Kinsano Nerfs

Using the leader Kinsano in a competitive match was difficult, because she is easily killed, now with the ridiculous 70% reduction in her buildings damage, she is a
totally useless unit.

Flamehogs have been so badly nerfed when upgraded that they just don`t do enough damage to buildings. and have become unviable.

Inferno damage to buildings reduced by 20% is too much (bannished eridication beams still wreck bases)

The nerfs to Kinsano are damaging and unwarranted. even top players like DreamTeamZombie (who always used Kinsano) are using other leaders.

Kinsano is effectively useless.

Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.

> 2533274824100453;2:
> Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.

This :+1:

She still has access to the unit that’s pretty broken right now, has good drops, decent overall leader points and they’re spread nicely across the tiers.

You just can’t spam flamehogs anymore and hope to win.

> 2533274824100453;2:
> Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.

Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.

you can blame BtC Nasty Nick for the kinsano nerf

> 2533274800564519;5:
> > 2533274824100453;2:
> > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
>
> Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.

DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.

> 2533274824100453;7:
> > 2533274800564519;5:
> > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> >
> > Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> > That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.
>
> DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.

Stop being so rude. Worry about yourself. I assume you aren’t on this account because your previous one got banned from the forums. This is so unproductive.

> 2533274824100453;2:

This exactly. Same problem with people complaining that protector sentinels are not powerful enough to overcome counters.

T1? That means best T3 right? hurk a durk

> 2674682457271996;8:
> > 2533274824100453;7:
> > > 2533274800564519;5:
> > > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> > >
> > > Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> > > That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.
> >
> > DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.
>
> Stop being so rude. Worry about yourself. I assume you aren’t on this account because your previous one got banned from the forums. This is so unproductive.

How is it rude to point out that the Meta has clearly changed and someone who was using a broken strategy is no longer performing well? This is the first account i have ever made for this forum. Sorry if you are a distraught Kinsano user but its not my fault she got hit with the nerf bat and you wasted your money on her DLC.

It is rude to follow somebody playing and laugh at him losing isn’t that obvious? I think the Kinsano nerfs were warranted and have spoke about them on multiple other threads. I want this to be a competitive balanced game. What you are doing is toxic and bad for the ghame and community.

Why not use your real account when posting on the forums so people can see your game history? I don’t feel I wasted any money on this game. Please stop being so toxic.

> 2533274849820978;9:
> > 2533274824100453;2:
> > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
>
> This exactly. Same problem with people complaining that protector sentinels are not powerful enough to overcome counters.
>
> T1? That means best T3 right? hurk a durk

I wouldn’t say they should be able to counter their hard counters. But considering Andres has several late tier leader points dedicated to buffing the sentinels, I think they should still be somewhat viable. I’m by no means an Anders player, but sentinels pretty much fall flat on their faces from what I’ve seen. Even the chaingun on a scorpion rips then apart now. Like why? What are they even good against?

> 2533274824100453;10:
> > 2674682457271996;8:
> > > 2533274824100453;7:
> > > > 2533274800564519;5:
> > > > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> > > >
> > > > Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> > > > That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.
> > >
> > > DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.
> >
> > Stop being so rude. Worry about yourself. I assume you aren’t on this account because your previous one got banned from the forums. This is so unproductive.
>
> How is it rude to point out that the Meta has clearly changed and someone who was using a broken strategy is no longer performing well? This is the first account i have ever made for this forum. Sorry if you are a distraught Kinsano user but its not my fault she got hit with the nerf bat and you wasted your money on her DLC.

It is rude to follow somebody playing and laugh at him losing isn’t that obvious?

I think the Kinsano nerfs were warranted and have spoke about them on multiple other threads. I want this to be a competitive balanced game. What you are doing is toxic and bad for the game and community.Why not use your real account when posting on the forums so people can see your game history? I don’t feel I wasted any money on this game. Please stop being so toxic

> 2661949065475413;12:
> > 2533274849820978;9:
> > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> >
> > This exactly. Same problem with people complaining that protector sentinels are not powerful enough to overcome counters.
> >
> > T1? That means best T3 right? hurk a durk
>
> I wouldn’t say they should be able to counter their hard counters. But considering Andres has several late tier leader points dedicated to buffing the sentinels, I think they should still be somewhat viable. I’m by no means an Anders player, but sentinels pretty much fall flat on their faces from what I’ve seen. Even the chaingun on a scorpion rips then apart now. Like why? What are they even good against?

Sorry for creating a little bit of drama, there was incident last night about this.

