Known info on the Infinity + Speculation [SPOILERS]

I am sure that you have all seen the Halo 4 Concept Art Trailer: Those who haven’t, click here.

Now, although it is not in that trailer (Although I swear it was when I watched it live at Halofest), I would to take a look at this ship: UNSC Infinity.

That is the UNSC Infinity, although it doesn’t look in too good a shape - take a look at the far left of the ship - it appears to have sustained Plasma damage.

After reading Glasslands, it was discovered that the Infinity was a new prototype ship which incorporated a large amount of Forerunner technology into the design, particularly the advanced Slipspace drives.

If we refer back to the image you can clearly see similar ships in the background which leads me to my first point: The Infinity was a success and more of these advanced ships were built.

Each of these ships were to be crewed by some SPARTAN IV’s which could also mean that this project was also a success.

Now, if all of the above is proved true, then maybe this is how the Master Chief was found. Hunted done by these advanced ships which in turn activated the ‘planet’ (I’m still not sold that it’s a Shield World) and the ‘planets’ defense systems started attacking the advanced ships, leaving the image of the damaged Infinity.

I know that all of this is still speculation but I would love feedback on my thoughts. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

I think your theory is pretty legit.

Maybe they were testing a slip space drive, and then they ended up near the shield world.

Well, the fact that the Infinity is shown orbiting a terra-formed planet makes me consider the fact that it probably isn’t the same planet that MC is heading for (considering that planet is fully metallic and black on the outside. This makes me think the game may have a split campaign ala Halo 2 where you play as MC and a Spartan IV (the S-IV being a little closer to classic Halo whereas MC is playing the lonely-exploration role as he discovers the ancient evil and possibly an ancient secret along with it).

Only a little is explained in Glasslands, but I can’t wait for Halo 4 and Karen’s second book, this theory is really good, I want more people to join in the speculation.

Thanks guys. I thought I may have been a little sketchy but it appears that my theory is a solid one. Also, your name made my day Prone To Drift. If I could I would’ve changed my name to either BlackBox, or EvanPhillips.

> Thanks guys. I thought I may have been a little sketchy but it appears that my theory is a solid one. Also, your name made my day Prone To Drift. If I could I would’ve changed my name to either BlackBox, or EvanPhillips.

Thanks, when I read Glasslands I had to change my name to it, although I did consider Perfect Density for a while.

I wonder what the Spartan 4s look like and how good their armor is, all I know is that they are consenting adults unlike the spartan II program. Damn why can’t Halo 4 hurry up already, I’m so anxious to find out about the mysterious Spartan 4s and the UNSC Infinity.

Also I reckon in this picture the four soldiers standing on top of that broken structure are all Spartans 4s, it would make sense because all human personnel that came of the UNSC Infinity would be Spartan 4s with the latest human/forerunner upgraded tech.

I came into this thread expecting a silly theory that made no sense (like most of the ones you see on this site), but then read what you wrote and was pretty impressed. Not only does it make a lot of sense, it also shows that you put a lot of thought into it! Good work!

Well, SPARTAN IV’s are meant to be similar to SPARTAN I’s. Both are already veterans and volunteers. Although since then the augmentation procedures have been refined making the success rate much higher. Also, the SPARTAN IV’s will get the Mjolnir Mk VII armour which specs are:

> The MJOLNIR MK VII was an armor system mentioned by Dr. Halsey in her personal journal. It would appear to be the last planned phase of the MJOLNIR project. At the time the MJOLNIR project began, Halsey had planned on the MK VII suit featuring the following upgrades:
>
> Next-gen fusion-plasma hybrid power system.
> Atmospheric insertion systems.
> Slipspace de-insertion capability.
> Active AI transfer protocols.
> Limited shaping of the energy shield (partial overlaps, airfoils etc.).
>
> Atmospheric insertion would allow a Spartan to free-fall from space without a reentry vehicle such as the ODST’s SOEIV, but would most likely require a drag chute or parachute. Note that reentry in MJOLNIR armor has been done several times in Halo fiction but is most likely outside both the Mark V and Mark VI design specs and has proven fatal.
>
> Though its features and aesthetic qualities aren’t mentioned in its single appearance, Mjolnir Mark VII is worn by Naomi-010, a Spartan II detached to Kilo five. It is mentioned as being lighter than Mark VI and is capable of upgrading itself passively when in standby. Naomi frequently removes and puts on the armor, though whether this is a requirement of its self-upgrading nature or a preference of Spartan-010 is unknown.

That’s from the Halo Wiki.

