KOTH requires DLC???

Since when did they require DLC in KOTH?

They alreayd required DLC in Infinity Slayer so why KOTH too?

Infinity Slayer isnt doing very well since the required DLC so I suggest they should make a DLC playlist and not a normal playlist

I think KoTH starts this week as the first game in the rotational playlist. See the bulletin here.

Of course, that bulletin makes no mention that the rotational playlist was to be DLC-required.

Do you have the Forge Island DLC map? It’s free.

Well, if Forge Island is the DLC requirement, that’s no issue at all.

> Since when did they require DLC in KOTH?
>
> They alreayd required DLC in Infinity Slayer so why KOTH too?
>
> Infinity Slayer isnt doing very well since the required DLC so <mark>I suggest they should make a DLC playlist and not a normal playlist</mark>

It has been discussed numerous times that a playlist for all DLC isn’t possible due to the maps requiring different team sizes. Majestic maps are made for 4v4 and the other maps require at minimum 6v6.
For example, you can’t play 8v8 on Skyline/Monolith or 4v4 on Shatter/Wreckage.

> > Since when did they require DLC in KOTH?
> >
> > They alreayd required DLC in Infinity Slayer so why KOTH too?
> >
> > Infinity Slayer isnt doing very well since the required DLC so <mark>I suggest they should make a DLC playlist and not a normal playlist</mark>
>
> It has been discussed numerous times that a playlist for all DLC isn’t possible due to the maps requiring different team sizes. Majestic maps are made for 4v4 and the other maps require at minimum 6v6.
> For example, you can’t play 8v8 on Skyline/Monolith or 4v4 on Shatter/Wreckage.

Why not make two DLC playlists then, big and regular team? Create two regular playlists as well, DLC-free regular and big team slayer. The populations of DLC vs non-DLC will not affect each other.

> Why not make two DLC playlists then, big and regular team? Create two regular playlists as well, DLC-free regular and big team slayer. The populations of DLC vs non-DLC will not affect each other.

This has also been discussed. The reason this hasn’t been done is because there are not enough playlist slots to incorporate more than one of the same playlist. Too many playlists also divides the population even more and increases search times due to low populations. This is why 343 has been consolidating many playlists as of late.

> Why not make two DLC playlists then, big and regular team? Create two regular playlists as well, DLC-free regular and big team slayer. The populations of DLC vs non-DLC will not affect each other.

Did you see the population of the last DLC playlist? That is why. I’d prefer they just rotate the requirement weekly or every other week.

After the two-week test run of Infinity Slayer DLC-required, 343 has obviously determined that such a system is viable.

Otherwise Infinity Slayer wouldn’t have the requirement anymore.

Expansion of the system is to be expected now.

> After the two-week test run of Infinity Slayer DLC-required, 343 has obviously determined that such a system is viable.

343i never said anything about two weeks:

> Starting 9/16, you will need the Majestic Map Pack to play Infinity Slayer. As the goal of this is to gauge if the DLC-required playlist solution is a viable one, we will be monitoring its population closely. The Game of the Year edition of Halo 4 – which includes all Halo 4 map packs – launches in early October, so we scheduled this change for a time when we can gather data without its impact, then also with it. I’d like to stress this is an experiment, and is in no way, shape or form a permanent move at this time. The primary thing to note is we know you want to play your DLC more often, and we’re dedicated to doing everything we can to make that happen.

343i/Microsoft are planning on keeping Infinity Slayer DLC-required in order to boost sales of the GotY edition. We will likely not see the DLC restriction lifted off of Infinity Slayer until sometime in November at the earliest (if ever).

Use the KOTH feedback thread please:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst227583_King-of-the-Hill-Feedback.aspx