In Tier 1 they are actually useful. Since most T1 cannot attack them, flamethrowers and snipers for example, they force your opponent to retreat and macro to wolverines early. Some complaints are that marines are too hard of a counter. Since they are the about the only T1 unit that can attack air that makes the game balanced.

I understand and agree that at mid and end game they less powerful than other similar units. I would support adding another Teir 3 upgrade to them to help but a flat overall damage boost from beginning of game to end I think would be unbalanced. Think of Hawks in Halo Wars 1, they were the best Air unit in the game and extremely lethal but they were balanced because the research took a long time to get or great mid/early game sacrifices to fast tech into.

Aren’t hornets also 100 more supply? A units cost should be indicative of their power.

Lastly they can be built from any main base and don’t take up building slots to make. This means that should protector sentinels be equal to a hornet the hornet player will be down 2 supply pads (or anything else) in an air vs air fight.

> 2674682457271996;13:
> > 2533274824100453;10:
> > > 2674682457271996;8:
> > > > 2533274824100453;7:
> > > > > 2533274800564519;5:
> > > > > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > > > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> > > > >
> > > > > Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> > > > > That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.
> > > >
> > > > DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.
> > >
> > > Stop being so rude. Worry about yourself. I assume you aren’t on this account because your previous one got banned from the forums. This is so unproductive.
> >
> > How is it rude to point out that the Meta has clearly changed and someone who was using a broken strategy is no longer performing well? This is the first account i have ever made for this forum. Sorry if you are a distraught Kinsano user but its not my fault she got hit with the nerf bat and you wasted your money on her DLC.
>
> It is rude to follow somebody playing and laugh at him losing isn’t that obvious?
>
> I think the Kinsano nerfs were warranted and have spoke about them on multiple other threads. I want this to be a competitive balanced game. What you are doing is toxic and bad for the game and community.Why not use your real account when posting on the forums so people can see your game history? I don’t feel I wasted any money on this game. Please stop being so toxic

This is CBK twix. I couldnt remember my password for my current account which is why i used my old one i just wanted to comment on this thread but i guess ill use my current account since it bothers you. Ill leave Dreamteamzomb in his safe space if it makes you happy but i was mocked quite a bit last season by kinsano players when i had like a 40/50 winrate. Im currently ranked 10th on the 1v1 ladder with one of the most lousy leaders in this game. Im the only Forge in champion and even Onyx i beleive so yeah that gives me some bragging rights and im loving the kinsano tears. I guess i could be a bit more humble but this moment has been a long time comming after enduring so much nonsense with jackrabbits and flame hogs and even the banished with their locusts. Im finally having fun with this game and it feels great.

> 2533274824100453;2:

This is true, however the new meta is evolving into tank spam.

I’ll make a thread with some early impressions and analysis on what the meta is looking like post 24h

> 2535422802208233;15:
> > 2674682457271996;13:
> > > 2533274824100453;10:
> > > > 2674682457271996;8:
> > > > > 2533274824100453;7:
> > > > > > 2533274800564519;5:
> > > > > > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > > > > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> > > > > > That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.
> > > > >
> > > > > DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.
> > > >
> > > > Stop being so rude. Worry about yourself. I assume you aren’t on this account because your previous one got banned from the forums. This is so unproductive.
> > >
> > > How is it rude to point out that the Meta has clearly changed and someone who was using a broken strategy is no longer performing well? This is the first account i have ever made for this forum. Sorry if you are a distraught Kinsano user but its not my fault she got hit with the nerf bat and you wasted your money on her DLC.
> >
> > It is rude to follow somebody playing and laugh at him losing isn’t that obvious?
> >
> > I think the Kinsano nerfs were warranted and have spoke about them on multiple other threads. I want this to be a competitive balanced game. What you are doing is toxic and bad for the game and community.Why not use your real account when posting on the forums so people can see your game history? I don’t feel I wasted any money on this game. Please stop being so toxic
>
> This is CBK twix. I couldnt remember my password for my current account which is why i used my old one i just wanted to comment on this thread but i guess ill use my current account since it bothers you. Ill leave Dreamteamzomb in his safe space if it makes you happy but i was mocked quite a bit last season by kinsano players when i had like a 40/50 winrate. Im currently ranked 10th on the 1v1 ladder with one of the most lousy leaders in this game. Im the only Forge in champion and even Onyx i beleive so yeah that gives me some bragging rights and im loving the kinsano tears. I guess i could be a bit more humble but this moment has been a long time comming after enduring so much nonsense with jackrabbits and flame hogs and even the banished with their locusts. Im finally having fun with this game and it feels great.

