Kodiak will rule

Edit: posted this after I saw Yoda’s vid didn’t see the post below me. He’s absolutely right, and I’ve mentioned this in other threads as well, but I’ll give credit to yoda.

Idk…I’ve been changing up my strats a lot since the patch. I’m one of the few on here who proclaimed air needed a nerf or something, but I feel it’s not the answer I’ve been looking for. Air is useless at this state, but it’s uselss in a way I didn’t want. I don’t want to get based sniped when I play 3s or even 2s this when I can’t keep track of air. When I play ones its not that difficult unless I’m playing sentry or badlands where siege turret or cloaking can prevent me from pushing or scouting at mid game point and an air base snipe is possible if I can’t scout and can’t push.

There might be other levels other than this one, but my feeling on this is that air should’ve never been able to snipe a base like this, unless it’s vultures. It should have way less building damage and more to core vehicles.

Now I feel like any good UNSC player or maybe pavium can just turtle and obvi UNSC has the advantage cause they can bring these turtles from their base to you doorstep with Kodiaks.

Without air, doing what it needs to do not base snipe, but kill vehicles we are about to see a Kodiak onslaught. Ders, Serina, and forge are going to be the only ones viable unless something is done.

Appreciate open thoughts on this. Hope this game stays healthy.

Price reduction to air is my quick fix

Kodiak and seige are both op but air was also bad. both needed to be nerfed. I can deal with Kodiaks, troop drops, transport/teleport, don’t send over your troops in 1 big clump spread them out so the damage doesn’t stack with aoe. unless your forge with forghog and heavy metal with some heals, then it doesn’t matter. it’s annoying yes, I think Kodiaks should have their damage to vehicles cut by 25% or more they were meant to be anti inf if I recall right. people going mass air was a very SERIOIUS issue, even if you scouted it like others suggest and go to try and deal with it they cost no power and in early-mid game allowed those that went air get tech advantage while you were spitting out wolverines in mass to just survive then you would get base sniped. or just lose your army. AA needed the buff, I’ve still seen people go air and do just fine. they usually have like 6 cyclopes and 3 snipers then a lot of air. they just can’t go pure air anymore.

> 2535431178094949;2:
> Price reduction to air is my quick fix

Altho air is pricey, it’s biggest issue right now is that it gets wrecked by AA.

I think the best fix would be:

  1. Remove the AA AoE buff from this last patch
  2. Reduce air’s building damage a bit

I disagree on anti air needed a buff now to fix what 343 broke We need a overall damage reduced for anti air by 20 percent nerf or remove area of affect
besides it was risky before patch and only way much of threat before patch if know what you were doing catching your enemy sleeping on job till they regrouped and countered so easy a Grunt could do it sadly they like to fix whats not broken

> 2533274796391115;4:
> > 2535431178094949;2:
> > Price reduction to air is my quick fix
>
> Altho air is pricey, it’s biggest issue right now is that it gets wrecked by AA.
>
> I think the best fix would be:
> 1. Remove the AA AoE buff from this last patch
> 2. Reduce air’s building damage a bit

Yes that ‘‘tis an even better idea I would of been ok with that instead of the aa buff which most of can agree with

Siege is definitely to strong atm. I think the easiest way to fix this is revert the AA aoe buff and then buff air against core vehicles.

> 2533274922326904;7:
> Siege is definitely to strong atm. I think the easiest way to fix this is revert the AA aoe buff and then buff air against core vehicles.

Siege turrets are fine. They should do big damage. Their downfall is that they don’t do anything when you’re right up on them.

I attack them with air, or place Kodiaks within firing range and target them first.

I’m seeing kodiaks/blisterbacks every game right now. Personally finding them hard to deal with, a creeping turtle is not my personal style of playing but it seems really effective right now.

> 2533274802371423;8:
> > 2533274922326904;7:
> > Siege is definitely to strong atm. I think the easiest way to fix this is revert the AA aoe buff and then buff air against core vehicles.
>
> Siege turrets are fine. They should do big damage. Their downfall is that they don’t do anything when you’re right up on them.
>
> I attack them with air, or place Kodiaks within firing range and target them first.

