Kinect Mic's in Halo 5

Story: I own a headset and do not wish to pay the extra 25 dollars for a cheap yoink adapter that costs as much as a standard mic itself. So unlike a ton of the XBOX ONE games, there needs to be Kinect voice chat. My TV cant even play sounds while i use my headset so background noise isn’t an issue. <mark>Furthermore if people have a problem with kinect mic users (which sounds pretty damn good on the XBOX ONE) then they can mute them.</mark> Don’t be like the rest of these fools 343. Allow Kinect mic usage.

<mark>Muting exists for a reason.</mark>

The issue with the Xbox One Kinect mic being enabled is - not a lot of people actually know about it and because of that, you run into those who constantly have loud noises playing, the game sound playing (because the Kinect is next to their TV), etc.

It’s a tricky situation and you can totally see why games like Titanfall have disabled it - it sucks to have to mute people all the time because they don’t realize their Kinect is broadcasting everything, or they don’t care.

It might not be an issue for you, but seeing as a lot of games have done it then it seems to be a large issue.

I’d seriously advise picking up the Headset Adapter though. 25 bucks may seem like a little too much but it is well worth the investment.

And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.

> And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.

Lets hope that doesn’t return :confused:

> > And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.
>
> Lets hope that doesn’t return :confused:

I’d be willing to bet that it does, unfortunately.

> > > And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.
> >
> > Lets hope that doesn’t return :confused:
>
> I’d be willing to bet that it does, unfortunately.

read the whole post dude. My kinect doesn’t sound bad because i use it with a headset. Meaning it sounds just like a regular mic.

And I’m not a money waster, so i’m not gonna pay $25 for something that

A. either shouldn’t exist
B. or should have come with the console

And to Moa: Its an easy fix if they just make you have to enable it as a mic. But still, muting is a button press away.

> > > > And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.
> > >
> > > Lets hope that doesn’t return :confused:
> >
> > I’d be willing to bet that it does, unfortunately.
>
> read the whole post dude. My kinect doesn’t sound bad because i use it with a headset. Meaning it sounds just like a regular mic.
>
> And I’m not a money waster, so i’m not gonna pay $25 for something that
>
> A. either shouldn’t exist
> B. or should have come with the console
>
> And to Moa: Its an easy fix if they just make you have to enable it as a mic. But still, muting is a button press away.

Read my whole post, please. I said for you it wasn’t an issue but obviously for others - it is hence why a lot of games choose to disable it.

The facts are - the Kinect picks up a lot of unnecessary background noise that is extremely loud and obnoxious. When a car drives past my house, it gets picked up and it’s extremely annoying.

I’d love to see an option under Voice & Communication that’s something like this:

Voice Chat - ON/OFF
Kinect - ON/OFF

Disabling Kinect will ensure you can no longer here those with Kinect mics.

The Xbox One already has an option under the Kinect settings to Enable/Disable the Kinect microphone and it’s enabled by default.

> > And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.
>
> Lets hope that doesn’t return :confused:

I kinda hope it does return, people who use the Kinect as a microphone are instantly muted to me because it is genuinely difficult to listen to. Even on the Xbox One mic.

> > > > > And if you don’t pick up the adapter, be prepared for voice bans.
> > > >
> > > > Lets hope that doesn’t return :confused:
> > >
> > > I’d be willing to bet that it does, unfortunately.
> >
> > read the whole post dude. My kinect doesn’t sound bad because i use it with a headset. Meaning it sounds just like a regular mic.
> >
> > And I’m not a money waster, so i’m not gonna pay $25 for something that
> >
> > A. either shouldn’t exist
> > B. or should have come with the console
> >
> > And to Moa: Its an easy fix if they just make you have to enable it as a mic. But still, muting is a button press away.
>
> <mark>Read my whole post, please. I said for you it wasn’t an issue but obviously for others - it is hence why a lot of games choose to disable it.</mark>
>
> The facts are - the Kinect picks up a lot of unnecessary background noise that is extremely loud and obnoxious. When a car drives past my house, it gets picked up and it’s extremely annoying.
>
> I’d love to see an option under Voice & Communication that’s something like this:
>
> Voice Chat - ON/OFF
> Kinect - ON/OFF
>
> Disabling Kinect will ensure you can no longer here those with Kinect mics.
>
> The Xbox One already has an option under the Kinect settings to Enable/Disable the Kinect microphone and it’s enabled by default.