I am happy you are enjoying the game! You are allowed to brag all you want. Congrats on the high leaderboard placement! I hope to be up there soon but I have been out of town a lot this season and can’t plays 1’s until Tuesday.

Going through individuals game history and calling them out is mean and adds nothing. Did you like being mocked last season?

What Kinsano tears are you talking about? I haven’t really seen anybody complaining about the nerfs. It also stands to reason that after nerfs Kinsano mains would drop in win percentage while trying out new strategies/leaders.

It bothered me that you didn’t use your real tag because you were calling out individuals on their game history without showing yours.

This OP of this threat basically came off as Kinsano Tears complaining about the nerf. I do actually agree that maybe the 70% flame wall reduction is a bit overkill. But im not a game developer so i dont know how strong they really intended that ability to be. Forge does not have anything that strong even when he is fully leveled up so i dont really have much sympathy for the nerf. I actually congratulated ZOmbie in private message on xboxlive for getting into champion but warned him that with the nerfs he may not stay there long if he hasnt actually learned game mechanics.

Youre right i didnt like being mocked by mediocre RTS players who beat me by using poorly designed units and abilities. Ill keep the trash talk to a minimum going forward though as its not really necessary . My gaming record speaks for itself, i got into champion last season with Forge before they even pushed the balance changes through its not really a surprise that im in the top ten after 343 did the right thing and finally balanced the game to more reward skill.

maybe ill see you on the ladder, happy gaming!

> 2674682457271996;17:
> > 2535422802208233;15:
> > > 2674682457271996;13:
> > > > 2533274824100453;10:
> > > > > 2674682457271996;8:
> > > > > > 2533274824100453;7:
> > > > > > > 2533274800564519;5:
> > > > > > > > 2533274824100453;2:
> > > > > > > > Top players like DreamTeamZombie are using other leaders because they are looking for another unbalanced exploit thats been overlooked. The problem is people want to be able to mass produce a single unit all game and never have to scout and that’s becoming impossible now. Starcraft would never have been considered the RTS masterpiece that it is right now if you could build siege tanks all game regardless of the other players army composition and still win most of your games at the competitive level. Until basically last week this game has not even remotely resembled a solid RTS and it seems to be a rude awakening for a lot of players that mistakenly believed they were good with their 90% kinsano winrate.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > Agreed, a lot of the “top players” in season 1 are performing much worse in season 2 now that you can’t just exploit clearly broken strategies.
> > > > > > > That’s not to say that the game is perfectly balanced at the moment, far from it, just that a higher skillcap is needed to maintain a good Win% this season.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > DreamTeamZomb who last i saw was using FlameHogs spam, just dropped out of champion in the last 24 hours since this update went through. LOL he dropped like 150 CSR. Must literally be losing like every game now.
> > > > >
> > > > > Stop being so rude. Worry about yourself. I assume you aren’t on this account because your previous one got banned from the forums. This is so unproductive.
> > > >
> > > > How is it rude to point out that the Meta has clearly changed and someone who was using a broken strategy is no longer performing well? This is the first account i have ever made for this forum. Sorry if you are a distraught Kinsano user but its not my fault she got hit with the nerf bat and you wasted your money on her DLC.
> > >
> > > …
>
> What Kinsano tears are you talking about? I haven’t really seen anybody complaining about the nerfs. It also stands to reason that after nerfs Kinsano mains would drop in win percentage while trying out new strategies/leaders.

This very thread is about a guy complaining for kinsano’s nerfs :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2535422802208233;18:
> This OP of this threat basically came off as Kinsano Tears complaining about the nerf. I do actually agree that maybe the 70% flame wall reduction is a bit overkill. But im not a game developer so i dont know how strong they really intended that ability to be. Forge does not have anything that strong even when he is fully leveled up so i dont really have much sympathy for the nerf. I actually congratulated ZOmbie in private message on xboxlive for getting into champion but warned him that with the nerfs he may not stay there long if he hasnt actually learned game mechanics.
>
> Youre right i didnt like being mocked by mediocre RTS players who beat me by using poorly designed units and abilities. Ill keep the trash talk to a minimum going forward though as its not really necessary . My gaming record speaks for itself, i got into champion last season with Forge before they even pushed the balance changes through its not really a surprise that im in the top ten after 343 did the right thing and finally balanced the game to more reward skill.
>
> maybe ill see you on the ladder, happy gaming!

Do you stream???