> Well, SPARTAN IV’s are meant to be similar to SPARTAN I’s. Both are already veterans and volunteers. Although since then the augmentation procedures have been refined making the success rate much higher. Also, the SPARTAN IV’s will get the Mjolnir Mk VII armour which specs are:
>
>
>
> > The MJOLNIR MK VII was an armor system mentioned by Dr. Halsey in her personal journal. It would appear to be the last planned phase of the MJOLNIR project. At the time the MJOLNIR project began, Halsey had planned on the MK VII suit featuring the following upgrades:
> >
> > Next-gen fusion-plasma hybrid power system.
> > Atmospheric insertion systems.
> > Slipspace de-insertion capability.
> > Active AI transfer protocols.
> > Limited shaping of the energy shield (partial overlaps, airfoils etc.).
> >
> > Atmospheric insertion would allow a Spartan to free-fall from space without a reentry vehicle such as the ODST’s SOEIV, but would most likely require a drag chute or parachute. Note that reentry in MJOLNIR armor has been done several times in Halo fiction but is most likely outside both the Mark V and Mark VI design specs and has proven fatal.
> >
> > Though its features and aesthetic qualities aren’t mentioned in its single appearance, Mjolnir Mark VII is worn by Naomi-010, a Spartan II detached to Kilo five. It is mentioned as being lighter than Mark VI and is capable of upgrading itself passively when in standby. Naomi frequently removes and puts on the armor, though whether this is a requirement of its self-upgrading nature or a preference of Spartan-010 is unknown.
>
> That’s from the Halo Wiki.

That’s amazing so the SPARTAN IV program is just like the Orion project that Johnson went through, but with the benefits of the SPARTAN II program and the success rate of the SPARTAN III program … that’s amazing, surely anyone could be a Spartan now, and by the description of Naomi’s armor in Glasslands, this new MJOLNIR technology is insanely amazing, wow I can’t wait to see some Spartan 4s in action.

Also, if you remember your fiction correctly. A side affect or the Orien Project augmentations was Johnsons ability to be immune to the Flood. And just to tie that in. In Cryptum, the Forerunners said that the Precursors gave Humans the key to defeating the Flood. It was an ancestral memory in their DNA.

> Also, if you remember your fiction correctly. A side affect or the Orien Project augmentations was Johnsons ability to be immune to the Flood. And just to tie that in. In Cryptum, the Forerunners said that the Precursors gave Humans the key to defeating the Flood. It was an ancestral memory in their DNA.

Holy!! -Yoink- Mind -Yoink-!!!, I completely forgot about that, but I thought the only reason why Johnson became immune was because the drugs from the Orion project mutated an inherited disease that Johnson had, that became a potent anti-virus to the flood super cell, reversing any signs of infection by the disease, but still amazing, if only Johnson had told someone like Halsey, the flood would have become obsolete.

> Also, if you remember your fiction correctly. A side affect or the Orien Project augmentations was Johnsons ability to be immune to the Flood. And just to tie that in. In Cryptum, the Forerunners said that the Precursors gave Humans the key to defeating the Flood. It was an ancestral memory in their DNA.

Precursors did not give the cure to the Flood to Humans. Humans were able to find the cure. Whatever the cure was, it required Ancient Humanity to sacrifice 1/3 of their population.

> Holy!! Yoink! Mind Yoink!!!, I completely forgot about that, but I thought the only reason why Johnson became immune was because the drugs from the Orion project mutated an inherited disease that Johnson had, that became a potent anti-virus to the flood super cell, reversing any signs of infection by the disease, but still amazing, if only Johnson had told someone like Halsey, the flood would have become obsolete.

You are thinking of Boren’s Syndrome. This was a made-up disease to cover-up the Orion Project and it’s candidates. Something about the drugs given to the S-Is screwed up Johnson’s nervous system, making him immune to Flood infection. It’s not a cure, just a prevention of infection.

The cure discovered by Ancient Humanity and Johnson’s immunity are not related.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up Crosses out Johnson’s face on big board full of pictures

> > Also, if you remember your fiction correctly. A side affect or the Orien Project augmentations was Johnsons ability to be immune to the Flood. And just to tie that in. In Cryptum, the Forerunners said that the Precursors gave Humans the key to defeating the Flood. It was an ancestral memory in their DNA.
>
> Precursors did not give the cure to the Flood to Humans. Humans were able to find the cure. Whatever the cure was, it required Ancient Humanity to sacrifice 1/3 of their population.
>
>
>
> > Holy!! Yoink! Mind Yoink!!!, I completely forgot about that, but I thought the only reason why Johnson became immune was because the drugs from the Orion project mutated an inherited disease that Johnson had, that became a potent anti-virus to the flood super cell, reversing any signs of infection by the disease, but still amazing, if only Johnson had told someone like Halsey, the flood would have become obsolete.
>
> You are thinking of Boren’s Syndrome. This was a made-up disease to cover-up the Orion Project and it’s candidates. Something about the drugs given to the S-Is screwed up Johnson’s nervous system, making him immune to Flood infection. It’s not a cure, just a prevention of infection.
>
> The cure discovered by Ancient Humanity and Johnson’s immunity are not related.