Wasn’t talking to you until i said and to Moa. Thats why i quoted other dood

And i’m talking about in game where the only way you can use it is if you go and turn it on as a mic. Otherwise people should just use the mute button. Also Mute ban is a seriously limited idea seeing as there’s a mute button. If someone is continuously being annoying then don’t ban his voice, ban him.

> Story: I own a headset and do not wish to pay the extra 25 dollars for a cheap yoink adapter that costs as much as a standard mic itself. So unlike a ton of the XBOX ONE games, there needs to be Kinect voice chat. My TV cant even play sounds while i use my headset so background noise isn’t an issue. <mark>Furthermore if people have a problem with kinect mic users (which sounds pretty damn good on the XBOX ONE) then they can mute them.</mark> Don’t be like the rest of these fools 343. Allow Kinect mic usage.
>
>
> <mark>Muting exists for a reason.</mark>

You could do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ElDiWs3eY

It costs $40 where I live and our currencies hold parity within 5%

I thought the whole idea of calibrating kinect’s audio was to enable the XOne to distinguish between voice and system.

I have the same setup as OP for the most part.
I use Kinect for home and pull out the adaptor for (mini) LAN nights.

Obnoxious people are everywhere, they ruin everything with or without trying.

> read the whole post dude. My kinect doesn’t sound bad because i use it with a headset. Meaning it sounds just like a regular mic.

I read the whole post. Dude.

Go ahead and enable your Kinect mic. I don’t care. When your voice comes across sounding like crap - or the mic picks up random background noises - I’ll just mute you. I no longer care if you get a voice ban.

The Kinect mic is a general area mic. The sensitivity is a lot higher than a headset mic, simply because it has to pick up your voice at a greater distance. If I start hearing your dog or kids or mom or the garbage truck, I mute.

So, because you are unwilling to pay a measly 20$ for an adapter, so that you can use whatever headset you want, you want me to have to go through and mute people in game?

What happens if in the pregame, everything is fine, then halfway through the game a dump truck starts dumping screaming children playing bagpipes through your living room roof? I have to stop, find your name, and mute you?

No thanks.

Buy the adapter, and disable Kinect chat. I don’t want to hear people farting everytime I kill them.

> So, because you are unwilling to pay a measly 20$ for an adapter, so that you can use whatever headset you want, you want me to have to go through and mute people in game?
>
> <mark>What happens if in the pregame, everything is fine, then halfway through the game a dump truck starts dumping screaming children playing bagpipes through your living room roof? I have to stop, find your name, and mute you?</mark>
>
> No thanks.
>
> Buy the adapter, and disable Kinect chat. I don’t want to hear people farting everytime I kill them.

So, because you are unwilling to press a measly mute button, you want me to have to go pay <mark>25$</mark> (Which is the same price as the mic) for something that should either be free or not exist at all.

What happens if in the pregame, everything is fine, then halfway through the game some troll decides to start singing or playing music through his headset? I press back button WHILE STILL PLAYING and the “A” button on their name to mute them. Then, I press the back button again and the list of players just magically disappears.

Yes please

Don’t buy the adapter. Only stupid people purchase items that are priced way above their actual value. Tell me how something that <mark>comes with a regular mic</mark> can be taken off of that mic, given a port into it, and then cost the exact same as the mic itself.

> So, because you are unwilling to press a measly mute button, you want me to have to go pay <mark>25$</mark> (Which is the same price as the mic) for something that should either be free or not exist at all.

  1. The Xbone (and all consoles) should work with gaming headsets. It is inexcusable that they don’t (at least not without modifications - which I have and will continue to do). Your frustration there is justified.

