Knights are the only ai 343 needs to look at

After grinding WZFF for a couple days. Knights are the only AI that 343 needs to look at. I feel like every other AI is balanced and spawns at the correct moment. How they use the Knights though needs to be looked at.

I agree, 343 also needs to evaluate the knight spam that they use in every single defend objective.

No, they need to rework every AI in the game. The AI doesn’t get smarter as the difficulty goes up, they just get absurd bonuses to their health, damage, an accuracy, so the difficulty is artificial. We should be able to beat them because we outsmarted and outmaneuvered them, not because we fired 10x as many bullets into these pincushions as they’ve fired at us.

> 2533274988394857;2:
> I agree, 343 also needs to evaluate the knight spam that they use in every single defend objective.

Yeah, champions have unlimited Inceration Cannon fire.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> No, they need to rework every AI in the game. The AI doesn’t get smarter as the difficulty goes up, they just get absurd bonuses to their health, damage, an accuracy, so the difficulty is artificial. We should be able to beat them because we outsmarted and outmaneuvered them, not because we fired 10x as many bullets into these pincushions as they’ve fired at us.

^This. Perfect explanation. 343 you’ve done more to listen to the fanbase recently and we appreciate that so please work on the ai for the next update.

Destroying most of the Knights and then having a whole -Yoink- ton Spawn again, denying you access to Grunt Boss, is just gruesome. Especially when there are more mythic bosses to kill afterwards.

They need to stop respawning Heavy waves after we clear them. Also, I recently thought of an idea where we get added time for each Mythic boss we kill in the later stages.

> 2535417727950936;5:
> > 2533274978553590;3:
> > No, they need to rework every AI in the game. The AI doesn’t get smarter as the difficulty goes up, they just get absurd bonuses to their health, damage, an accuracy, so the difficulty is artificial. We should be able to beat them because we outsmarted and outmaneuvered them, not because we fired 10x as many bullets into these pincushions as they’ve fired at us.
>
>
> ^This. Perfect explanation. 343 you’ve done more to listen to the fanbase recently and we appreciate that so please work on the ai for the next update.

I’m not sure why you would think that they would “listen” on this matter, when every single “improvement” they made to the PvE encounters in this update was to make them bigger bullet sponges. They’re clueless.

> 2533274978553590;3:
> No, they need to rework every AI in the game. The AI doesn’t get smarter as the difficulty goes up, they just get absurd bonuses to their health, damage, an accuracy, so the difficulty is artificial. We should be able to beat them because we outsmarted and outmaneuvered them, not because we fired 10x as many bullets into these pincushions as they’ve fired at us.

I feel like this is definitely apparent with the Knights

I don’t even see the point in pulling an ammo limited power weapon. They do no noticeable damage on the big bosses and your out of ammo in seconds. Just a waste of Legendary or Ultra Rare reqs.

> 2533274978553590;3:

Agreed. 343 made the AI cheap not smart.

I actually agree. Take the Defend the Armory objective on Darkstar. Wave one. It’s actually a lot of fun defending against hordes of soldiers and crawlers… and then the Knights show up. And you, with your magnum and assault rifle, are somehow expected to kill the endless stream of them.

If these were Halo 4 Knights it wouldn’t be an issue but these are heavily armored ones with 3 weak points that are only “weak” if you follow up with a well placed head shot which isn’t easy to do with a BR let alone a magnum.

And I don’t need to remind everyone about the mass spamming of them that defend wardens and Deacon Pipap. If they didn’t just have 2 Knights take their place for every death it wouldn’t be an issue. You’d be rewarded for taking them out. Instead, it’s a waste of time and ammo but there are times when you, as the player, are forced to engage the Knights instead of the boss. And what does it get you? A fresh Knight spawning in its place. So honestly you are almost punished for fighting your way through them. The player is seemingly expected to treat them as hazards to avoid and dance around, not be directly engaged.

In summary: Knights are cool. Just not in the way they are currently utilized.

Nah man, the knights are fine. HAHA!!

> 2533274812650916;11:
> I actually agree. Take the Defend the Armory objective on Darkstar. Wave one. It’s actually a lot of fun defending against hordes of soldiers and crawlers… and then the Knights show up. And you, with your magnum and assault rifle, are somehow expected to kill the endless stream of them.
>
> If these were Halo 4 Knights it wouldn’t be an issue but these are heavily armored ones with 3 weak points that are only “weak” if you follow up with a well placed head shot which isn’t easy to do with a BR let alone a magnum.
>
> And I don’t need to remind everyone about the mass spamming of them that defend wardens and Deacon Pipap. If they didn’t just have 2 Knights take their place for every death it wouldn’t be an issue. You’d be rewarded for taking them out. Instead, it’s a waste of time and ammo but there are times when you, as the player, are forced to engage the Knights instead of the boss. And what does it get you? A fresh Knight spawning in its place. So honestly you are almost punished for fighting your way through them. The player is seemingly expected to treat them as hazards to avoid and dance around, not be directly engaged.
>
> In summary: Knights are cool. Just not in the way they are currently utilized.

^ Totally agree with the above comments. In general I avoid them because when you kill one two respawn and take their place. There’s way too many of them in the early rounds, even in later tounds it can take multiple tank shots to kill them. They should be as easy to take down as an Elite, IMO.

