Kinect no longer mandatory

You no longer have to have the Kinect plugged in, wow.

Awesome, thank God in Heaven!

Yes!

YEs!

YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I wonder if they’ll make a version with a price cut

> I wonder if they’ll make a version with a price cut

I think sometime next year they will.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

> I wonder if they’ll make a version with a price cut

That would be a dream come true…

Really! Awesome!

Just one less reason to get a PS4 :slight_smile:

I have so many reasons I like the X1 more already.

EDIT: Phone service lagged, double posted.

> > I wonder if they’ll make a version with a price cut
>
> <mark>I think sometime next year they will.</mark>
>
> I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

That’s good as that’s when I plan on getting an Xbox One

> > > I wonder if they’ll make a version with a price cut
> >
> > <mark>I think sometime next year they will.</mark>
> >
> > I don’t see why they wouldn’t.
>
> That’s good as that’s when I plan on getting an Xbox One

Same here.

bout time, lets hope Microsoft can dig their name outta the grave before black Friday…

Maybe with a non Kinect needed bundle?

But they’re still making the Xbox One come with it, I’m still paying for a kinect I’ll never really use so they still haven’t fixed the problem

> But they’re still making the Xbox One come with it, I’m still paying for a kinect I’ll never really use so they still haven’t fixed the problem

It’s a step in the right direction…

Hopefully they’ll come out with a Kinect-less bundle sometime next year. Before I wouldn’t of thought it to be possible, but with these recent developments, there is still hope.

> But they’re still making the Xbox One come with it, I’m still paying for a kinect I’ll never really use so they still haven’t fixed the problem

Give it time, they just announced it didn’t need it, I’d say there will be an announcement at Gamescom

I’ll be truly happy when the non-Kinect bundle and price cut happens.
At least Microsoft is backpedaling on some bad decisions. I might consider it now.

My main issue with the next gen is they are just the Xbox 360.5 and the PS3.5

> My main issue with the next gen is they are just the Xbox 360.5 and the PS3.5

Get a gaming PC, its a better investment IMO.

The only reason I want to get an X1 is for Halo.

I’ll say what I said on Bungie: anyone whose been paying attention would have known this months ago. There was an article I read awhile back that said “you can set the Kinect sensor to only respond to “xbox on,” or you even flip the switch on that and turn it completely off.”

The only technically new thing is that you can unplug it, but that’s just paranoia.

> I’ll say what I said on Bungie: anyone whose been paying attention would have known this months ago. There was an article I read awhile back that said “you can set the Kinect sensor to only respond to “xbox on,” or you even flip the switch on that and turn it completely off.”
>
> The only technically new thing is that you can unplug it, but that’s just paranoia.

It’s also a massive bonus for someone like myself who has no room on his desk for an Xbox One, let alone the Kinect.