  2. I am perfectly willing to press the mute button, just as I am perfectly willing to allow you to be voice banned.

> > So, because you are unwilling to press a measly mute button, you want me to have to go pay <mark>25$</mark> (Which is the same price as the mic) for something that should either be free or not exist at all.
>
> 1. The Xbone (and all consoles) should work with gaming headsets. It is inexcusable that they don’t (at least not without modifications - which I have and will continue to do). Your frustration there is justified.
>
> 2. I am perfectly willing to press the mute button, just as I am perfectly willing to allow you to be voice banned.

Like I said My Kinect sounds good because I use it the right way. So voice ban isn’t to be worried about. One note on voice ban I have to say is that it was a really dumb idea. I never got it and don’t really understand how others should ever be banned from voice unless they are actually banned from the multiplayer. Voice ban is a waste of time to put into a game yet again because of the <mark>mute button</mark>.

> > snip[/h]
>
> So, because you are unwilling to press a measly mute button, you want me to have to go pay <mark>25$</mark> (Which is the same price as the mic) for something that should either be free or not exist at all.
>
>
> What happens if in the pregame, everything is fine, then halfway through the game some troll decides to start singing or playing music through his headset? I press back button WHILE STILL PLAYING and the “A” button on their name to mute them. Then, I press the back button again and the list of players just magically disappears.
>
>
> Yes please
>
>
> Don’t buy the adapter. Only stupid people purchase items that are priced way above their actual value. Tell me how something that <mark>comes with a regular mic</mark> can be taken off of that mic, given a port into it, and then cost the exact same as the mic itself.

Only “stupid people” would have a 300$ mic and not buy the adapter for 20$ which allows them to continue using it on the Xbox One.

Anyways, The situation is this: You need the adapter to use an older mic. If you don’t buy the adapter, you either A) Buy a new mic or B) Use the Kinect Mic. People are annoyed by those who use the Kinect mic, because regardless of your setup, there are countless others that I have personally experienced in games like Forza where the Kinect mic makes me super annoyed. Is muting someone the most difficult thing in the world to do? No, but I find it really annoying. Are you trying to tell me that I wasn’t annoyed in those situations? Are you me? No.

The Kinect Mic shouldn’t be used as a game mic. Period.

> > > snip[/h]
> >
> > So, because you are unwilling to press a measly mute button, you want me to have to go pay <mark>25$</mark> (Which is the same price as the mic) for something that should either be free or not exist at all.
> >
> >
> > What happens if in the pregame, everything is fine, then halfway through the game some troll decides to start singing or playing music through his headset? I press back button WHILE STILL PLAYING and the “A” button on their name to mute them. Then, I press the back button again and the list of players just magically disappears.
> >
> >
> > Yes please
> >
> >
> > Don’t buy the adapter. Only stupid people purchase items that are priced way above their actual value. Tell me how something that <mark>comes with a regular mic</mark> can be taken off of that mic, given a port into it, and then cost the exact same as the mic itself.
>
> Only “stupid people” would have a 300$ mic and not buy the adapter for 20$ which allows them to continue using it on the Xbox One.
>
> Anyways, The situation is this: You need the adapter to use an older mic. If you don’t buy the adapter, you either A) Buy a new mic or B) Use the Kinect Mic. People are annoyed by those who use the Kinect mic, because regardless of your setup, there are countless others that I have personally experienced in games like Forza where the Kinect mic makes me super annoyed. Is muting someone the most difficult thing in the world to do? No, but I find it really annoying. Are you trying to tell me that I wasn’t annoyed in those situations? Are you me? No.
>
> The Kinect Mic shouldn’t be used as a game mic. Period.

Sorry that you’re too lazy to mute someone. It understood in a game like forza where you really can’t get to the mute button, but in halo where it’s two presses away and can be used whilst you are dead your argument is irrelevant to the situation. If someone’s voice is a problem you should mute them. Otherwise they should be able to use whatever mic they see fit.

I get annoyed by people too. And you know what? I Mute them myself. (which i will again iterate takes two button presses in halo)---- very simple

Also the price of the adapter is $25 which is the same as the standard mic. Only “stupid people” pay for things that they shouldn’t have to.