Surely preventing infection is a cure in its own right.

> > > Also, if you remember your fiction correctly. A side affect or the Orien Project augmentations was Johnsons ability to be immune to the Flood. And just to tie that in. In Cryptum, the Forerunners said that the Precursors gave Humans the key to defeating the Flood. It was an ancestral memory in their DNA.
> >
> > Precursors did not give the cure to the Flood to Humans. Humans were able to find the cure. Whatever the cure was, it required Ancient Humanity to sacrifice 1/3 of their population.
> >
> >
> >
> > > Holy!! Yoink! Mind Yoink!!!, I completely forgot about that, but I thought the only reason why Johnson became immune was because the drugs from the Orion project mutated an inherited disease that Johnson had, that became a potent anti-virus to the flood super cell, reversing any signs of infection by the disease, but still amazing, if only Johnson had told someone like Halsey, the flood would have become obsolete.
> >
> > You are thinking of Boren’s Syndrome. This was a made-up disease to cover-up the Orion Project and it’s candidates. Something about the drugs given to the S-Is screwed up Johnson’s nervous system, making him immune to Flood infection. It’s not a cure, just a prevention of infection.
> >
> > The cure discovered by Ancient Humanity and Johnson’s immunity are not related.
>
> Surely preventing infection is a cure in its own right.

No. A cure sterilizes and destroys an existing infection or disease. Prevention ensure one does not catch that infection in the first place.

> > > > Also, if you remember your fiction correctly. A side affect or the Orien Project augmentations was Johnsons ability to be immune to the Flood. And just to tie that in. In Cryptum, the Forerunners said that the Precursors gave Humans the key to defeating the Flood. It was an ancestral memory in their DNA.
> > >
> > > Precursors did not give the cure to the Flood to Humans. Humans were able to find the cure. Whatever the cure was, it required Ancient Humanity to sacrifice 1/3 of their population.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Holy!! Yoink! Mind Yoink!!!, I completely forgot about that, but I thought the only reason why Johnson became immune was because the drugs from the Orion project mutated an inherited disease that Johnson had, that became a potent anti-virus to the flood super cell, reversing any signs of infection by the disease, but still amazing, if only Johnson had told someone like Halsey, the flood would have become obsolete.
> > >
> > > You are thinking of Boren’s Syndrome. This was a made-up disease to cover-up the Orion Project and it’s candidates. Something about the drugs given to the S-Is screwed up Johnson’s nervous system, making him immune to Flood infection. It’s not a cure, just a prevention of infection.
> > >
> > > The cure discovered by Ancient Humanity and Johnson’s immunity are not related.
> >
> > Surely preventing infection is a cure in its own right.
>
> No. A cure sterilizes and destroys an existing infection or disease. Prevention ensure one does not catch that infection in the first place.

Very true, why I guess you’re right, thanks. That’s one golden star for you my friend.

> Well, the fact that the Infinity is shown orbiting a terra-formed planet makes me consider the fact that it probably isn’t the same planet that MC is heading for (considering that planet is fully metallic and black on the outside. This makes me think the game may have a split campaign ala Halo 2 where you play as MC and a Spartan IV (the S-IV being a little closer to classic Halo whereas MC is playing the lonely-exploration role as he discovers the ancient evil and possibly an ancient secret along with it).

It shows in the concept art trailer that the planet that the chief is drifting towards is half mechanical, half normal.

Now that I look at the pic again, those ships seem more like smaller ships than another ship of the same model. The shape is very different and it doesn’t look like its far away, more like its just significantly smaller.

If the Infinity is a new type of Cruiser (is it?), maybe those ships are just new Frigates? Anyways, considering the UNSC Infinity is part of the game, we can make a close estimate as to when the game takes place. I would say some time around the 2560s (I know the encyclopedia said MC wasn’t found by the early 2600s but maybe that’s just an ONI cover up or it will just be ret-conned. 343 won’t just throw away all the existing fiction).

> Very true, why I guess you’re right, thanks. That’s one golden star for you my friend.

I aim to please :slight_smile:

OT:Are we sure the Infinity is damaged at all? It doesn’t look that way to me.