Known and Possible Weapons in the H5:G Beta

These are all of the weapons we know to be confirmed for the Halo 5:Guardians Beta.

#1- The Assault Rifle — The Variant we see in the Guardians vidoc released at Gamescom, looks plenty faithful to the AR we know and love, with a fresh and bold new color scheme, creating a unique look for Halo 5.
#2- The Battle Rifle — similar to the one we see in the 4th installment of the series, a sleek black look, and small, versatile sight set it apart from all of the rest.
#3- The Designated Marksman Rifle— This gun appears to have nothing new to it, appearing exactly like it did in Halo 4, and Halo Nightfall.
#4- The Sub Machine Gun— Though dual wielding will not be in the Beta, this weapon will. With a brand new look, this now, extremely small weapon is sure to pack a punch. It just wants to be dual wielded. :’(
#5- The Sniper Rifle— With a look similar to that of Halo 4, the sniper will be returning to Halo. Who would have doubted?
#6- An unnamed rocket launcher— What appears to be a brand new weapon, we can only hope and pray it does not take the place of the one we know and love
#7- The Covenant Energy Sword— seen in glimpses of the Midship remake, the Energy Sword appears to sport a new milkier color, but we still don’t know for sure.

These are the weapons I predict we will see in the Multiplayer Beta, but there are so many weapons, we can’t know for sure

#8- The Plasma Pistol— a staple of all Halo games, I am confident the this will be in the Halo 5 Beta
#9- The Plasma Rifle— A beta would be the perfect place to reintroduce this weapon to the franchise. Missing from Halo 4, I hope it will make a return.
#10- The Needler— If we get a taste of those pink shards of death in the beta, I’ll be set. That is all that we need now. The Supercombiner.
#11- The Covenant Carbine— Last, but certainly not least, the Covenant’s answer to the BR, the utility weapon used for spamming snipers, the Carbine. Why it wouldn’t be in the beta? I don’t know.

Finished! These are all of the weapons that we know, and I predict, will be in the Guardians Beat. What do you think the last four weapons will be? I’d like to hear.

If Halo 5 don’t have the Plasma Pistol I will be very mad!
Can’t have a Halo game without the N00b-combo!

Well, with the beta focusing on small maps and 4v4 arena combat, I think it would make sense to also include the Shotgun.

EDIT: My Predictions for the other 4 weapons

Shotgun
Plasma Pistol
Magnum
Needler

I’m guessing we may see some new weapons of course, but I’m thinking the Forerunner arsenal as well. They wouldn’t be in just one game… would they?

> #8- The Plasma Pistol— a staple of all Halo games, I am confident the this will be in the Halo 5 Beta
> #9- The Plasma Rifle— A beta would be the perfect place to reintroduce this weapon to the franchise. Missing from Halo 4, I hope it will make a return.
> #10- The Needler— If we get a taste of those pink shards of death in the beta, I’ll be set. That is all that we need now. The Supercombiner.
> #11- The Covenant Carbine— Last, but certainly not least, the Covenant’s answer to the BR, the utility weapon used for spamming snipers, the Carbine. Why it wouldn’t be in the beta? I don’t know.

The only weapons I see on that list being in the beta are the Plasma Pistol and maybe the Needler.

The rest would be pretty redundant, and would take up the spots of the new weapons they want to try out.

Yet I find it concerning they would only have 3-4 new weapons in the beta to test.

> I’m guessing we may see some new weapons of course, but I’m thinking the Forerunner arsenal as well. They wouldn’t be in just one game… would they?

They’ve repeatedly said that the beta will only represent a small part of the game — this includes the sandbox. There’s not much to worry about in terms of any risk of an absence of the Forerunner weapons. (Which will hopefully be adjusted to be more unique)

If we have the br and carbine… Why do we need the dmr? It made the game play different. Give me the br and carbine. No dmr

> If we have the br and carbine… Why do we need the dmr? It made the game play different. Give me the br and carbine. No dmr

I heard someone say somewhere (And I agree) that the DMR might take the BR’s place in mid to long range combat, allowing the BR to focus more on closer to mid range combat. With the BR’s smaller scope, I’m guessing this is that case. If not, then I agree with you, there is no need for the DMR

I’d imagine that we’ll only be seeing one weapon from each niche.

So we’ve got the:

-AR as a close range rifle so we wont be seeing the SR or Suppressor.

-BR as the medium range rifle so we wont see the CC.

-DMR as the long range rifle so we wont see the LR or NR.

-SMG as a close range secondary so we wont see the Boltshot, PR or Mauler.

-Sniper rifle, so no Beam rifle, Focus rifle or Binary.

-what I’m guessing is a Rocket launcher so no Fuel rod or IC.

-Sword as a CQC power weapon so no Scattershot, Hammer or Shotgun.

Based on this I predict a:

-Grenade launcher. Pro pipe, Brute shot, Concussion rifle or Sticky det.

-Charged anti-vehicle weapon. Splazer or PL. Unlikely given that there’ll be no vehicles

-Enemy weakener. PP. The PP does have some arena use but the lack of vehicles might put it on a low priority for 343.

-Pistol. Magnum.

-Heavy automatic. Needler or Saw.

-There might also be a Turret but I don’t see that being likely since it’s 4v4 only and it’s extremely rare to see these on small maps.