to be a fair match. Angst is probably my favorite 1v1 map in Reach out of the games I’ve played, but it’s not like that iconic map that pretty much every 1v1 is played on (like Prisoner, Warlock, and Guardian), simply because it isn’t in matchmaking and few people know about it.

Zealot is a really good 1 vs. 1 map. Due to the lack of power weapons, it depends more on skill with a DMR, rather than picking up Rockets (Which isn’t hard when there’s only 1 person to stop you). For example, if you play 1 vs. 1 on battle canyon, it is way too easy to get a power weapon as there is one for nearly every player even in TS.

> > > Yo whats up to all the Halo players
> > > Does anybody remember Guardian from Halo 3? I used to go on mm and talk smack all the time and then try to play them 1 on 1. Halo 3 was my 1st halo and I remember turning 12 right after it came out.
> >
> > I lol’d.
> >
> > Most of you dudes in here who think that ‘MLG Sanc is the best Reach has’ are missing out, hard. There’s more out there than what MLG and the developers have provided. If you search any of the forge communities you’ll find so much great content, including 1v1 maps which are notorious for great aesthetics and gameplay. Get educated!
>
> I was under the impression that we were talking strictly about matchmaking maps. There are definately better forge maps, but the issues with them are that a lot of people don’t know the layout or geometry well enough for it to be a fair match. Angst is probably my favorite 1v1 map in Reach out of the games I’ve played, but it’s not like that iconic map that pretty much every 1v1 is played on (like Prisoner, Warlock, and Guardian), simply because it isn’t in matchmaking and few people know about it.

Although it looks like a good Doubles map, which that playlist can use, it would most likely be rejected because players won’t know that the Teleporter is a lift and the shield door is a teleporter. Send it to the CC’s though with some editting.