Have you seen serina Kodiaks? The ice glitches out vehicles and the shells destroy infantry and your forced to go air, which sucks. It doesn’t even have to be serina, 3-4 Kodiaks will completely shut down the map. And siege turrets range is way to far

> 2533274796391115;4:
> > 2535431178094949;2:
> > Price reduction to air is my quick fix
>
> Altho air is pricey, it’s biggest issue right now is that it gets wrecked by AA.
>
> I think the best fix would be:
> 1. Remove the AA AoE buff from this last patch
> 2. Reduce air’s building damage a bit

10% nerf to building dmg and 10% buff to vehicles.
edit: This is exclusive to all air but the Condor

Yeah I just got wrecked by an anders kodiak slow push. Which sucked because we had seized all the map control during the early fighting but he was massing those up behind. Of course it was too late to get air units out at that point, especially because just a couple wolvs would shred low tier hornets unmassed.

Does everyone think that banshees do too much base damage as well? Personally, as a banished player, I don’t feel like they do all that much damage to bases since they are more reliant on the fuel rod. At least not an unreasonable amount. Bases with turrets and shields hold up just fine imo, long enough to get reinforcements there before the base can be killed. Hornets, however, shredded buildings it was rather annoying considering they did so with their high ROF guns and were altogether bulkier than banshees to boot.

> 2533274821180847;12:
> Yeah I just got wrecked by an anders kodiak slow push. Which sucked because we had seized all the map control during the early fighting but he was massing those up behind. Of course it was too late to get air units out at that point, especially because just a couple wolvs would shred low tier hornets unmassed.
>
> Does everyone think that banshees do too much base damage as well? Personally, as a banished player, I don’t feel like they do all that much damage to bases since they are more reliant on the fuel rod. At least not an unreasonable amount. Bases with turrets and shields hold up just fine imo, long enough to get reinforcements there before the base can be killed. Hornets, however, shredded buildings it was rather annoying considering they did so with their high ROF guns and were altogether bulkier than banshees to boot.

Unless you play Decimus, Banshee are NOT worth building at all. They suck at everything while Hornets are not much better but they are buildable as long AA is not present.

I can see Kodiaks ruling the game. Yesterday I played a match where I had a good composition army, two bases and almost 80 population. My enemy had two Kodiaks, three turrets, a Spartan and 1 single main base. I went to his main door to push since my better economy would allow me to recover faster (I thought) just when the kodiaks saw me they did a good damage, still I got in… I Mac blasted (I am Isabel) the second Kodiak, I focused my fire on the Spartan, finally I am with no enemies but with my army wounded, still I felt I can put the main, she-he (Anders) upgraded the turrets to anti air, which destroyed my nightingales and through me a leader power that put some drones in the air that shot at you drawing circles in the air… Arggg… I use heavy metal to make my army stronger but I cannot keep it up and Little by Little my army gets destroyed… After spending so much on that action I need to go back base and rethink my strategy, mainwhile the enemy start to expand, me for some reason I am doing the stupid and after few encounters with him I get rigged by domination… What I did wrong? I remember the game wasn’t like this. Now is like you need to really focus on expanding at the right time and making small steps.

> 2535428931727626;13:
> > 2533274821180847;12:
> > Yeah I just got wrecked by an anders kodiak slow push. Which sucked because we had seized all the map control during the early fighting but he was massing those up behind. Of course it was too late to get air units out at that point, especially because just a couple wolvs would shred low tier hornets unmassed.
> >
> > Does everyone think that banshees do too much base damage as well? Personally, as a banished player, I don’t feel like they do all that much damage to bases since they are more reliant on the fuel rod. At least not an unreasonable amount. Bases with turrets and shields hold up just fine imo, long enough to get reinforcements there before the base can be killed. Hornets, however, shredded buildings it was rather annoying considering they did so with their high ROF guns and were altogether bulkier than banshees to boot.
>
> Unless you play Decimus, Banshee are NOT worth building at all. They suck at everything while Hornets are not much better but they are buildable as long AA is not present.

It’s so sad, imo the banshee should do more damage while having less health than the hornet in general. I’m all for nerfing the damage hornets do to bases, but I just hope people don’t go absolutely crazy and nerf the banshee damage in any way also because they always say air does too much damage to buildings when they really mean that hornets do. All of this assuming 343 realizes the AA buff completely ruined air units and reverts it.

After a match where facing Anders and she managed to shut down my army with 3 Kodiaks and Cyclops I’m going to try to start rushing this leader more but it’s hard because her turrets have shields.