> 2535449682372119;12:
> Nah man, the knights are fine. HAHA!!

Your video clip pretty much sums it up lol

That being said, at least the Knights aren’t just shoot-at-and-kill. They at least have a couple of weak-points, way better than Halo 4’s version which is JUST shoot at them.

> 2533274978553590;3:

It’s like playing Galaga all the time. Watching my screen fill with bullets that are all heading my direction. Just need to find the one clear space so I can live… *Sobs in the background

Ha ha!

> 2533274812650916;11:
> I actually agree. Take the Defend the Armory objective on Darkstar. Wave one. It’s actually a lot of fun defending against hordes of soldiers and crawlers… and then the Knights show up. And you, with your magnum and assault rifle, are somehow expected to kill the endless stream of them.
>
> If these were Halo 4 Knights it wouldn’t be an issue but these are heavily armored ones with 3 weak points that are only “weak” if you follow up with a well placed head shot which isn’t easy to do with a BR let alone a magnum.
>
> And I don’t need to remind everyone about the mass spamming of them that defend wardens and Deacon Pipap. If they didn’t just have 2 Knights take their place for every death it wouldn’t be an issue. You’d be rewarded for taking them out. Instead, it’s a waste of time and ammo but there are times when you, as the player, are forced to engage the Knights instead of the boss. And what does it get you? A fresh Knight spawning in its place. So honestly you are almost punished for fighting your way through them. The player is seemingly expected to treat them as hazards to avoid and dance around, not be directly engaged.
>
> In summary: Knights are cool. Just not in the way they are currently utilized.

It’s so true! There is no point in killing them because they just spawn in the next batch, and you’re left wondering why you did it in the first place.

I think that if they fix firefight, they need to give more time between ads spawning in to promote risk v. reward. You just killed a horde of knights defending the boss, awesome, you have about a minute take on the boss before more come. That or just take out the fresh ads all together; Once they are dead, they are dead and you can now focus all of your attention on the Warden Eternal who is kicking your teams trash.

> 2533274961306591;16:
> > 2533274978553590;3:
> > No, they need to rework every AI in the game. The AI doesn’t get smarter as the difficulty goes up, they just get absurd bonuses to their health, damage, an accuracy, so the difficulty is artificial. We should be able to beat them because we outsmarted and outmaneuvered them, not because we fired 10x as many bullets into these pincushions as they’ve fired at us.
>
>
> It’s like playing Galaga all the time. Watching my screen fill with bullets that are all heading my direction. Just need to find the one clear space so I can live… *Sobs in the background
>
> Ha ha!
>
>
> > 2533274812650916;11:
> > I actually agree. Take the Defend the Armory objective on Darkstar. Wave one. It’s actually a lot of fun defending against hordes of soldiers and crawlers… and then the Knights show up. And you, with your magnum and assault rifle, are somehow expected to kill the endless stream of them.
> >
> > If these were Halo 4 Knights it wouldn’t be an issue but these are heavily armored ones with 3 weak points that are only “weak” if you follow up with a well placed head shot which isn’t easy to do with a BR let alone a magnum.
> >
> > And I don’t need to remind everyone about the mass spamming of them that defend wardens and Deacon Pipap. If they didn’t just have 2 Knights take their place for every death it wouldn’t be an issue. You’d be rewarded for taking them out. Instead, it’s a waste of time and ammo but there are times when you, as the player, are forced to engage the Knights instead of the boss. And what does it get you? A fresh Knight spawning in its place. So honestly you are almost punished for fighting your way through them. The player is seemingly expected to treat them as hazards to avoid and dance around, not be directly engaged.
> >
> > In summary: Knights are cool. Just not in the way they are currently utilized.
>
>
> It’s so true! There is no point in killing them because they just spawn in the next batch, and you’re left wondering why you did it in the first place.
>
> I think that if they fix firefight, they need to give more time between ads spawning in to promote risk v. reward. You just killed a horde of knights defending the boss, awesome, you have about a minute take on the boss before more come. That or just take out the fresh ads all together; Once they are dead, they are dead and you can now focus all of your attention on the Warden Eternal who is kicking your teams trash.

I agree with that, after killing off a wave of enemies there should be nore time to shoot the boss.

> 2535449682372119;12:
> Nah man, the knights are fine. HAHA!!

Yo that’s ridiculous, hahahah.

I thought knights were one of the easier ones to handle. Shoot the glowy bits until the face glows.

Admittedly i think the boss knights need to open their face after you destroy the two glowy bits like in the beta.

Soldiers on the other hand.
Where the -Yoink- is there weak spot ?
Is it the chest ? The face ?

> 2533274925210321;18:
> > 2535449682372119;12:
> > Nah man, the knights are fine. HAHA!!
>
>
> Yo that’s ridiculous, hahahah.

LOL. I’ve beaten all the Halos on Legendary difficulty (and a couple on LASO) so I LOVE a powerful AI and enjoy the challenge, but even I’ll admit the knights might need a little toning back in Firefight. I think everything else is pretty much perfect, but those knights are hardcore. It’s not just how tough they are either, it’s the way they will spawn in your face and light you up before you can even react. Plus the very long respawn times. They’re certainly tough.